Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Video game news

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:I'll reserve judgement until i've finished the story, but I would say this might be the easiest Halo campaign i've played? Maybe I'm just that much better after all this Destiny raiding i've done. I've only played a few matches of Warzone and maybe 10 Arena matches, so I'll report back on that after this weekend.
Entirely possible. As much as I despise Destiny all the raiding definitely has made me a better overall gamer. I still get my ass handed to me in Halo multiplayer, particularly when playing against high ranked players. When I play with guys around my rank I can usually hold my own. Bottom line, Halo multiplayer is just not something most people can jump into and start to dominate. Too many guys and gals been playing the multiplayer for years and I personally will never catch up. That said, the guys in the company I am in are all very good at Halo multiplayer and have played it for years, so playing with them and playing against higher ranked competition has definitely helped me improve. Halo multiplayer is just such a team encounter and I have always had a tendency to do my own thing on the multiplayer side and that shit just doesn't work in Halo unless you are extremely freakin good.

In Destiny I played mostly PVE but I still played a significant amount of crucible. My K/D was a little over 1.0 and that is fine with me. I wasn't great, but I could always hold my own. If I wasn't such a hard head and actually played Crucible with clanmates I would have been in the 2.0 range easily. It was also about rhythm as well. When I got in rhythm I would run thru matches and be at the top of the list. But the second I lost that feel it was gone. Completely gone. I was either on or off. No middle ground. It was probably because I would get too intense. That is why I am completely laid back in Halo multiplayer. I know I will never be great at it, so just making small improvements and helping out my team in any way I can is enough for me. Bottom line it is less about competition and more about just having fun which is a weird perspective for me but one that has served me well in Halo and allowed me to really enjoy every match regardless of the outcome.

In terms of the campaign I played by myself on heroic. I will get to legendary at some point. I think difficulty wise it is pretty much on par with past games.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I still havent touched the rest of the H5 campaign, I'm waiting for a good chunk of time where i can hopefully finish in one sitting. I did however get ranked in Team Arena, and SWAT. Diamond I and Platinum I, I see a lot of losses in my future, as I dont think i deserve to be in those ranks haha.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I'm on now moggy!! Where u at lol
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:I still havent touched the rest of the H5 campaign, I'm waiting for a good chunk of time where i can hopefully finish in one sitting. I did however get ranked in Team Arena, and SWAT. Diamond I and Platinum I, I see a lot of losses in my future, as I dont think i deserve to be in those ranks haha.
Right on dude. I rarely play Arena. I play a shit ton of Warzone. Arena is great but I am addicted to Warzone. I just love all the different options you have to win and the addition of NPC/PVE Bosses. Arena is much faster paced where as Warzone is is played however you want for the most part. I tend to be more methodical and think my way around the match and analyze areas of control. Sometimes I will play more aggressive, sometimes I will defend, sometimes I will focus on the PVE Bosses. All depends on what the other team is doing. I like that variety and it suits me more. Kind of a Raid mentality in a way. As much as I fucking hate Destiny the raiding has absolutely made me a smarter gamer.

Arena also is where the long time vets really shine. Warzone levels the playing field a bit because it changes the landscape and makes you have to adapt to a broader range of objectives and elements. Arena is all about speed and twitch response. The shields really get me as well. Halo is so much about timing. So many times in Arena I will shoot another guy in the head first but unless it is SWAT it doesn't matter. The really great Halo Arena players know exactly how to utilize their shields and small side steps while shooting from the hip. Another thing I run into is the tendency to want to do my own thing whereas the good teams are just running as a unit...it is usually the second guy in line that gets the kill.

Some people are just incredibly good. The guy that started the spartan company I am in is as good as I have seen. 44 spartan kills in a Warzone match, also mid 20s to 30+ in Arena no matter what the game type or scenario. Can't remember what his K/D is but it is something ridiculous I keep telling him he should go play in a Halo tournament.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

I'm going to go home and try to do this in a custom game... crazy shit.

Throwing a grenade to toss the sniper to yourself.

UPDATE: This 100% works, not the easiest thing to pull off mid-match, but it defiantly works haha.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]

I'm going to go home and try to do this in a custom game... crazy shit.

Throwing a grenade to toss the sniper to yourself.

UPDATE: This 100% works, not the easiest thing to pull off mid-match, but it defiantly works haha.
lol that is great! What do you think about the BTB maps so far?
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I've only played one match so far. I think it was CTF? I didn't do very well.

I'm not that happy with Vehicles in Halo 5, they feel very clunky compared to previous games, or Destiny.

I'm hoping they bring doubles back this weekend :)
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:I've only played one match so far. I think it was CTF? I didn't do very well.

I'm not that happy with Vehicles in Halo 5, they feel very clunky compared to previous games, or Destiny.

I'm hoping they bring doubles back this weekend :)
Man ya just had to bring up Destiny! ugh

Na it's all good I have had a blast with Halo 5. Slowly starting to not get my ass completely handed to me in Arena. Maybe by Halo 6 I can actually maintain a K/D above 1.0 lol

Have you played Battlefront yet? I have it on both the PS4 and the XBox One. The fact that it is only running at 720p on the XBox One is kind of a joke. Overall it is okay but the shooting doesn't feel anywhere near as smooth as Halo or, I hate to say it, even Destiny. It isn't a bad game and Star Wars fans will love it for the nostalgia but as a pure shooter, not really much there.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Yea i picked up Battlefront. I'm enjoying it, but It's hard to keep playing it after an hour or so. It looks, and sounds great, but as you said its as basic as it can get. Great game to pop in when you have a little bit of time to kill. I've pretty much stopped playing Destiny for now. I want to beat the new Raid on hard mode, but I dont want to grind the gear to be able to participate lol.

I've been trying to improve my SWAT game. I'm staying strong in the Diamond rank, trying to push for Onyx.

Had a pretty good spree yesterday i had to record it :P

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip ... 493bcb67e5
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Shit is about to get real:

http://othersidetease.com/sss.php
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

The Division Beta Gameplay - Hell fucking yes

[youtube][/youtube]
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

ziggy23 wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Guilty pleasure for sure. Definitely looking forward to this one.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:The Division Beta Gameplay - Hell fucking yes

[youtube][/youtube]
I've been fortunate enough to be able to test this game throughout 2015. It's been awesome to watch this game grow, and evolve. I haven't been anticipating a release this much in a long time.

Open Beta on all platforms Feb 19-21 (18-21 for xbone). I'm going to rush the gold weapons in the safe house of the DZ, then start harassing people at extraction points :)
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

nxrm wrote:
ziggy23 wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Guilty pleasure for sure. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Still freakin' 2 months left to wait.

<waits patiently>
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

The mother fucking Division is amazing. The Dark Zone is ridiculously fun

Uncharted 4, Doom, Battleborn and Overwatch all out within the next two months. Oh how I love video games
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

I just got access to dark souls III. I've never played one before... I'm not sure what i've gotten myself into.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Personally, I think the Dark Souls franchise is one of the more overrated games series of late.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

It's just stupid hard, terrible controls and UI, i really dont get it...

After playing it for an hour or 2 and not being able to beat the tutorial boss, my spirit is broken, and all other games piss me off. Ohh well first time in 27 weeks it's above 75F here, time to enjoy the weekend.