Maynard locks and loads with his new rifle

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

My sarcasm detector is broken.

Ugh, time for bed.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

i don't know..i dont have a gun....i do not yet have a passport...i'm not american..i work hard..i have a family.....i do not have a criminal record...i've been harassed by cops..i see what the governments are doing to our rights.......tyranny/terrorism/whatever the fuck you want to call it...we are losing our rights...be it guns or environment....it's time to wake up

did i mention i have a 'bugout' bag...

laugh all you want

@crow    'take a flying fuck!, eh'

go taff!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli said
i don't know..i dont have a gun....i do not yet have a passport...i'm not american..i work hard..i have a family.....i do not have a criminal record...i've been harassed by cops..i see what the governments are doing to our rights.......tyranny/terrorism/whatever the fuck you want to call it...we are losing our rights...be it guns or environment....it's time to wake up

did i mention i have a 'bugout' bag...

laugh all you want

Huh?

Let me ask you something: In which country do you live?

It's important for me to know so that I can intelligently estimate just how fucking wrong you are when you talk about your "rights" disappearing.

budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

british columbia , canada

go taff!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli said

And you're complaining about "losing rights" and "tyranny"?

I'm sorry, I will be unable to continue this conversation.

basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

crow011 said

budsyralli said

Crow, obviously you haven't traveled much and have no room to bitch about others not having passports and traveling, if you didn't pick up on the, 'eh' part of that post!
Professor of Lesbian Science
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Eh?
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

budsyralli said

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Meh.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

basejumper said

budsyralli said

not sure about a flying fuck (Canadian or not) but here's a flying shit if anyone is interested...

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

petemasterpete said

"Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away; they’re privileges.  That’s all we have in this country: a bill of privileges.  And if you read the news, even badly, you know that the list gets shorter and shorter". - George Carlin

seriously though, little by little, liberties are stripped, slowly... and as complacence sets in, and people stop taking notice, the more the 'laws for dumb people' become the accepted norm... and this goes way beyond just the current gun issues... kinda sad really that people ARE that stupid to not realize or care.

yep you and George have it correct.

Privileges differ from Rights in that, Privileges are granted and revoked by the government. Rights do not derive from government but limit the exercise of governmental power.

So the real question is... Is everyone fully competent to understand and ready to give up their Rights, for the semblance of security, in exchange for privileges granted by the 'corporate de-facto government' which can take those privileges away at any time?

Hello? Does anyone even understand just what they are doing when they give the 'corporate de-facto government' the power to regulate their lives?

BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

We all must save ourselves, from ourselves.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

basejumper said

petemasterpete said

"Rights aren’t rights if someone can take them away; they’re privileges.  That’s all we have in this country: a bill of privileges.  And if you read the news, even badly, you know that the list gets shorter and shorter". - George Carlin

seriously though, little by little, liberties are stripped, slowly... and as complacence sets in, and people stop taking notice, the more the 'laws for dumb people' become the accepted norm... and this goes way beyond just the current gun issues... kinda sad really that people ARE that stupid to not realize or care.

yep you and George have it correct.

Privileges differ from Rights in that, Privileges are granted and revoked by the government. Rights do not derive from government but limit the exercise of governmental power.

So the real question is... Is everyone fully competent to understand and ready to give up their Rights, for the semblance of security, in exchange for privileges granted by the 'corporate de-facto government' which can take those privileges away at any time?

Hello? Does anyone even understand just what they are doing when they give the 'corporate de-facto government' the power to regulate their lives?

Where does slavery fit into this.  Humans have a right to be free.  It's not a privilege is it?  If a government enslaves a person against their will, it's still not a privilege to be free, it's a right yet when factions, governments, etc. . . enslave humans, it's treated as a privilege not a right.  Ain't nobody got time for that!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

cheeseballs said

Where does slavery fit into this.  Humans have a right to be free.  It's not a privilege is it?  If a government enslaves a person against their will, it's still not a privilege to be free, it's a right yet when factions, governments, etc. . . enslave humans, it's treated as a privilege not a right.  Ain't nobody got time for that!

Slavery has been abolished for a long time but voluntary servitude has not. When you volunteer to give away your rights, freedom IS a privilege. When you have relegated yourself to being Property then you have no Rights.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml

Anything outside of that is a privilege.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said
http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml

Anything outside of that is a privilege.

Agreed
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I think the point that Basejumper was making was that by allowing the government to change or eliminate one of the rights a country has established it essentially invalidates the power of all of those rights.  If we allow one right to be eliminated because we don't believe it to be "relevant" anymore than what stops them from deciding that the right to free speech isn't relevant anymore?  
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineEier said
I think the point that Basejumper was making was that by allowing the government to change or eliminate one of the rights a country has established it essentially invalidates the power of all of those rights.  If we allow one right to be eliminated because we don't believe it to be "relevant" anymore than what stops them from deciding that the right to free speech isn't relevant anymore?  

Couldn't have been much of a "right" to begin with.