Ask Blair About Hydroponics Stuff!

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Ask Blair About Hydroponics Stuff!

Post by hellboy »

Ok, I was speaking with Blair this morning via email in regards to a few newsletter related enquiries, and I asked him if he was up to answering a few questions from Fourtheye readers. The answer was yes.

So I ask you guys, what questions would you like to to ask of Blair? Bear in mind that these are questions for Blair, not Tool (though they may be about Tool).

Also, in the interests of not cluttering up this thread, I ask you to consider posting jokes and off the cuff remarks elsewhere. Legitimate discussion of questions is fine though.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Re: Ask Blair stuff!

Post by Krazy_blah »

Curveball- da fack is it, or assuming he can't answer that question, da fack is it gonna be revealed????
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Are there any surprises planned for Monster Mash? Would love to see some Primus-Tool collaboration :)
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

MobileVortex wrote:Are there any surprises planned for Monster Mash? Would love to see some Primus-Tool collaboration :)
NO!!! I wanna be surprised, like, at the show. :(
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Krazy_blah wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:Are there any surprises planned for Monster Mash? Would love to see some Primus-Tool collaboration :)
NO!!! I wanna be surprised, like, at the show. :(
I agree :P I dont want specifics, i just want to get hyped more haha, like that's possible. Fine dont ask him haha.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Also: Wasssup with them golden tickets?
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

do they still like lsd
McNadd33
Bronco's Fan

Post by McNadd33 »

is the next double album movie a synthesizer orgy of godliness?

along those lines, in the interview where maynard referrers to mainstream music as cheap as a mcdonalds happy meal toy, adam says he really appreciates aphex twin. that being said, and danny's collecting of vintage synthesizers, have the guys ever met up with Aphex? being complete music nerds and all... I'm nerding out right now..

Transitions.. Being out there in the public eye has its disadvantages and its perks ide imagine. Have you or the guys had any weird runnins/stories with other musicians? Talk to me about Jello Biafra being a priest..

of all places, why did i chose to see tool in new jersey and is the crowd less douchy everywhere else?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Hmm I don't know what to ask him. Any extra information he may have on the curve/new album/tour he obviously wouldn't divulge because otherwise he'd have told us already.

So how about an oldie? Paul D'Amour- quit or fired? For years they said Paul quit until the all Tool issue of Revolver came out and May Jay said they fired him but said he quit so he could save face. I tend to believe May Jay because he's always been pretty honest (example- the new album, he's by far been the most honest about it).

So what's the deal? Know any extra info on that?

Other than that, his newsletters get a lot of flack (killing the messenger) but I tend to enjoy them more than not. Keep up the good work.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:So how about an oldie? Paul D'Amour- quit or fired? For years they said Paul quit until the all Tool issue of Revolver came out and May Jay said they fired him but said he quit so he could save face. I tend to believe May Jay because he's always been pretty honest (example- the new album, he's by far been the most honest about it).
Wasn't there another interview or something recently where someone else said they had fired him?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:So how about an oldie? Paul D'Amour- quit or fired? For years they said Paul quit until the all Tool issue of Revolver came out and May Jay said they fired him but said he quit so he could save face. I tend to believe May Jay because he's always been pretty honest (example- the new album, he's by far been the most honest about it).
Wasn't there another interview or something recently where someone else said they had fired him?
I think Adam talked about it at the VIP sessions on the last tour. The recording of that is somewhere on Youtube I think.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea I forgot to add that in there but that's why I thought of that question.

Adam says in that clip that Paul quit, if I remember correctly.
Hey! Denty!
Froudie
Bronco's Fan

Post by Froudie »

Why hasn’t anyone found Problem 8 – The Riemann Hypothesis yet?
Can it still be found?
Has anyone been close to figuring it out?
Any more clues?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

What was the recent scary health issue with someone in the band? What was it and who did it affect?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Other than the obvious new material for the album, does tool have any unreleased or cut songs from any previous albums? Could they ever see the light of day?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

10000 days vinyl?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yo BMB, was this was real or staged:

Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Leave it to a moderator to ignore my request for no jokes!
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

How does Blair "feel" about the Oakland Raider's ranked a the bottom of the NFL/ESPN FPI? Is #32 an inspiration or should the Raiders just call it a day? Maybe they can find positions in the NRL?

Related: Is Danny stoked on the Chiefs at #10 in the FPI. Is this Alex Smith's year?

Ref: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13550 ... -august-31
“Casual Fan”
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

tiresias wrote:How does Blair "feel" about the Oakland Raider's r
(sic Raiders)
“Casual Fan”
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I would like to know if Blair plans to continue to write newsletters if/when the band decides to retire.

Please elaborate on the progress of the album from when you believe you heard half of an album (sans Maynard) in Danny's car several years back to what you have heard recently. Did they decide to scrap some of the music and start over?

Ya'll know we are going to get Blair'd when he answers some of these questions, right?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote: Ya'll know we are going to get Blair'd when he answers some of these questions, right?
I'd be disappointed if we weren't
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

1. What does the new album sound like?

2. How much of the new album is "finished" do you know?

3. Can you relate to us a recent conversation you had with a member of Tool regarding the impending new album?

4. To the best of your knowledge is the new Tool album being worked on every week?

5. Has there been any discussion that you have been privy too by the members of Tool regarding studio time for the new album?

6. Would you say the new album is more aggressive than 10,000 Days?
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

oO,..,Oo
also, Avatar!
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

will toolarmy ever be revamped?