Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by limeygringo »

Bill Hilly wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:56 pm
tys0n wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:45 pm and a key chain.
:D

Seriously though, what the hell. Release the back catalog and new album digitally and pre-order physical copies. I don't understand the tactics if it is simply a packaging delay. Like I said earlier, sounds to me like there is still a delay with streaming services as well. It wouldn't surprise me if there is more to this than just packaging.
I can imagine the packaging being a doozy. I mean look at everything from Ænima to 10k Days, it was one-upped each time. This one probably comes with a damn Ouiji hologram of Dio and Zappa arm-wrestling or something.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I dont doubt it. I expect the packaging for this record to be amazing. Maybe this September rumor IS for the physical release and we still might see an early digital release. Maybe they are waiting for the packaging to be completed before pre-orders start. At least that's what I'm hoping for at this point.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Fuck the packaging man I am getting sick of this album mastered in February and releases in fucking September? As ridiculous as that is it would at least be bearable if they were releasing the new songs earlier digitally or as Bill said, releasing the entire album digitally earlier but that never happens. The only possible positive we have is when they do provide a release date typically when you preorder an album songs are typically available early. Granted there won’t be a single but considering Descending and Invincible have been played and are all over the place one would hope at least those two songs would be available for digital download if you preorder.

Fucking September. For packaging. Unbelievable
The most intelligent person on this forum
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Have they done any PR prior to the festival or before these new shows? With 2 new songs out on the interwebs, hasn’t anyone (media) just asked them when it will be released? I know their usual Schtick by misdirecting those type of questions but would be hard to dismiss it at this point.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I'm still confused, when did Toolarchive blurb about September?
Ahhh, Infotainment!
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

As much as I’ve always loved the packaging the music is what it’s all about. Really hoping for a earlier digital release
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

No way the album gets released before the packaging is ready

0% chance.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:42 pm No way the album gets released before the packaging is ready

0% chance.
I don't think anyone is really disagreeing with you. Doesn't mean we don't wish otherwise.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

BlackHole83 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:32 pm Have they done any PR prior to the festival or before these new shows? With 2 new songs out on the interwebs, hasn’t anyone (media) just asked them when it will be released? I know their usual Schtick by misdirecting those type of questions but would be hard to dismiss it at this point.
This is a great question. Not sure why news outlets aren’t just asking them when the album is releasing. Or if it is September why the long delay. So far the info has come from sources which are very good. If they say September...it’s gonna be September. It is fucking ridiculous. All the hype from last night man once Hellboy confirmed what ToolArchive said all I am feeling right now is annoyance. This shit is getting old it is the smoke and mirror act and it isn’t fun anymore. Not after 13 years. Not after being a fan since 1991. It is played out.

I am so sincerely thankful to those people that recorded the songs last night. THANK YOU
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I've reached out to their PR team for some comments on the new songs etc. and will let you guys know if I hear anything. Typically there are a few rumblings around the place when Tool hit the album pre-release media circus, and I haven't heard anything to suggest this has happened yet. Assuming September is now a thing, I suspect they will do some media when they hit EU in June/July, and then other places (mostly US) following that.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Thirteen years in...a few more months is nothing.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

As pathetic as it is , I can at least somewhat understand from an artistic point of view if Adam and whoever else involved can't complete art until the album is finished. I mean personally I would assume that after 13 years even without Maynards lyrics he would have at least some idea of what the artwork will be. But if he says he needs the finished result before doing the art, then fair enough. It sucks but I can live with it.

If it is however to do more with a streaming matter then that's beyond fucked. There's no excuse other than legal matters that I could excuse. 13 years man.. There's been time. Anyways have still avoided invincible. Had a second listen to descending. Sounds like she'll be one hell of a studio listen. Gives me Lateralus era mixed with 10K days feels. Love it.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm As pathetic as it is , I can at least somewhat understand from an artistic point of view if Adam and whoever else involved can't complete art until the album is finished. I mean personally I would assume that after 13 years even without Maynards lyrics he would have at least some idea of what the artwork will be. But if he says he needs the finished result before doing the art, then fair enough. It sucks but I can live with it.
Yeah, I'm not saying I don't understand or empathise with the bands desire to do this. I absolutely believe that Adam won't want to release until the whole package is ready. Just expressing my opinion that I personally can do without having all the things, all at once, especially if it means we have to wait months more.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

nxrm wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:12 pm Thirteen years in...a few more months is nothing.
A few more months is relative NX. It is a third of a year. 4 months. Go read the tribute comment thread on one of the better Descending vids on YouTube where people have told stories of friends and families members that loved Tool that they have lost that will never get the chance to hear these new songs. And with my own recent health issues my perspective on time has changed. I get Tool can’t be beholden to the life circumstances of every person out there but it is a shame that they couldn’t have pushed a little harder to get this thing out in a reasonable amount of time.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 pm As pathetic as it is , I can at least somewhat understand from an artistic point of view if Adam and whoever else involved can't complete art until the album is finished. I mean personally I would assume that after 13 years even without Maynards lyrics he would have at least some idea of what the artwork will be. But if he says he needs the finished result before doing the art, then fair enough. It sucks but I can live with it.
Yeah, I'm not saying I don't understand or empathise with the bands desire to do this. I absolutely believe that Adam won't want to release until the whole package is ready. Just expressing my opinion that I personally can do without having all the things, all at once, especially if it means we have to wait months more.
maybe we'll get another update from MJK. mid may - mid july was his suggested timeframe. we haven't even reached mid may yet.

as for the packaging....yes, this is definitely the process that takes so much time. I've released a vinyl LP with my band, the factory took 6 weeks for a superduper small run (150 copies). If they have some extra special design and packaging coming up that may even require manual work to get fulfilled, production will take 3-4 months for sure.

a vinyl or CD master has to be sent to the respective factories nevertheless. given the hype about the album, we might see an earlier leak than usual....but keep in mind that the production of the vinyl / CD is usually the process that is least time consuming and comes at the very end of the process.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

in addition, it's not like those big factories are staying still and be waiting for tool to commence production. pretty sure tool had to wait until their order gets processed
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Fuck the packaging I get it Adam wants some glow in the dark 11th dimension shit fine but why not make multiple editions? A standard edition that releases in a reasonable time frame and then some goofy ass shit for people that still collect plastic. I guarantee with absolute certainty if you polled every Tool fan on the planet if they would rather a digital release with minimal artwork that came out in early July or the cold fusion CD packaging in September the digital release would win by a landslide.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Over twenty minutes of new music is a large amount to release live. Almost to the point I think we'll hear more bits and pieces live before the album is out. It also points to a large amount of new music.
also, Avatar!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Or one hell of a musical/ visual concept album with a few pressing videos.
also, Avatar!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Adam just doesn’t get it the majority of us have moved to completely digital. I literally got rid of every cd and vinyl I owned YEARS ago. I don’t even have a CD player outside of computers and my Xbox. Hell I got rid of every book I owned. Gave all of it to charity. Everything I have is digital. Delaying this until September for some fancy plastic packaging is crazy to me. It is what it is that is the last I will say on the matter but it just baffles me.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:51 am Adam just doesn’t get it the majority of us have moved to completely digital. I literally got rid of every cd and vinyl I owned YEARS ago. I don’t even have a CD player outside of computers and my Xbox. Hell I got rid of every book I owned. Gave all of it to charity. Everything I have is digital. Delaying this until September for some fancy plastic packaging is crazy to me. It is what it is that is the last I will say on the matter but it just baffles me.
Two things mate.

One: just because you have completely digital doesn't mean the rest of the world has and even then is to miss the point. It is still their art they are sharing and can present it to us however the hell they want.

Two: you're kidding yourself if you think thats the last you are going to say on the manner
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:51 am Adam just doesn’t get it the majority of us have moved to completely digital. I literally got rid of every cd and vinyl I owned YEARS ago. I don’t even have a CD player outside of computers and my Xbox. Hell I got rid of every book I owned. Gave all of it to charity. Everything I have is digital. Delaying this until September for some fancy plastic packaging is crazy to me. It is what it is that is the last I will say on the matter but it just baffles me.
I don't think Adam is so naive to "not get it". He (and presumably the rest of the band) elect not to release digital only for reasons we can only assume are related to fans appreciating the "full package"
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What's up with this 'rats tail' thing Justin has going on?

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:54 am
Two things mate.

One: just because you have completely digital doesn't mean the rest of the world has and even then is to miss the point. It is still their art they are sharing and can present it to us however the hell they want.

Two: you're kidding yourself if you think thats the last you are going to say on the manner
Never said the rest..I said majority...as for the rest I don’t see it that way. They aren’t sharing anything. They are selling a product. When they start giving it away for free we can talk about it.

Man I gotta work on this insomnia shit thank god you Aussies are around to shoot the shit with
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:08 am What's up with this 'rats tail' thing Justin has going on?

Traditional English ratty. Developed into the aussie mullet so don't take the piss alright?