Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G »

@Hellboy - You misinterpreted I wouldn’t listen and not buy I am aware boycott implies complete abstention.

@Kittan - Yes I am fully aware and it isn’t about power it is about principle. Either I chose to support a thing I do not respect or I bend my principles. Will vs Dopamine. Enjoyment being a pleasure center response mostly controlled by dopamine and serotonin to a smaller degree. Dopamine probably wins out in the end. I imagine sometime in May I will be listening to the new album, enjoying it, and being furious with myself for doing so.
The most intelligent person on this forum
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

Well, at least you get SOME news, unlike Van Halen, which releases NO news. I swear, I like the bands that seem to want to fuck with people and be anti-social.

I really can't wait until Tool releases this new album. Looking forward to it.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

The fact that we all get so riled up about what Tool does just shows us what the power of music is capable of, or art in general. Like someone said earlier, Tool are just a group of guys that happen to create amazing music together and have done so on a level that can only be compared to bands like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

Their music has touched all of our lives so much that we have decided to call one of their albums "The Holy Gift." Admit it everyone, Tool is the only glimmer of hope that has kept us all moving forward in this seemingly futureless world. That's a heavy load for four guys to be carrying. Not a single one of us would handle it any better. To have the entire world waiting impatiently for you to blow them all away yet again and enlighten them with your spiritual wisdom; that's a lot of pressure that none of us can possibly imagine without having gone through the journey they have gone through. It's not like they planned all of this. They were just living there lives like anybody else and something lead them down this path and they just happened to become one of the greatest bands of all time.

None of them could have foreseen any of this. That's not to say they didn't earn everything they have achieved but I guarantee they are just as bewildered by the events that have transpired and how they have been able to create what they have. It must truly be a mystery to them and that's probably why they act so mysterious. They don't know how to explain it so they choose not to and they just do what they have always done from the start and stay true to the process that has gotten them to where they are. For us to expect them to do something different from what they have always done is ludicrous.

I want more music from them as much as anyone, but like they have told us: "it's done when it's good." If we are indeed about to receive another gift from wherever it is Tool receives theirs, then it will bring us exactly what we need to hear. I don't know if it's just me but this Tool album seems to be aligning with events in my life that have brought me to my knees. Maybe the members of Tool are going through a bit more than just fulfilling a record contract and needed to undergo a transformation in their personal lives as well as deal with the collective universal shifts that have been taking place in order for it to come to fruition.

So give them a fucking break and let them stay shrouded amongst the shadows if that's where they are comfortable. We don't know what they have gone through to bring us another "product" for us to "consume" so forgive them if they come off as "unprofessional, lazy, assholes."
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

children wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:57 pm Admit it everyone, Tool is the only glimmer of hope that has kept us all moving forward in this seemingly futureless world.
lol fuck no, but with comments like that it's understandable why Maynard has a bodyguard and they basically pat us down at the enterance of every live show.

Cheese and rice, get some therapy
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:29 am
children wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:57 pm Admit it everyone, Tool is the only glimmer of hope that has kept us all moving forward in this seemingly futureless world.
lol fuck no, but with comments like that it's understandable why Maynard has a bodyguard and they basically pat us down at the enterance of every live show.

Cheese and rice, get some therapy
He actually said that? I couldn’t be bothered with that wall of text

I suppose I can appreciate his positivity but damn that is some next level shit right there.

Since you are investing in BP meds you should probably get in on the Pysch meds while you are it :lol:
The most intelligent person on this forum
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Is it not art that makes life worth living in the first place?Is it wrong to say that my anticipation for new art gives me something to look forward to? Tool isn't the "only" glimmer of hope obviously, but they have been one of the most important bands of our lifetimes that are still around.

All I care about is the music. We all hang around this site for a reason. We all can't wait to hear what Tool has come up with. Even Mog and Tyson are excited. They're here aren't they?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

children wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:04 am Is it not art that makes life worth living in the first place?
Nah that's pussy, soaking wet pussy, the main reason artists do the things they do.
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

You wanna reason to live?

There. Eat it up.

I need a cigarette...and I'm all out.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Are women not art? Nature is beautiful too! There is plenty to live for. So let's be positive guys!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

children wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 am Are women not art?
Well sometimes you can actually understand art.
Canned audience laughter
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

tys0n wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 am
children wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 am Are women not art?
Well sometimes you can actually understand art.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Tool might not be the sole reason for me living, but they are definitely one of the reasons. I agree a lot with what you said children. Tool make art that is meant to challenge and inspire us, and many people use their music to help grow. That's a heavy burden to bare.

There's a stigma among Tool fans that is kind of unfortunate. So many fans become obsessed and make incredible claims, that it's now impossible to say "Tool has inspired me and enriched my life" without other Tool fans ganging up to accuse you of being obsessive and unreasonable. It's perfectly reasonable to find solace and inspiration in art, even if it comes from these four goof balls. People find solace in Brittney Spears for fucks sake, and they aren't wrong for doing so.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

I don't know what I'm more eagerly awaiting, an announcement regarding the Mueller report or the new Tool album.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

New release date guess incoming!
Last edited by nxrm on Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

I don't understand all the comments complaingin about not getting updates. We got plenty updates over the last year from Adam & MJK and have a pretty clearly defined timeline of the recording process. Why does it matter if it's from their personal social media accounts or the band website? It's the same info.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Moridin wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:03 pm I don't understand all the comments complaingin about not getting updates. We got plenty updates over the last year from Adam & MJK and have a pretty clearly defined timeline of the recording process. Why does it matter if it's from their personal social media accounts or the band website? It's the same info.
It matters mostly because of the way Maynard is framing it.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Moridin wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:03 pm I don't understand all the comments complaingin about not getting updates. We got plenty updates over the last year from Adam & MJK and have a pretty clearly defined timeline of the recording process. Why does it matter if it's from their personal social media accounts or the band website? It's the same info.
I don't get it either. Maynard is the only one who is straight about things. Is the new album out in April? No! And what better place to hear it from than the horses mouth? If we only had updates from Blair people would complain that we never hear from the band members. They will announce a release date when they have one. Its been like this all along I'm guessing people are just getting annoyed because it's so close and they can't contain themselves. I don't want Tool to turn into metallica where they have some spokesperson constantly tweeting to keep them in the news cos they are such a big machine and need the spin to keep it all going. That's not Tool and it's one of the reasons I like them.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool is a machine, a very small one called Adam Jones.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

tys0n wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:48 am Tool is a machine, a very small one called Adam Jones.
True, he comes across as a bit of a control freak. He probably reads this forum with glee while wanking himself off and eating expensive German biscuits.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool_User wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 am
I don't get it either. Maynard is the only one who is straight about things. Is the new album out in April? No!
It's a ok answer, if you completely ignore context.
I don't want Tool to turn into metallica where they have some spokesperson constantly tweeting to keep them in the news cos they are such a big machine and need the spin to keep it all going. That's not Tool and it's one of the reasons I like them.
None of us want that either. Asking for a decent album update once every 13 years isn't asking too much though.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

hellboy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:51 am
Tool_User wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 am
I don't get it either. Maynard is the only one who is straight about things. Is the new album out in April? No!
It's a ok answer, if you completely ignore context.
I don't want Tool to turn into metallica where they have some spokesperson constantly tweeting to keep them in the news cos they are such a big machine and need the spin to keep it all going. That's not Tool and it's one of the reasons I like them.
None of us want that either. Asking for a decent album update once every 13 years isn't asking too much though.
What update do you want exactly? We know the instruments are either done or nearly done so that just leaves mixing and mastering so what else is there to say other than the release date? Maybe they haven't decided yet?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Everything they do is under a microscope and gets picked apart so I don't really blame them for mostly keeping quiet tbh. At the end of the day the album will be out soon and everyone will be able to sit back and enjoy and all the bitching about how mean they were for not keeping you in the loop will seem as daft as it is.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Boy oh boy
also, Avatar!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

A real update. With real expectations.
Ettan