Yet another Danny interview

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

crow011 said

And like I said before, if it sucks (like "Wings . . ."), then that's a huge chunk of the album gone to waste.

Hey, look, a seagull!

I totally agree.  When I mentioned that on TA for the first time years ago, I got bitchslapped by the majority.  It was an unpopular opinion... yeah, I get that it's a highly personal topic for Maynard, etc, but the music just doesn't move me like the rest of the tracks, and I do feel like 10,000 Days would have been better with a few more interesting tracks in place of the Wings/10K combo.

In fact, while it was slightly more interesting live, that was an even bigger waste of time due to the limited set time.  Still, I'm glad I got to check it out a couple of times.  I KNOW they'll never play those tunes again live.  

Look, a baby wolf!!
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I thought Wings/10k Days was a pretty good track personally.  Has some excellent musicianship.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

hahaha mog called me a girl. belittling me like it would make me less intelligent if i was a female, which i'm not by the way. classy, mog, very classy.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Nah it's because you're acting like a bitch
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

The main issue that seems to divide most Tool fans with 10,000 Days is Wings. Some think it's 'boring', some think it's one of their best songs and even one of the greatest pieces of music ever written.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

children said
The main issue that seems to divide most Tool fans with 10,000 Days is Wings. Some think it's 'boring', some think it's one of their best songs and even one of the greatest pieces of music ever written.

No, I just don't like "10,000 GAYS" because it's not very good, especially compared to their other albums.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Tyson said

What a bitchy thing to say...how ironic
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

children said

Tyson said

What a bitchy thing to say...how ironic

I don't think you know what irony is.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Time for you guys/girls to take you're bickering elsewhere.  Further OT posts will be deleted.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

We hope to be in the studio by june and justin is really rockin out on this one could be classed as a n update on album progress and turned out to be a load of shite hence me asking why do you believe it again.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ToolUser said
We hope to be in the studio by june and justin is really rockin out on this one could be classed as a n update on album progress and turned out to be a load of shite hence me asking why do you believe it again.

Do you really believe that we believe it?  I'll believe the album is ready for release whenever they official give us a release date, and not before.

Don't confuse speculation with belief.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Well your previous post implies you do.Lap it up.Hope you get your hands on some of those overpiced tickets btw.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ToolUser said
Well your previous post implies you do.

If you say so.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Good to have all the gang back together, doing what we do best!

"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Taking the childish cryptic blair route? makes you look like a knob tbh you dont pull it off too well.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ToolUser said
Taking the childish cryptic blair route? makes you look like a knob tbh you dont pull it off too well.

I really have no idea what you're talking about?  Are you high?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Are you high? Can you give a straight answer? 
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ToolUser said
Are you high? Can you give a straight answer? 

What question haven't I answered yet?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I asked why people are getting excited over the same old shit an you said because its news of album progress and i said thats same old shit so why get excited an you went all cryptic.So yeah,why get excited over same old shit?
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

hellboy, i think he's talking about when you said: "if you say so." but i could be wrong. idk what the fuck he's talking about TBH; he makes no sense
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

HB getting props: the prp 
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ToolUser said

Holy shit.

Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come.

FourthEye has officially found a member who is more of a fucking asshole than I am.

Jesus, dude, try to clearly formulate an opinion and a question before hitting "submit reply". Also, you'll find that using correct grammar, syntax, and punctuation will get you a lot of respect, even if you are a vitriolic fuckstain.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ToolUser said
I asked why people are getting excited over the same old shit an you said because its news of album progress and i said thats same old shit so why get excited an you went all cryptic.So yeah,why get excited over same old shit?

Maybe because it's new "shit"? The Justin tidbit hasn't been mentioned before, nor has specific information about track lengths. Are you legally retarded?

I'll be the first to roll my eyes and slap my hands together and cry, "Look at all the fan bois getting excited over nothing!"

But I didn't with this interview, because there was new information. And, in this cynical fuck's opinion, it's worth mustering up a little enthusiasm.

I genuinely cannot believe that someone has had to spell this out for you.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Crow's pretty much explained my point.  I don't think I need to add any further Tooluser.  If you can't stand seeing excitement amongst Tool fans then this really isn't the site for you.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

How sweet of crow to answer for you,just out of curiosity crow why are you so excited considering justins influence was heavy on 10000 days yet that album is a pile of shit?

np hellboy i only asked for a straight answer,if you need someone else to speak for you then fair enough.