Adam & Justin speak with Fasterlouder

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Adam and Justin recently had a chat with Australian site Fasterlouder and answered some questions about a range of topics, including this:

Back when you started working on Lateralus Maynard was still busy with A Perfect Circle so you guys started working on the music without him and I was wondering whether you’ve ever been tempted to become an instrumental band?
AJ: People have different styles of working. It’s like painting: some people can do a painting in five minutes and other people take six months to do something and it’s just different styles of the individual people in this band and it works really well. We jam and make riffs and at some point he comes in and does what he does and we’re all really happy with that.

JT: And the answer is “no”.

It's an excellent interview and I strongly recommend you all take a look. No new albums news, just in case you were expecting it!

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ha, awesome.  Wish there were more interviews with J.C.

I guess these are the interviews that Blair talked about in the January newsletter.

Hey! Denty!
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

Surprised they are even considering playing a new song. That would be really neat, because that is what they did long ago pre- Aenima.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Good ol' Just Chancell.
Don't mow your lawn
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

DRURY said
Surprised they are even considering playing a new song. That would be really neat, because that is what they did long ago pre- Aenima.

Part of their "negotiations" must include the question of whether or not vocals will be added to any arrangements by the time of the tour. That is, unless they are thinking about an instrumental track.

It's also plausible that they might add some new riffs to a segue or two.

I would hate to hear a live track on youtube before I heard it on the album. But that's my choice I guess - whether or not to check out a youtube video. Tool gets to do their own thing.
ThatGuy
Bronco's Fan

Post by ThatGuy »

Your fans have a reputation for being very serious about your music and very serious in general, whereas you guys have a sense of humour that comes across in the songs and the hoaxes on your website … Why do you think that is?
JT: I’m sure the very serious fans are the only ones you hear from. They’re the ones that are on the internet, right? The very serious ones. I’m sure the other ones don’t really bother with a lot of that in-depth study of what’s going on with our band. I think it’s probably not the case that they’re all like that. There have got to be a lot of fans with a sense of humour. I’ve met a lot of people that have. The very serious, what would you call – the nerdy, geeky ones – I would probably think they’re a minority to be honest.

I guess we are those fans. Very serious.