Maynard interviewed on Chilean Radio

Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

At first, I didn't believe Maynard when he said he's done nothing- I figured he was just fucking around and being a dick. I just couldn't believe he's done nothing. I've had a change in heart though- I'm sure he's done nothing and it will be another year until this comes out. Hell, probably longer. For any hip hop fans out there, this album may be like Dr. Dre's follow-up to the Chronic 2000 people have been waiting for for years.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Saturn...drags you down like a stone, or lifts you up again light & innocent.

Tool needs to jump to another branch on the tree of life.
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Women are dreamkillers...
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

"Personally I think The Fragile is a laughable piece of teen angst-y shit.
“Industrial” music for Smashing Pumpkins fans."

HAHA, i dont mind the fragile but i didnt buy Reznors doom and gloom on it so much. with the downward spiral i still feel he meant what he said. he wasnt being whiny or fake..but i agree and have said in the last few years nine inch nails is a kids band. their good when your a teenager. but once i got older i just cant listen to that stuff anymore. even the old stuff thats good, i just cant do it... so its good for young people but i think it doesnt hold up as well when you get older.

maynards got a pickle up his ass. i think people try to justify that. good point about keeping the magic their and being all esoteric. i have def thought of that and they like to keep tool secretive..but at the same time i think its a tad far reaching and not true when they keep the same attitude and be stupid about it year after year. the 'magic' wears off with that b.s..... more so maynard..danny seems happy to not be so stupid about it.... and adam doesnt talk and no one really interviews justin anyway..so were screwed! (and u cant listen to blair..like i even had to say that but i did! haha)
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Think there's a bit of merit in the AJ comment
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Gah :

toolphishdhs
February 5, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I have a new “theory” and that is that Adam is out of ideas when it comes to music. Dude cant write 8-10 songs in 6 +years? i think he said everything he wanted to say and is struggling finding a way to end Tool with a record good enough to be called a Tool record.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

"They are all working, not just maynard. It’s taking a while, that’s fine. "- Snazzlefrass

Work?!? They should count themselves blessed they don't have a 9-6 job everyday..now that is WORK. To them work constitutes of overseas holidays, proposing at WWF events, getting hurt doing teenage activities like riding on scooters, etc etc. In no way is that work - more like a HOLIDAY. No wonder they haven't got shit done in almost a decade. Lethargic and neglectful. Maynard got more output in the last few years than TOOL's whole catalog.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Maybe that little tidbit in the latest newsletter outlining major news in f=the first weeks of February is that the album won't be out this year. That would be Blair's biggest dogact.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

bob said

HAHA, i dont mind the fragile but i didnt buy Reznors doom and gloom on it so much. with the downward spiral i still feel he meant what he said. he wasnt being whiny or fake..but i agree and have said in the last few years nine inch nails is a kids band. their good when your a teenager. but once i got older i just cant listen to that stuff anymore. even the old stuff thats good, i just cant do it... so its good for young people but i think it doesnt hold up as well when you get older.

I could not care less if either one of you all likes The Fragile, but to call it "fake" is is wrong.  The Fragile was written while going through addiction problems and the death of his Grandmother (who raised him).  

I LOVE The Downward Spiral but it has WAY more "fake" in it than The Fragile.

Hey! Denty!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

"toolphishdhs
February 5, 2013 at 5:56 pm

I have a new “theory” and that is that Adam is out of ideas when it comes to music. Dude cant write 8-10 songs in 6 +years? i think he said everything he wanted to say and is struggling finding a way to end Tool with a record good enough to be called a Tool record."

Agreed, he is running out of ideas and this may have started during the Lateralus tour. He turned a tour jam into a song(s) for the next album (Wings for Marie/1000Days). Yep, he is running out of ideas...too busy with *cough* Yoko Ono*cough, I meant Korin or whatever her name is.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

doors said
Maybe that little tidbit in the latest newsletter outlining major news in f=the first weeks of February is that the album won't be out this year. That would be Blair's biggest dogact.

Reasonably sure the February news will most likely be a tour announcement.  Certainly no chance that it was Maynard's "news".
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It would be hilarious if it was a tour of Chile.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said

bob said

I could not care less if either one of you all likes The Fragile, but to call it "fake" is is wrong.  The Fragile was written while going through addiction problems and the death of his Grandmother (who raised him).  

I LOVE The Downward Spiral but it has WAY more "fake" in it than The Fragile.

Fucking so much this.

I know music journalism is fucking pissweak, guys, but do your research. Ugh.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The Fragile is arguably NIN's greatest work.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

The interviewer asked Maynard to say hi to all the fans in Chile who will be seeing him at Lollapalooza. He got butthurt and acted like there was a bad connection. Right after that he got questioned about Tool so of course he's gonna give bullshit answers. But even if there isn't a new album this year, it could be worse. They could pull a MBV and make us wait 22 years....
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It wasn't just that, he was trying to get him to do one of those radio promo things you always hear. And you KNOW he doesn't want to do one of those. Haha. Fuck, I wouldn't either.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

@Crow: nice to see someone else who knows this stuff.

Anyway, Blair just added a one sentence post about New Zealand and Waitang Day, so I'm guessing they're getting some shows, which means there's a decent shot for Australia as well.
Hey! Denty!
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Yea New Zealand shows would be epic! Noooot going to make it though.

void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Has Mog posted on this thread yet? This is perfect for one of his rants. Where are ya buddy? lol
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

void said
Has Mog posted on this thread yet? This is perfect for one of his rants. Where are ya buddy? lol

One more rant for you bro. Fuck Tool.  Sorry that's all the rage I have left.

I am passing the torch to you and snaz.  My disgruntled brothers from another mother.

Just wanted to post the new Intronaut song.  Maybe yap with Kittaan and Edin about the new Steven Wilson album when it comes out later this month.  Sad part is, there just really isn't many good music forums around any longer.  This is about as good as it gets at the moment.  Don't believe me?  Go check out the Toolband Reddit.  *cringes*
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Hasn't there been some injury within the band that halts production for any album they've put out?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It was a minor injury that should've been healed by now according to the last newsletter.  Any guesses who it might've been?

My guess is Danny.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said 
My guess is Danny.

It was definitely Danny.  Mikeywheels "confirmed" it when he posted about it on Facebook.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah, I didn't really figure it was Adam or Justin.  It sounded like something Danny would've done and the way Blair phrased it pretty much cinched it for me.
Don't mow your lawn
ThatGuy
Bronco's Fan

Post by ThatGuy »

I'm excited for yall down under who might get to see Tool. But fuckin a, i hope a tour is used to clock in some major writing/composing time. 2014 feels like a very long time from now. I get the the whole secrecy things because it really does works and keeps us interested in Tool. But this is taking a little too long with not much given on the progress of the album. Hopefully more interviews with Danny will pop up soon.