Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

That meme that Maynard posted looks familiar.............

Anyone ready to pull your panties out of your butt crack yet?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

they've also kind of updated their spotify artists profile (although there is still no music). expect something this week
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

New album title: Elevator

1) Ascending Pt 1
2) Descending Pt 1
3) Ascending Pt 2
4) Descending Pt 2
5) Crickets
6) Ascending Pt 3
7) Descending Pt 3
8) Ascending Reprise
9) Descending Reprise
10) Out of Order
Ki77aan :twisted:
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:47 am The twang on that is awesome! Hope that’s used live. American flag guitar, lol, cool! What kind of guitar is that? Got me really excited this morning! #thefastingisover !

Just saw open air schedule, Tool set cut by 10 minutes which I’m not happy about, hour and 20 min. New material would make it well worth it though!
Looks like one of these

http://www.fernandesguitars.com/product ... nomad.html
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Yeah sorry this is all still a bunch of nonsense. This is not how adults communicate information. Let me give you an example of how adult communication works...

Example update one:
- Hey Guys, Adam/Maynard here - We just wanted to confirm we will be debuting a new song from the new album at these upcoming shows.

Example update two
- Hey Guys, Adam/Maynard here - The new album is called (insert here) and will be released on (insert date here)

Example update three
- Hey Guys, Adam/Maynard here - We still don't have an exact release date for the new album because of (insert reason here), but we know it will be sometime between (insert months here)

Adults don't post clips of songs that they have already played live with hashtags @lovethenonhaters and feeling cute might play new material with vague smoke and mirror childish nonsense.

I am out of this thread until they actually announce a release date this kind of foolishness is part of what has pissed me off about Tool so much over the years and there is no point being in this thread until the new album release date is revealed. I don't want to be accused of "stirring the pot" and I don't want to diminish any excitement that people who are attending the shows may be feeling.

Enjoy yourselves. See you in the other threads until we actually get a confirmed release date.
Last edited by M0G on Wed May 01, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most intelligent person on this forum
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

New album title: Elevator

1) Ascending Pt 1
2) Descending Pt 1
3) Ascending Pt 2
4) Descending Pt 2
5) Crickets
6) Ascending Pt 3
7) Descending Pt 3
8) Ascending Reprise
9) Descending Reprise
10) Out of Order

^^ This is great!

Bonus hidden track:
11) Shafted
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

M0G wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:54 pm Yeah sorry this is all still a bunch of nonsense. This is not how adults communicate information. Let me give you an example of how adult communication works...

Example update one:
- Hey Guys, Adam/Maynard here - We just wanted to confirm we will be debuting a new song from the new album at these upcoming shows.

Example update two
- Hey Guys, Adam/Maynard here - The new album is called (insert here) and will be released on (insert date here)

Example update three
- Hey Guys, Adam/Maynard here - We still don't have an exact release date for the new album because of (insert reason here), but we know it will be sometime between (insert months here)

Adults don't post clips of songs that they have already played live with hashtags @lovethenonhaters and feeling cute might play new material with vague smoke and mirror childish nonsense.

I am out of this thread until they actually announce a release date this kind of foolishness is part of what has pissed me off about Tool so much over the years and there is no point being in this thread until the new album release date is revealed. I don't want to be accused of "stirring the pot" and I don't want to diminish any excitement that people who are attending the shows may be feeling.

Enjoy yourselves. See you in the other threads until we actually get a confirmed release date.

Bye.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Yea because no other band, film studio, game developer or other form of media doesn't generate buzz by not saying anything, or saying very little. I actually like their style of wait and see. I like the speculation, and everything that comes with it. I guess that's why we all get our own opinions.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Sure as shit hope they drop a digital release of a new song if / when they debut a new song coz no way in hell any of us will be able to resist checking out a dodgy bootleg version.
Listen to All Them Witches
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:37 pm Sure as shit hope they drop a digital release of a new song if / when they debut a new song coz no way in hell any of us will be able to resist checking out a dodgy bootleg version.
I'm going to attempt to go off the grid from sunday to the following monday no matter what happens, I dont want to know the setlist at all. Working in IT for a media company is going to make it very difficult for me but im going to give it a shot haha.

If they release something before Sunday i will def watch/listen to it tho.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

MobileVortex wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:30 pm Yea because no other band, film studio, game developer or other form of media doesn't generate buzz by not saying anything, or saying very little. I actually like their style of wait and see. I like the speculation, and everything that comes with it. I guess that's why we all get our own opinions.
I find it a bit tedious because I think there are too many stages of hype. Hype should begin when the release date is announced. Instead its the hype before the hype before the release date is announced hype just get on with the fucker!! I do get it, it just how business works nowadays. Gotta milk the cow.

Well chuffed to hear that riff though, sounds wicked.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

lukas wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:52 am they've also kind of updated their spotify artists profile (although there is still no music). expect something this week
They have a Spotify profile? :?

And good luck with that Vortex. I'm sure you'll be able to avoid the setlist but no way ya won't find out one way or another if a new single drops
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

So that whole cryptic thing people were trying to decipher last month, didn't people say it spelled out released may 3 or may 5?

May 3 being a Friday and may 5 being this Sunday??? Hellboy anyword if we should be at all hopeful of a surprise release drop tomorrow?? #dreaming
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

The 2 things I was able to decipher were:

"Released May fifth"
or
"May third on CD"
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:54 pm Example update three
....???? This is exactly what MJK did? Released sometime between mid-May and mid-July. Is that not adult enough for your standards? Also you wont read this cause .... well... you whined again and left?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:32 pm
M0G wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:54 pm Example update three
....???? This is exactly what MJK did? Released sometime between mid-May and mid-July. Is that not adult enough for your standards? Also you wont read this cause .... well... you whined again and left?
That was months ago it has been radio silence since and we have absolutely no idea if that time table still holds true. If you want me to stay out of this thread than don't bother replying. The #whileyouwerewhiningwewereworking bullshit is pathetic. All of us have been working. While the band has been largely doing a lot of nothing for a very long time. So Maynard can fuck off with that noise.

Now I am trying to be respectful here but if you and Billy want to keep swinging then I will swing right back.

Bottom line drop it and enjoy whatever excitement you may feel. When we get an actual release date I will jump back into the conversation. The cryptic act wore itself out a long time ago. The half ass updates and social media memes are played out. Make an actual fucking announcement and get on with it.
Last edited by M0G on Wed May 01, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

greasy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:29 pm The 2 things I was able to decipher were:

"Released May fifth"
or
"May third on CD"
Makes little sense, unless they do mean streaming on the 5th. That would be sweet, but a surprise CD release in two days without a leak? I don't know...unless it's online order only.

The new parts of Descending are tits. Love how the dude plays from the heart.
Last edited by limeygringo on Wed May 01, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

M0G wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:49 pm
Now I am trying to be respectful here but if you and Billy want to keep swinging then I will swing right back.

What's up then? You going to cry?

Maybe we should create a "Cry Thread" just for you since you can't have the sense to post your (non)sense in the appropriate thread, which we already have a Grudge thread for your crying and complaining.

Your last post was all about how Tool aren't being adult enough for you. If you reread your post outside looking in, how old do you think you are sounding in your posts?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

limeygringo wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:52 pm
greasy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:29 pm The 2 things I was able to decipher were:

"Released May fifth"
or
"May third on CD"
Makes little sense, unless they do mean steaming on the 5th. That would be sweet, but a surprise CD release in two days without a leak? I don't know...unless it's online order only.

The new parts of Descending are tits. Love how the dude plays from the heart.
Be a clever way of avoiding a leak. Buy online a physical copy and get instant access to digital audio. Then they start shipping the releases?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Billy and Z - I apologize fellas been a bad day bring on the new tunes
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

M0G wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:30 pm @Billy and Z - I apologize fellas been a bad day bring on the new tunes
Turncoat! Stick to ya guns
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:37 pm
M0G wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:30 pm @Billy and Z - I apologize fellas been a bad day bring on the new tunes
Turncoat! Stick to ya guns
Na I am just being grumpy. Agreed with you on Adam was impressed with that little riff. We got a talk box on 10k maybe we will actually get Adam shredding on a tune? That would be a shocker
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I actually love the sound of those riffs on that twang guitar and thought maybe we would hear it on the new album and live, but he’s probably just using it for practice huh?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

HOW THE FUCK COULD YOU BE NEGATIVE AT A TIME LIKE THIS

FUCK OFF YEWL NEW TOOL AROUND THE CORNER

GET HYPED
Canned audience laughter