More Tool interview snippets

budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

personally  beiber isnt something i would pay to see..let alone interview.......  nancy all you do is give negative responses....
go taff!
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Still not a lot, but they do seem willing to talk a little more about their work so far. What Danny said about an epic 20 min trilogy like DRT is very interesting, and rad. All this info at once is also very exciting, a cool way to do it.

budtkr
Maynard Believer

Post by budtkr »

To all you 'waiting impatiently' and jumping off the TOOL machine (last 6 months) for the new album..you have no idea what is involved in writing an album of Tool's calibre.I'M MELBOURNE,AUS where they will probobly play new shit for the first time... FUCK YES, I AM SO HAPPY I COULD cry....seriously love this band!
to all that dont say danny is king of the band.....fuck u all and suck maynards dick!
fuck i cant wait!!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

budtkr said
To all you 'waiting impatiently' and jumping off the TOOL machine (last 6 months) for the new album..you have no idea what is involved in writing an album of Tool's calibre.I'M MELBOURNE,AUS where they will probobly play new shit for the first time... FUCK YES, I AM SO HAPPY I COULD cry....seriously love this band!
to all that dont say danny is king of the band.....fuck u all and suck maynards dick!
fuck i cant wait!!

YEAH!!!

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Probably noones asking about the video cos noone gives a fuck?
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

hellboy1975 said
Adam will be on Triple J this afternoon so I hear.  No doubt telling them what fuckheads they are.

Also why the fuck isn't anyone asking about the new video?

I was also wondering that. When I heard Adam was interviewed I thought "Fuckin eh, I wonder where he is with the video he's been working on?"

And then nothing. I guess everyone's preoccupied with their touring plans.

SteveBobSteve
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

budtkr said
fuck i cant wait!!

^This is what I'm talking about. *sigh*

SteveBobSteve
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Paid or unpaid that is rude indeed.Arrogant wankers.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

toolphishdhs said 
Lateralus>DRT is 35 min and is the best thing they have ever done, IMO.
Hey, that's cheating. Those are two separate tracks. They just happen to flow perfectly together, creating an illusion of unity.

DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

@tooluser
Arrogant wankers? Id you really believed that, you wouldn't be on this website, unless you're just trollin'.....and based on your comments, that is all you are.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

6 or 7 songs, and one of them being a big 20 minute trilogy. That sounds an awful lot like a description for Lateralus
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

snazzlefrass said

hellboy1975 said
Adam will be on Triple J this afternoon so I hear.  No doubt telling them what fuckheads they are.

Also why the fuck isn't anyone asking about the new video?

I was also wondering that. When I heard Adam was interviewed I thought "Fuckin eh, I wonder where he is with the video he's been working on?"

And then nothing. I guess everyone's preoccupied with their touring plans.

Well, I'll answer my own question.  The reason it most likely that most of those doing the interviews aren't really Tool fans, and are probably running off a question sheet compiled following about 5 minutes reading their wikipedia page.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

ToolUser said
Probably noones asking about the video cos noone gives a fuck?

doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I still don't understand what the "big announcement" was besides Tool touring OZ/NZ  for the 3-4th time since 10,000 Days? Was it that they might play a new song (as if!)? I'm sure they did a media run to let everybody know they're still alive. Disappointing but expected from a band like Tool. Thanks for the anti-climatic moment Blair.
lamps462
Maynard Believer

Post by lamps462 »

doors said
I still don't understand what the "big announcement" was besides Tool touring OZ/NZ  for the 3-4th time since 10,000 Days? Was it that they might play a new song (as if!)? I'm sure they did a media run to let everybody know they're still alive. Disappointing but expected from a band like Tool. Thanks for the anti-climatic moment Blair.

While I don't know how big these future announcements are, there is still more news to come pretty soon.

From the newsletter:

"Also, check back from time to time for another newsworthy tidbit sometime in March (Don’t even try to guess, because this one’s really coming from left field!). And, after this, there should be at least one more item of interest to Tool enthusiasts before further speculation is discussed involving the band’s next album (let alone any actual time-tables for recording, etc.)."

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

doors said

As pointed out above, the tour was the first of several announcement coming in the next few months.  The next one (theoretically in March) is the mystery project, and the last on I expect the video that Adam has been working on.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy1975 said

doors said

As pointed out above, the tour was the first of several announcement coming in the next few months.  The next one (theoretically in March) is the mystery project, and the last on I expect the video that Adam has been working on.

Here's how I figure it

1:  TooL is "touring" (which is really just the ump-teenth 'leg' of the same tour) because going to the SH this time of year is good for achy skeletons.

2:  Why the fuck not do it?  They're gonna take essentially a vacation, play half-a-dozen shows, have a fucking blast, and each come home with a huge chunk of cash in the pocket.  NO-brainer right there.

3:  They could put out a live DVD later this year, a video after that, then boom, new album, tour BAM! just like that all is forgotten.  It could happen....you watch...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I wonder if "this one's coming from left field" means that it is something Blair hasn't seen anyone here (or that other Tool fansite) guess?

Which means its not: Pot video, live dvd, further tour announcements, a Salival 2 type thing etc. Etc. If it isn't any of the above, then?
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'm going to guess dicks.  Lots and lots of dicks.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Official TooL shoe-umbrellas? 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Ravenpig said
I wonder if "this one's coming from left field" means that it is something Blair hasn't seen anyone here (or that other Tool fansite) guess?

Which means its not: Pot video, live dvd, further tour announcements, a Salival 2 type thing etc. Etc. If it isn't any of the above, then?

Hopefully something from WAY out in the left field that will settle us down a bit until the new album hits (an EP or maybe a Tool movie (based on the videos) or some other project). But I suspect that expectations like that might be little much at this point... Still can't help but hope.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Movie rumor has been around for a while and an EP would fall under a Salival 2 type thing.

I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My guess is that each member will be releasing their own custom pillow, and to complete the set there will be a purple four seated Tool sofa to go with them.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Sweet sign me up
Hey! Denty!