The Last of Us (PS3, 6.14.13)

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Curious to check this out as I've heard such good things. Will probably wait for a price drop though.

Red Dead Redemption is the only single player game I've felt compelled to play through all over again. Well, that and the Arkham games.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Has anyone else picked this game up yet? I purchased it yesterday and have only gotten in about 2 hours so far
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

JbHiFi is selling it for $89 and ezydvd.com.au for $51. Thank you ezydvd.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

doors said

Jesus fucking Christ - NINETY DOLLARS for a fucking game?!

I think I've discovered why piracy exists . . .
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said

doors said

Jesus fucking Christ - NINETY DOLLARS for a fucking game?!

I think I've discovered why piracy exists . . .

Games have been selling for $90 for the last 5+ years.  Shitty price, but nothing new at all.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I haven't noticed such prices on Steam. Even "SKYRIM", adjusted for currency differences, was no more than about AU$60 on the very day it came out.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I know, it's fucking ridiculous! No game warrants such a price tag. The major retailers are just asking for loss of revenue and the excuses they make like markup or overhead costs are BS.
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

Can we just take a minute and discuss how fantastically written this story is? I've put a good 12 hours in so far, and this is up there with Red Dead Redemption and Portal 2 in terms of story. 

As for the discussion on how short or long the game is, it seems to have a lot of replayability. I know the inclusion of the new game plus mode encourages it, and supposedly the multiplayer is almost as good as the single player game itself. I'm not much of a MP guy myself, but I'll have to give it a shot once I finish the campaign.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said
I haven't noticed such prices on Steam. Even "SKYRIM", adjusted for currency differences, was no more than about AU$60 on the very day it came out.

Note that the $90 applies to console games only.  Also to games purchased in Australia - imports don't count (though they are what wise men and women should be buying).  So basically console games purchased from EB Games, Harvey Norman, etc.

Of course, no one but the stupid buys games from places that charge $90, so there's really no need to be arguing about this.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

InFlamesOfBirchmen said
Can we just take a minute and discuss how fantastically written this story is? I've put a good 12 hours in so far, and this is up there with Red Dead Redemption and Portal 2 in terms of story. 

As for the discussion on how short or long the game is, it seems to have a lot of replayability. I know the inclusion of the new game plus mode encourages it, and supposedly the multiplayer is almost as good as the single player game itself. I'm not much of a MP guy myself, but I'll have to give it a shot once I finish the campaign.

Preach on dude.  This game is fucking REMARKABLE.  Naughty Dog kills it every single time.  I could wax poetic for days about this game.  This is what a next gen game SHOULD be like.  I can only imagine what Naughty Dog has in store for the PS4.  They are keeping the same engine they are using in The Last of Us for their PS4 games which is a good thing imo.

snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

I've gotten about half hour into it in the past couple weeks.

Got-damned clickers.
SteveBobSteve