Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Video game news

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So yesterday Halo: Infinity and Doom: Eternal were announced. Which I guess means we're seeing the start of a new naming trend...
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

So Elder Scrolls VI hasn't even entered production yet...
Don't mow your lawn
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:I knew you would post that.
He did get you there. To be fair I actually am a little more interested than I was before in Fallout 76. You can play it entirely solo so I might give it a crack. Not entirely sure when I will have the time though. Destiny 2 Foresaken is out in September. Red Dead 2 in October, Anthem in February, Division 2 in March I believe. Then you have Halo Infinite on the horizon probably late 2019, Borderlands 3, Last of Us 2...not sure where I can even fit in Fallout 76.

I also agree with Uke why even tease ES 6 and Starfield when they are both obviously a long way off? I feel like unless you actually have some legitimate pre alpha gameplay to show don't bother even mentioning it.

Oh and why in the hell did Bethesda have Andrew WK do the Rage 2 song? That was cringe worthy shit.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:To be fair I actually am a little more interested than I was before in Fallout 76. You can play it entirely solo so I might give it a crack
Problem I see is that the gameplay shows pretty much a straight shooter. The survival elements looks pretty understated, and personally that's the element I'm interested in most. As far as just shooting people online - there's already a ton of options, probably with better gunplay. Not to say I'll skip the game entirely, but just looks a bit run of the mill.

I thought Halo: Infinity looked pretty good though, at least from a fidelity point of view. All depends on whether RDR2 is good enough to get me over the line and buy new console.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

There have been plenty of deals recently for the xbone s for sub $200
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote:There have been plenty of deals recently for the xbone s for sub $200
Yeah, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for deals, but haven't bitten the bullet yet. Need to do some research on what next-gen consoles might have in store (and when they are likely to be released).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

2020 at the earliest for new consoles.
Don't mow your lawn
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Didn't know we had some nerds around these here parts. Good to know!

I like this E3 so far. Death Stranding looks wicked, as do The Last of Us 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Sable is a game that came out of nowhere and has me pretty damn hyped. Someone commented that it looks like a Moebius comic brought to life, and I agree. Can't wait.

Also, yall don't know, but I love Kingdom Hearts as much as I love Tool. The fact that KH3 is coming out soon is super surreal. It might even come out around the same time as the next Tool album. Not sure if I can survive all the excitement.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I haven't seen much so far this year that really stands out personally, but I'm not really much of a fan of big AAA titles that seem to get the limelight at this time of the year (not to say that none of them look interesting, but the whole Destiny style MMO FPS thing is a bit of a dud genre for me). I look forward to hearing about the more obscure releases in the following days.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
tys0n wrote:There have been plenty of deals recently for the xbone s for sub $200
Yeah, I've been keeping my eyes peeled for deals, but haven't bitten the bullet yet. Need to do some research on what next-gen consoles might have in store (and when they are likely to be released).
I have both an Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro and as much I love the One X, go with a PS4 Pro or wait for PS5. I spend the vast majority of my gaming time on the Xbox, but for someone looking to get into consoles I would recommend a PS4 Pro. Sony just has better exclusives. Until Microsoft starts developing strong new IPs I won't recommend Xbox over PS4.

I definitely wouldn't pick us an Xbox One S unless you are basically just looking for backwards compatibility. I suppose game pass is a decent value but I buy all my games so I don't really care about it. The S is a minor upgrade over the OG Xbox One but it still struggles with a lot of newer titles.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

gamebounty wrote:Didn't know we had some nerds around these here parts. Good to know!

I like this E3 so far. Death Stranding looks wicked, as do The Last of Us 2 and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Sable is a game that came out of nowhere and has me pretty damn hyped. Someone commented that it looks like a Moebius comic brought to life, and I agree. Can't wait.

Also, yall don't know, but I love Kingdom Hearts as much as I love Tool. The fact that KH3 is coming out soon is super surreal. It might even come out around the same time as the next Tool album. Not sure if I can survive all the excitement.
Gotta agree E3 has been good this year. A lot of really good looking games coming in the fall and in 2019 plus some interesting things on the horizon. Still blows my mind how far gaming has come. I remember playing the freaking Atari man. Amazing stuff going on right now
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote:I have both an Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro and as much I love the One X, go with a PS4 Pro or wait for PS5. I spend the vast majority of my gaming time on the Xbox, but for someone looking to get into consoles I would recommend a PS4 Pro. Sony just has better exclusives. Until Microsoft starts developing strong new IPs I won't recommend Xbox over PS4.
I hear you, though I struggle to think of exclusives on either side that sway me tbh. If I get one, the decision will be almost certainly about the console price, rather than the library of games. I'd get one to scratch a specific itch, not because I want to really build a console gaming library. I don't have a 4K TV, VR or any of that stuff, so the benefits of the Pro and X are largely moot at this point of time. I'm not looking at console gaming more than 12 months into the future.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I thought this one looked pretty interesting:

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:25 am
M0G wrote:I have both an Xbox One X and a PS4 Pro and as much I love the One X, go with a PS4 Pro or wait for PS5. I spend the vast majority of my gaming time on the Xbox, but for someone looking to get into consoles I would recommend a PS4 Pro. Sony just has better exclusives. Until Microsoft starts developing strong new IPs I won't recommend Xbox over PS4.
I hear you, though I struggle to think of exclusives on either side that sway me tbh. If I get one, the decision will be almost certainly about the console price, rather than the library of games. I'd get one to scratch a specific itch, not because I want to really build a console gaming library. I don't have a 4K TV, VR or any of that stuff, so the benefits of the Pro and X are largely moot at this point of time. I'm not looking at console gaming more than 12 months into the future.
Gotcha. Then now is a good time since both Sony and Microsoft are having big E3 sales. You can pick up a ps4 pro for 349.99 at the moment. I still would not buy a One S. Just not powerful enough. Forget 4k or VR (which the One S doesn't do anyway), it can barely play some older titles in this current generation. Unless you are gonna buy a One X, stay away from Microsoft. Honestly I wouldn't touch the PS4 Slim either. It isn't just 4k or VR. Everything just plays better on the One X and PS4 Pro. You don't get framerate issues or have to compromise on performance in areas like you would on an Xbox One S or PS4 Slim.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Reading about Cyberpunk 2077 is one massive cocktease, I doubt it will be out before 2020 and will probably be on the next gen consoles ((which I don't mind, just give me a good trade in deal and I'm happy to upgrade)people spend way more on mobile fucking phones)
Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

tys0n wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:26 am Reading about Cyberpunk 2077 is one massive cocktease, I doubt it will be out before 2020 and will probably be on the next gen consoles ((which I don't mind, just give me a good trade in deal and I'm happy to upgrade)people spend way more on mobile fucking phones)
Although we were treated to roughly an hour of finely polished and beautiful gameplay, the developer didn't share a release date or give any hint of when we might see it. That likely points to 2019 or later. Don't worry, it's for this generation, and is currently slated to hit Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC
https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/20 ... f-gameplay
Don't mow your lawn
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

"currently"
Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

"Historians" who are upset about the lack of accuracy in Battlefield games are pretty laughable.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

A woman in WWII - completely implausible.

One man singlehandedly killing hundreds of soldiers across most major battles of the war - completely acceptable.
Don't mow your lawn
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 pm "Historians" who are upset about the lack of accuracy in Battlefield games are pretty laughable.
Or video games in general
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:27 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:57 pm "Historians" who are upset about the lack of accuracy in Battlefield games are pretty laughable.
Or video games in general
I generally agree, though some games do strive for realism, Battlefield not being one of them.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

This looks pretty coo: