Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:49 pm
I can't believe it doesn't strike you as pathetic that we get more relevant information about recording status from some random chick's tweet than we do from the band's official fucking newsletter.
It does, but I got over this particular gripe 20 years ago. I guess some of us hold onto our grudges longer than others.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:51 pm
I can't believe it doesn't strike you as pathetic that we get more relevant information about recording status from some random chick's tweet than we do from the band's official fucking newsletter.
I guess some of us hold onto our grudges longer than others.
Indeed. I will always hate "Tool", the band, the product, whatever you want to call it, for the bullshit that has went on for over ten years now. I enjoy their music and want to hear a new album, but part of me will always feel dirty for caving and not sticking to my guns when I said I would never listen to their music again. If any other band had pulled this shit I would have said fuck off and never looked back. I suppose throwing away the Tool merch I had as well as the physical copies of the CD's and signed shit from over the years is enough. I won't buy any merch from them again and I have decided when they inevitably tour around here next year in support of the new album I will not go. The only money they will get from me is the cost of the digital album purchase.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's hard to give up something you once truly loved. I tend to be much more in the moment - when things are going on with Tool I will relish it. When they are doing nothing, then my efforts will focus elsewhere.

Life is too short to dwell on a band that aren't doing anything.

Now that they are, I'm happy to embrace the hype that surrounds it.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

.....all these years as fourth eye has been a great source for discovering new music.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is crazy to think how long many of us have been around here. Even crazier to think how few actual legitimate friendships have developed from those interactions. Interesting case study there to be had.

Yeah, I reckon I could count all the friendships I've made here on.....no hands.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:04 pm It's hard to give up something you once truly loved. I tend to be much more in the moment - when things are going on with Tool I will relish it. When they are doing nothing, then my efforts will focus elsewhere.

Life is too short to dwell on a band that aren't doing anything.

Now that they are, I'm happy to embrace the hype that surrounds it.
I agree with you completely that is a healthy approach and one I take with most things. It is not like I am on social media blasting Tool or filling up YouTube comment sections I have no time for that nonsense. I vent here in this odd little corner of the internet from time to time. To be fair it isn't just Tool. There are a few authors that have pulled similar shit with not finishing up a series or constantly delaying a book, etc etc. When you have been waiting on book 3 for 8 years....you get the point.

Obviously these things have no significant relevance in any larger context. They are minor annoyances. First world problems.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote:
Yeah, I reckon I could count all the friendships I've made here on.....no hands.
I consider Hellboy a friend but overall yeah not many friendships. Yet we are both still here. Does that say something about us or about this place? Food for thought.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:49 pm Does that say something about us or about this place?
We are all losers with nothing better to do?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Certainly says that edgy posts and a constant barrage of musical criticism doesn't win you any friends.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I tried making everyone a salad on here about 8 years ago and didn't win one friend out of it so gave up trying after that.

@Mog you really threw out your merch and signed stuff in disgust?
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:04 pm I tried making everyone a salad on here about 8 years ago and didn't win one friend out of it so gave up trying after that.

@Mog you really threw out your merch and signed stuff in disgust?
Yep in the trash a couple of years ago.

Oh and make? I distinctly remember the offer being to toss... ;)
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:04 pm I tried making everyone a salad on here about 8 years ago and didn't win one friend out of it so gave up trying after that.
Yeah but what type of weirdo puts hard boiled eggs in salad? You didn't notice the looks everyone gave it?

Edit: Oh how did I miss such an obvious Simpsons reference, bake me away toys.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Thank fuck for that mate, for a second there I thought that went past 2 peoples heads .

Mog next time ya have a tool infused break down you should offer them on here first, I would have totally taken some of those goods off ya. You should definitely go see em live still there stage show last I saw 5 years ago was pretty shit hot
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

nice! i guess adam is adding bits and pieces here and there while Maynard is on tour. pretty sure maynard will track his lyrics after xmas. --> may 2019
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

New album confirmed to sound like Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
Canned audience laughter
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Burn it long and burn it slow, light me up before you go
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

We have seen this steel slide guitar a few times on Adams social media. I’m assuming it will be featured on the new album somewhere.
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

Once they're done, how long does it take David Bottrill to fix Evil Joe's abortion?
Actually, new album title, Evil Joe's Abortion.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

That's probably a pretty fair assumption to make I reckon.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

guys

GUYS

We are probably going to be listening to a new Tool album in less than 8 months (I feel six but ya know)

COME ON!~
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I'm sure i will have no qualms with the mix, I enjoyed the 10,000 days mix which seems to be the minority on here.

My assumption comment was more to do with the slide guitar making a cameo. I really need to use that quote button more.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

People complain about 10k Days all the time, but I'm just not audiophile enough to notice.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I agree. 10000 days does sound heavier, and more guitar forward than other albums, but the songs warrant that mix. I enjoy 10000 days, and TBH I probably listen to it more than undertow anymore.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hellboy wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:44 am People complain about 10k Days all the time, but I'm just not audiophile enough to notice.
10K Days sounds fucking gorgeous, and if all those "quality" think pieces about the loudness wars that turned everyone into a fucking armchair mastering engineer hadn't have come out, NO ONE would've singled it out like they did. FIGHT ME. :)
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Eh, i heard it before I even knew what it is. It didn't really effect of my opinion of that album though in anyway.

Also that probably has more to do with Bob Ludwig than Joe Barressi anyways. Joe does good work though. Just look at Wavering Radiant for proof.
Don't mow your lawn