Tool - Nothin But Love

The Main Event
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

The Boss wrote:
PimPle wrote:Cheers guys, I appreciate it... I am in a really good place (most of the time), and I am well aware of the foibles of interweb forums... I have listened to TOOL for a long time (I am almost an old man) and when I needed it most I found it incredibly calming and it provided me with the ability to keep my shit together.... Which I think is remarkable... I am also ploughing through the Coopers reds (sparkling ale) at the moment....
Speak to Hellboi about that. Real Aussies drink real beer.
be careful because if you drink a beer that Hellboy doesn't like, you might get banned.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

The Boss wrote:
PimPle wrote:Cheers guys, I appreciate it... I am in a really good place (most of the time), and I am well aware of the foibles of interweb forums... I have listened to TOOL for a long time (I am almost an old man) and when I needed it most I found it incredibly calming and it provided me with the ability to keep my shit together.... Which I think is remarkable... I am also ploughing through the Coopers reds (sparkling ale) at the moment....
Coopers red is as Aussie as it gets.

Kinda embarrassed for you right now, we even shared a six pack of it and you loved it.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Yeah that's sucks... Sorry I didn't mean kill the vibe... I just wanted to express why Lateralus means so much to me.... inadvertently killing the vibe... as you were... Coopers reds are what separate the men from the boys....
Be good to each other.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Coopers red is as Aussie as it gets.

Kinda embarrassed for you right now, we even shared a six pack of it and you loved it.
did he kiss your six pack gently but firmly?
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

PimPle wrote:. Coopers reds are what separate the men from the boys....
You know it, I always call it my 'stoned drunk' anytime I drink it. No other beer does that to me.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sparkling Ale is good, but it's no Dark Ale
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

A dark ale longneck is great for a steak dinner if you don't plan on staying awake.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

For me a combo of Aenima and Lateralus with a 6 pack (+ some emergency extras) of the Coopers extra strong vintage ale and a dark room is heaven...
Be good to each other.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

PimPle wrote:My number 2 son passed away from cancer last year he was almost 9... Lateralus, particularly Parabol/Parabola are very soothing songs when I get down... "All this pain is an illusion"... That album is awesome...

Didn't mean it as a downer, just one of the many reasons why Lateralus is on in heavy repeat when I drive to and from work etc...
Music is emotion and it can change ours. I guess what makes a band popular is its ability to connect on that level.
I cannot fathom what the loss of a child would feel like but I know that the music that helped get you through, even for a brief time, you will always have a profound connection with.

I am so sorry for your loss.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:Except Ravenpig. That guy is a pain in the ass.
I resemble that remark.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

i love TOOL and raven pig, pain in the donkey...WAY too many aminals gone 'round hea'!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

cant wait to see what 'plane' they take us too
go taff!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Specter wrote:I was at that show as well. Agreed BH- I love that city too!
Good times indeed!
Thanks for posting the video joeypants. Will watch and listen again later!

Thanks, NYHC for posting video!
Hate to go back a few pages, but I missed the responses over the weekend. Had no idea so many other FourthEye people were at that show, but it should be obvious I suppose.

Love New Orleans too, one of the absolute most magical cities to see live music in. There's a vibe there that just can't be replicated anywhere else when it hits just right. And it certainly did that night.

NYHC, you can find the whole show on youtube and I recommend it (see below). You can feel the energy even though that bootleg. There were "night one hiccups" throughout, but that also made it better. After a few years of that stagnant setlist and all that came with it, seeing them open with Third Eye blew the roof off the place, but there were little moments like Maynard being so excited to be slurping wine and taking photos of Adam's feet that he almost misses the beginning of Third Eye. That would have been a stunning show for the uninitiated, but for uber-geeks like me and others, there was a strong sense that this was very special.

Maynard did variations on his "speech" throughout this run, but the one he did this night was incredibly moving to me because the big BP Oil Spill had started to reach its nadir and was just destroying our area. If you don't live here on the Gulf Coast, perhaps it's hard to process just how frightening and maddening that was. So when he said, "tonight... for the next two hours... we're going to stand here and pretend that everything's OK..." man. That really affected the rest of my night in a good way as they unloaded The Patient and Intolerance on us. And if you listen to the crowd during Aenima given all of that... aaaaaah. Such an amazing night.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Bonus points for using "nadir".
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Blu-ray version of that New Orleans show is up on dime if anyone is interested.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:Blu-ray version of that New Orleans show is up on dime if anyone is interested.
the same one thats on youtube but in bluray?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

Yes, basically an upgrade from the previous source.
► Show Spoiler
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

the screens were awesome at this show huh? damn.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:the screens were awesome at this show huh? damn.
Oh yes. This was the first show/tour where they finally made the switch to LED walls instead of rear projection on the stage and it is a massive improvement. I remember before the show thinking, "what's that dark grey screen material?" Then when they fired it up... the AV geek in me was like "LEDs!!!!! Finally!!!!!" Allows the blacks to stay BLACK whether there's lights on them or not.

I'm sure Junior was even more excited when that finally happened. As absolutely AWESOME as the 2006/2007 era shows where (especially the "all white stage" in 2006), it sucked having little to no shadows and darkness on the stage. It's only become better too, the 2012/2014 US Tours were fucking incredible visually, and I can't wait to see what they will whip up for the eventual new album tours.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

How would anyone here honestly feel about another TOOL tour? I get most of you would be disgruntled by the idea, but not all of us have been as blessed as KANADUH to see them live as many times. I've been a fan for a solid 17 years and I have only been to 6 shows. Not by choice but due to circumstances in life.

I would still look forward to another show, even without a new album. I have been to easily 150 shows in my life and TOOL live is still the best thing in music today (my opinion only). Living all the way on the bottom of the earth does not help my chances, but I do hope to catch another show someday soon...

Fresno August 1998
Oakland July 2002
Coachella April 2006
Turin, Italy November 2006
Melbourne, Australia February 2011
Perth BDO, Australia February 2011
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

If they did a "new album promote tour" I wouldn't mind, i.e playing at least one new track. Similar to what APC did in 2003.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It never bothers me greatly when they tour, but enough is enough - time to get the album done.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:It never bothers me greatly when they tour, but enough is enough - time to get the album done.
Do you have any guess on actual progress and a realistic timeline? I know you're a fan like us but you have some sources. Are we looking at another 2 years before an album?
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Fair enough HB. I have the same frustration. But I could never turn down a live show if it comes my way