The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by snazzl3frass »

I think they have more songs they've written in the past 13 yrs. Maybe they'll put this album out to fulfill their contractual obligations, then record the rest of the material for a follow up, or a movie album? Probably not. Lazy fucks.
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Triple album, please, lazy bitches.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:02 am Triple album, please, lazy bitches.
Fuck yea tell em Zig! And toss in a Salival part Deux AND a Live DVD while they are at it!
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:41 am That's very ageist of you young Mog. Funny thing is its possibly the young families that will slow them down. That and their poor work ethic of course.
Na not being ageist being realistic given their track record. As you mentioned they all have families now. Justin I could certainly see wanting to make more music being the youngest and not having kids but just don't see it happening with the others. Plus you have to remember Danny is 3 years older than Maynard and Adam at 58. At some point even Hercules is going to start to slow down a bit behind that kit. Can you imagine a 70 year old Danny trying to play Ticks and Leeches or the Grudge? As I said maybe an EP or some unreleased material but I would put my money on this being the last full length.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm
liz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:41 am That's very ageist of you young Mog. Funny thing is its possibly the young families that will slow them down. That and their poor work ethic of course.
Na not being ageist being realistic given their track record. As you mentioned they all have families now. Justin I could certainly see wanting to make more music being the youngest and not having kids but just don't see it happening with the others. Plus you have to remember Danny is 3 years older than Maynard and Adam at 58. At some point even Hercules is going to start to slow down a bit behind that kit. Can you imagine a 70 year old Danny trying to play Ticks and Leeches or the Grudge? As I said maybe an EP or some unreleased material but I would put my money on this being the last full length.
I met Danny at the pub (Hellboy decided to go backstage with his pass rather than come drink with me) the man is a bear (albeit a very friendly one), I reckon that power will hold for a few years yet.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

So Hellboy went backstage and you're the one that met Danny?? :lol:

Danny was casually hanging at a bar pre show was he?
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:20 pm
M0G wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:59 pm
I met Danny at the pub (Hellboy decided to go backstage with his pass rather than come drink with me) the man is a bear (albeit a very friendly one), I reckon that power will hold for a few years yet.
I have no doubt. But again, a full length album..no...it has taken them 13 years to release this fucking album. Your best bet is a Live DVD and some unreleased material (Salival 2 kind of thing)
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

HB went backstage? I wonder if he also has a #metoo story about Maynard?

Anyone remember that? What a joke. You know what else is a joke? 13 years and 6-7 songs to show for it. Double album or GTFO.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

snazzl3frass wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm HB went backstage? I wonder if he also has a #metoo story about Maynard?

Anyone remember that? What a joke. You know what else is a joke? 13 years and 6-7 songs to show for it. Double album or GTFO.
Ha! That Leslie nielsen avatar I had before was a direct result of that Maynard accusation. Majority on here pretty much had him as guilty, couldn't fucking believe what I was reading
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

I believe he's not as innocent as others think. But yeah that story was BS. We all know what's 4 degrees warmer.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:31 pm
snazzl3frass wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:22 pm HB went backstage? I wonder if he also has a #metoo story about Maynard?

Ha! That Leslie nielsen avatar I had before was a direct result of that Maynard accusation. Majority on here pretty much had him as guilty, couldn't fucking believe what I was reading
Hold your horses there mang I don't think most had him guilty, I know personally, given all of the amounts of accusations that have turned out to be entirely true, that I cautioned writing it off before we had more information to go on. Once a week or two had passed and no other information to corroborate the story had come out then at that point it was a dead issue. But I think in this climate, with the sheer volume of actual shit that has gone done, you cannot simply write something like that off immediately. That was my position from day one on the issue.
Last edited by M0G on Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

That thread is still on here. Busty's correct, but I wouldn't say it was the majority. There were definitely some folks on this forum that were on a witch hunt.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

My bad for reopening that issue. But I think we can all agree that these days there are more things to be thankful for than not. FFS, we've been waiting for these fucks to get their shit together for 8 years. I'm glad the ends in sight, but idk if I can forgive tool for doing that to me. Ok, maybe I can. I'm easy.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

snazzl3frass wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:14 pm My bad for reopening that issue. But I think we can all agree that these days there are more things to be thankful for than not. FFS, we've been waiting for these fucks to get their shit together for 8 years. I'm glad the ends in sight, but idk if I can forgive tool for doing that to me. Ok, maybe I can. I'm easy.
Like Sunday Morning??

snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Zactly
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah fair call wasn't the majority , just had a re-read and turns out id already changed my avatar to Leslie but did call out how appropriate it was for that thread. Anyways... get rid of vicarious and add Lateralus . Easy done.. cunts
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Agreed. Vicarious needs to go. In fact, anything that is predominantly megaphone (unless Rosetta Stoned) needs to fucking go. I'd actually be okay with Aenima taking a break as well.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

That backstage kiss pass gives me a chub.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:42 pm So Hellboy went backstage and you're the one that met Danny?? :lol:

Danny was casually hanging at a bar pre show was he?
Liz met Danny (and Justin I believe) after the show at a local bar called the Crown & Anchor. I went backstage, and no band members were to be found. I ended up chatting with Junior for a bit (who was nice enough to come and say hello) and had a beer, but that was about it. Backstage was dead. Probably less than 5 people had some kind of backstage pass as far as I could tell (that weren't band & crew)

In contrast, when I was backstage in Melbourne, it was mayhem - people everywhere, all backstage people were put in a holding room until your guest (be it band member or someone else) came and grabbed you. As I knew no one, it was a bit like school yard cricket where eventually you were the last one standing, and no one wanted you in their team. I though "fuck this, I'm just going to start walking around and if someone kicks me out the so be it". No one kicked me out. I did find Danny, who was literally surrounded by people - no real chance for a chat. I did manage to speak with Justin for about a minute, as he walked past and I kinda bailed him up. He was really happy to chat - I got the impression Danny would have been too. No sign of Maynard, Adam was reportedly around but only saw him really briefly. Alex Grey was there as he had a show in town. I did get to have a decent chat with Danny's girlfriend Rynne, who was lovely and happy to talk. I know the Deftones had a room set aside for them backstage too (they weren't the support act) but never saw any of the members. From memory I had a quick chat with the guys from Jakob too.

At the Big Day Out in Adelaide a few days later I met Rynne again, as well as Justin's wife Shelee, who was also pretty friendly.

Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

tys0n wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 7:13 pm That backstage kiss pass gives me a chub.
Bravo. Your humorous swords entice the el oh l
from inside out of me.

Carry On Emmannuelle
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

M0G wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm
snazzl3frass wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:14 pm My bad for reopening that issue. But I think we can all agree that these days there are more things to be thankful for than not. FFS, we've been waiting for these fucks to get their shit together for 8 years. I'm glad the ends in sight, but idk if I can forgive tool for doing that to me. Ok, maybe I can. I'm easy.
Like Sunday Morning??

By the beard of Cleopatra
There is nothing better in this sprouting galaxy than hearing this on a Sunday morning.

Dodgamn bit the shed
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Specter wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 pm
M0G wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm
Like Sunday Morning??

By the beard of Cleopatra
There is nothing better in this sprouting galaxy than hearing this on a Sunday morning.

Dodgamn bit the shed
Yes sir Lionel Ritchie is a goddamn legend.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

once you get a definite opportunity for doing the interview, maybe you'd want to open a separate thread for contributing questions. some questions could be recycled from here.

i have an additional one: there's been a newsletter (unfortunately I can't find it anymore) from 2009-ish? where Blair mentioned that Danny would write a bassline for one song of the new album. did this turn out to be a thing?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Just one question...why the fuck are they so lazy? From M0G with love
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Was the curveball an actual curveball?