Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Living Duller

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

^Ah, got it, got it! Thanks for clarifying. Totally understand what you're saying.

That February 2005 post does indeed suggest a next step. Without having gone back to re-read news posts and newsletters from that date on, I do recall suggestions that things were still progressing slowly. Perhaps there were a few life events around that time as well: Adam, Danny, Maynard having or just having had new kids? That's always going to change something.

Probably sounds like I'm making excuses for the band at this point, but these recent updates sound more promising for some reason.

I guess we never really know what's around the corner though. Despite that, I'm still hopeful.

Cheers!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

So it looks things really have moved a big step forward. The whole thing about the booth in the loft just seemed to be about just that, a booth. Nothing about Maynard actually having had used it. Now they're actually working together, on getting the vox in the songwriting process. You wonder though if they're gonna go the double album route or not, which will affect the length of the process, one would assume. I'm gonna guess they'll finish by the end of summer maybe, then record next year after harvest/holidays. Guess we might get a treat under the tree this year to keep us "salivating".
Ahhh, Infotainment!
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

hellboy wrote:I'm not overly excited yet - this doesn't really show any progress further than I expect and we're still a long way off. My news was unrelated to Maynard though, and I still can't/won't say anything about it (I'm not sure that I ever will).
"(I'm not sure that I ever will)". As in, even after whatever you have learned has become common knowledge (or might it not)?
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

This is probably just one of those times where Adam posts something to get us all excited and talking about things and then nothing happens ever.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

fortysixand2 wrote:This is probably just one of those times where Adam posts something to get us all excited and talking about things and then nothing happens ever.

Which of the 57 separate incidents are you referring to exactly?!?

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Could have sworn we were up to 58 by my count
Listen to All Them Witches
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Maybe the new album is called "Roadblocks"?!? And what Maynard was referring to when he mentioned "roadblocks" was that all he could see in the near future was the new album. Called, incidentally, "Roadblocks"?

Roadblocks.

There it is. I like it already.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I reckon the title track would feel kinda lame to be honest. Kinda like its going nowhere.
Listen to All Them Witches
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

I have a couple of theories on the "move out of the Loft". Just theories. I haven't asked anyone about this, or been told anything. .

The Loft is in Hollywood. It's exact location has become less of a secret over the years, and it often becomes a hangout for any number of tertiary people. So maybe a move to a different location removes some distractions, and keeps people from nosing about in their stuff.
Also, was a time that most of the band lived reasonably close to the Loft, and with Danny's much publicized move to Malibu, none of them live close to it anymore. So maybe they've found a more centralized location for all of them. Getting in and out of Hollywood can be a pain in the ass, depending on the time of day, as most Valley (and further West) dwellers can attest. Malibu, for example, to Hollywood is a 40 mile drive. In good traffic that's at least 45 minutes. In normal LA traffic it's well over an hour, I'd think. In rush hour.... yuck.
I live in North Hollywood, only about 9 miles from the Loft, and it could take me at least 30 minutes during rush hour.

The new location could also be closer to wherever Billy and Maynard are (theoretically) working on APC material, making it more convenient for Maynard to do both. Again, just a theory and please don't take my ramblings as any sort of confirmation.

It all sounds like some kind of progress, anyway, so it can't be a bad thing.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I've been wondering what Kirsten Dunst has been up to...
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

junior wrote:I have a couple of theories on the "move out of the Loft". Just theories. I haven't asked anyone about this, or been told anything. .

The Loft is in Hollywood. It's exact location has become less of a secret over the years, and it often becomes a hangout for any number of tertiary people. So maybe a move to a different location removes some distractions, and keeps people from nosing about in their stuff.
Also, was a time that most of the band lived reasonably close to the Loft, and with Danny's much publicized move to Malibu, none of them live close to it anymore. So maybe they've found a more centralized location for all of them. Getting in and out of Hollywood can be a pain in the ass, depending on the time of day, as most Valley (and further West) dwellers can attest. Malibu, for example, to Hollywood is a 40 mile drive. In good traffic that's at least 45 minutes. In normal LA traffic it's well over an hour, I'd think. In rush hour.... yuck.
I live in North Hollywood, only about 9 miles from the Loft, and it could take me at least 30 minutes during rush hour.

The new location could also be closer to wherever Billy and Maynard are (theoretically) working on APC material, making it more convenient for Maynard to do both. Again, just a theory and please don't take my ramblings as any sort of confirmation.

Seems entirely plausible and as you said it is progress and that is what matters. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts and your insights on the live shows are always cool. Peace and respect
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
Danny is just a good human being that just happens to also be one of the greatest drummers of all time. What a cool thing to do.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

hellboy wrote:
I'm impressed he remembered how it went. It's been a while. I know I'd forgotten some of it.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

junior wrote:I have a couple of theories on the "move out of the Loft". Just theories. I haven't asked anyone about this, or been told anything. .

Thanks for your insight Junior, it is greatly appreciated. I completely agree on all counts.....it is progress.

--edit--first time I saw that video with Danny and those girls. Amazing! He literally was smiling the entire time, absolutely was enjoying the performance.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

"I really fucking hate Adam right now"

Would also work.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I think that donut was actually a bagel.
Don't mow your lawn
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Ravenpig wrote:"I really fucking hate Adam right now"

Would also work.
"Maynard's got 3 bands going, and I am playing with 18 year olds. WTF happened to the last 12 years?"

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kind of a shitty way to spin that. Whatever gets you off, I suppose.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Its purely a joke, nothing more. I still consider Danny to be the most talented drummer in the past 30 years, and I think its awesome that he jumped in with those kids.

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

http://www.alternativenation.net/specia ... ool-album/

Moderately interesting. I don't think Bill is on the new record, I think it's just a mash up of old and new (Green Jello and Tool) when two old friends got together. But he mentions "new tool album soon.. Shhh"
Last edited by xZ1mM3r on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

This is what Hellboy was referring to.
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:This is what Hellboy was referring to.
HB is Bill Manspeaker, CONFIRMED
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Too many Bills, never enough jello.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy