New Tool Website

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

New Tool Website

Post by hellboy »

I think this warrants it's own thread. Criticize away!

For the most part, it seems pretty rough, some security concerns, the design seems a little undercooked, no real meaningful Toolarmy section yet.

It's nice to have something new, but at the moment it's not really much more than a re-skin.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: New Tool Website

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I have not been able to access it, so I think it's awful, terrible, and if the new Tool album is anything like it, than I think everybody involved in it's distribution, from the band to the clerk at Best Buy, should be rounded up and executed!*

*Opinion subject to change pending access to the updated site
Don't mow your lawn
nousername
of Arimathea

Post by nousername »

Well I am confused about the Toolarmy stuff. But it is the first day of it all, so I'll give time before getting too frustrated. Not like there is really anything to benefit from Toolarmy at this moment in time.
Anyway at least the new visual aspect is cool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It'd be nice if there were some kind of roadmap in regards to the Toolarmy stuff. At the moment it seems to be nothing more than "pay us money so you can buy more stuff". There's a couple of Toolarmy exclusive posts, and they're all old and nothing of any note - certainly not worth paying for to access.

Being a long time member I appear to have it for free, but there's not really any incentive to use it, or sign up as a new member at this point.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Too much Flash, or webm video. Does it really need to be playing at the top of every page? Maybe it's just a distraction from the fact that there's nothing there.
You can now comment on news posts. Let the trolling begin.
So they just completely deleted everything from the old toolarmy.com?? A little warning would have been nice.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

The User Name I used to sign in was not my ToolArmy User Name: It's the one I created/used to access the new store when it was set up.

I see that I can change that, however I'm wondering if everyone else encounter this or did you sign in with your existing TA name?
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 wrote:Too much Flash, or webm video. Does it really need to be playing at the top of every page? Maybe it's just a distraction from the fact that there's nothing there.
You can now comment on news posts. Let the trolling begin.
So they just completely deleted everything from the old toolarmy.com?? A little warning would have been nice.
I very much doubt they just deleted it. I don't expect they will ever bring it back though.

In all fairness however, I don't think there's a lot from TA that really needs retaining. Live show reviews would be about all I could think of.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

nxrm wrote:The User Name I used to sign in was not my ToolArmy User Name: It's the one I created/used to access the new store when it was set up.

I see that I can change that, however I'm wondering if everyone else encounter this or did you sign in with your existing TA name?
I sign into the new site with my email addres, not username.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:I sign into the new site with my email addres, not username.
Thanks for confirming!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I have nothing bad to say about the new site. If anything it's good news that something's are changing. I see it as a positive.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

Something to note, the "social" section only has active links for the Twitter and Facebook accounts. There are symbols for both an Instagram and Youtube. Not sure if the latter two have had "official" activity from the band? Looks like a simple facelift but possibly with some built in future proofing for things to come?
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's the Tool Trooper.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

I wonder if the Newsletters are a thing of the past now...
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

Something to note, the "social" section only has active links for the Twitter and Facebook accounts. There are symbols for both an Instagram and Youtube. Not sure if the latter two have had "official" activity from the band? Looks like a simple facelift but possibly with some built in future proofing for things to come?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yes
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

And it took how many years? Yeah still no new album so zero fucks given. Cute how on the front page they are trying to sell tickets to their greatest hits extravaganza.

What a fucking joke
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hey guys, look how many fucks I don't give!
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:Hey guys, look how many fucks I don't give!

k let me edit...I dont give a fuck about the website redesign. it was an opportunity to ridicule a once great band that have regressed into an amateur hour act. I imagine many more opportunities will present themselves as that is basically all Tool is good for these days.

I started off the year trying to be positive about Tool. But here we are almost half way thru it and no new album in sight. Same shit different year.

My fault shoulda known better. No one to blame but myself. I have been spot on when it comes to Tool all these years. Shoulda stuck with my instincts. Hope gets in the way of realism and stiffles logic and reason.
Last edited by THE1TRUEMOG on Tue May 16, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I agree completely that there are a bunch of rookie mistakes in regards to the website.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

@mog Not trying to start an argument but when was the last time you decided to see TOOL LIVE?
You must have better things to do. Your lucky, I envy you in a way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:[
I started off the year trying to be positive about Tool. But here we are almost half way thru it and no new album in sight. Same shit different year.

My fault shoulda known better. No one to blame but myself. I have been spot on when it comes to Tool all these years. Shoulda stuck with my instincts. Hope gets in the way of realism and and stiffles logic and reason.
How many years will it take for you to learn this lesson. Live in the moment. Give away the stone.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

lachrymologist wrote:@mog Not trying to start an argument but when was the last time you decided to see TOOL LIVE?
You must have better things to do. Your lucky, I envy you in a way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No arguments friend no hostility towards fans I have much more chill. Last time I saw Tool live was in 2009. Until they tour behind new material I will never see them again.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:[

My fault shoulda known better. No one to blame but myself. I have been spot on when it comes to Tool all these years. Shoulda stuck with my instincts. Hope gets in the way of realism and and stiffles logic and reason.
How many years will it take for you to learn this lesson. Live in the moment. Give away the stone.
Hellboy I respect you and call you friend but please no quotes from Tool songs. Your too smart for that nonsense.

Im in the moment...and at this particular moment I dont see anything positive from the Tool camp.
greasy
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy »

Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
greasy
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by greasy »

The FAQ is classic. Good laugh.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky