Tool January 2013 Newsletter released

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Blair has crafted his January 2013 newsletter, and rather than esoteric ramblings, he lets us know about flaming dicks! And also some Tool stuff.

For those who don't feel like reading it (you should, it's relatively short) he basically tells us there was a minor songwriting setback due to a Vespa injury, there should be several interviews with band members appearing in the press in the coming days (not sure if these include the recent DC and MJK interviews), as well as three other things we should get news on before the new album is released. One I expect is some kind of tour (perhaps South American), the other is something out of left field Blair expects we won't be able to guess, and the final one I'm presuming is The Pot (or something else?) video Adam has been working on.

Also mentioned was that M.T.void should see a release very soon, and that it would be available for purchase via the Toolband store, as well as the usual record selling outlets. Here's hoping there's vinyl.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I think Blair might've been telling the truth.  Cheese hasn't been seen since this newsletter went up.

Don't mow your lawn
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

So who on this site has gonorrea?  Or is the burning dick he's referring to one of the people that constantly complain about Tool on Fourtheye?...
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Hellboy got a mention on a newsletter...shit man, my dick would be hard.

Wonder what these upcoming events/releases are going to be??
Outsider
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Outsider »

it's not the first time HB got a mention from blair. but it is the first for ILC.

here is ILC's latest youtube vid.

kramer
Bronco's Fan

Post by kramer »

The Blair comment was nothing personal. It was just a joke. Blair, if you're reading this, I'm sorry man it was just for fun.
Here's to feeling good all the time
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That whole "dick on fire" thing is in reference, for those who weren't in on the joke.

cheeseballs said

Intension said
Something i think that was missed with the interview. All interviews before i think anyways, Danny mentioned four or five frameworks in progress. Now in this interview, he says six or seven good frameworks. So, thats a good positive. Also, in a recent newsletter Blair talked about Danny talking about a song possibly on the dry erase board and saying, "that ones done." We will see it when we see though i suppose.

Blair could tell me my dick was on fire and I wouldn't believe him.

Don't mow your lawn
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Great newsletter. The fourtheye mention was hilarious, so glad I didn't bother givin that guy shit, and having Blair handle it for me! Looking forward to all this interesting Tool related stuff to pop up!
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

There must be a pretty conclusive release date on Somethn if he's giving us such specifics on the later part of the first week in February, I believe was what he said! Pretty cool.
thirdeye42012
Bronco's Fan

Post by thirdeye42012 »

sooo...Blaire reads fourtheye??
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

May the hexagonal spiral computer god of saturn calculate and manifest that Number "5" Tool album prior to the reset to Green.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

thirdeye42012 said

Not sure how much he reads Fourtheye.  I've spoken to him via email several times where I got the impression he's read part of the sites, but I don't think he's reads everything - possible just what he's directed to.

Also, Blair has a pretty good sense of humour from what I'm told, so I doubt he takes to many of the various jibes around the place too seriously.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

That was a great newsletter.  I love how Kramer's video is making the rounds.  At least they have a sense of humor and can appreciate the emotional state of their fans at this point.  Jr. was "quite proud" to have had a mention.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

thirdeye42012 said

Not sure how much he reads Fourtheye.  I've spoken to him via email several times where I got the impression he's read part of the sites, but I don't think he's reads everything - possible just what he's directed to.

Also, Blair has a pretty good sense of humour from what I'm told, so I doubt he takes to many of the various jibes around the place too seriously.

and that one was no exception...

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

That was a better newsletter, mostly to the point except for that paragraph on a hoodie.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

phox_ said
That was a better newsletter, mostly to the point except for that paragraph on a hoodie.

That was clearly in reference to "Merch" recently wrecking on a scooter worse than (presumably) Danny did.  
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Also... Finally found where Kramer originally posted his Hitler vid...

http://www.fourtheye.net/f/department-o ... od/page-2/

jeez, it's like finding a needle in a haystack here...

Kittaan said 

kramer said 
Thanks all. Yes I wrote the dialogue. Youtube has a link to 'make your own hitler' videos, so it was easy. I just feel like I've been led on all year since my revived interest in the band (took several years off- long story).

If anyone else has an angle to share I'd love to see your version. It's super easy. I made this after night shift one day. I saw the Puscifer announcement and some of the rage comics and got inspired.

Amazing job.  I'm sure the members of Tool would even find that amusing.  Blair, since I know you lurk on Fourtheye, go ahead and give Kramer his props man.

I don't necessarily share the opinions expressed by the way, but funny is funny.

Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

whats with the dick on fire thing then? i dont get it.... and nice mention for Hellboy. i remember blair mentiiong fourtheye on the tool site awhile ago.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

^your question has been answered on at least two threads, including the one you are on right now.
Hey! Denty!
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

This is right. I think the newsletter answers all of our questions.

Shame it doesn't talk about the new Tool album though.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

No respect I tell ya

No respect
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.