Danny speaks in Rhythm Magazine

gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

crow011 said

unclejackson said
Assuming they are at least halfway finished, its likely the second half will fall into place more quickly than the first half (part intuitive assumption, and partly based on band statements). It's possible they could wrap up the writing process sometime this summer and potentially release the album 6-7 months later - which could mean a late 2013 or early 2014 release.

While I am moderately interested in The Pot video, BMB and the band seem to be suggesting at least two projects (other than the album) are in the works. It's certainly very plausible that a Salival II, or something along those lines could be in the cards. We know it's not the live DVD. I keep thinking it must be something more than just The Pot video - I don't remember Blair ever drumming up speculation regarding a Tool video in the way he seems to be talking up whatever secret project (non-album) has been in development over the past year and a half (at least).

It's a co-autobiography of all members in one book. Touching on almost absolutely nothing to do with TOOL, but more to do with personal interests and philosophies.

I'm calling it.

Come on, this is the most plausible thing you've ever heard with regard to the band in the past five years.

I'm down.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
sockozz
Maynard Believer

Post by sockozz »

I have pdf version for those interested.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yo7xlb
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Either be a South American tour. Or the web site will be redone, which I don't give two shits about and wish they wouldn't waist their time, new website- same old news, what's the difference.
ThatGuy
Bronco's Fan

Post by ThatGuy »

If Tool released something like Salival II this year then I would be o so satisfied. That way they could continue to take their time and release the album in one to two years. It would be solid by then, no doubt. I just want something. anything. by Tool. in 2013. 
JKG
Maynard Believer

Post by JKG »

Yup. Laziest. Band. Ever. Take years to release a music video for a song we don't really give a shit about. They'll get all us fans hyped up for some "project" they're all working on. We thing big things like a DVD box set, auto biography, theatre release. Then we all find out its a crappy music video of the pot and maybe a new tshirt. Riding the 10,000 days train is getting old.
Jethro Tool
Maynard Believer

Post by Jethro Tool »

Given up hope. dont think it will happen. MJK indifferent.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

UndKeineEier said
It's just slightly behind the jet pants in terms of plausibility.

10 pts for the awesome avatar. 'Merica.

SteveBobSteve
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

It doesn't add up.

Why - back in March 2012 - would he have come out and say they were close to recording and then almost a year later say they're just over halfway? What have they been doing in the last 10 months?

And why after three years of writing do they only have the framework for six or seven songs? Do journalists never think to ask those questions? They've never taken anywhere near this long before. In fact, few bands EVER take this long.

I think at this stage we're looking at a late 2014 release date.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

JKG said
Yup. Laziest. Band. Ever. Take years to release a music video for a song we don't really give a shit about. They'll get all us fans hyped up for some "project" they're all working on. We thing big things like a DVD box set, auto biography, theatre release. Then we all find out its a crappy music video of the pot and maybe a new tshirt. Riding the 10,000 days train is getting old.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

There are plenty of bands that have taken longer to release albums before. 
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

Yeah, but we're not talking about them, are we.

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Name 12.

<giggles>
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

And they don't release little bits of information about recording that turn out to be complete lies years later.

You could argue a strong case that the band started believing the hype after "10,000 ABORTIONS", and thought they could use suspense and intrigue to keep people interested in them.

Unfortunately, they're not a bunch of secret service agents, so it turns out that no one gives a fuck anymore.

I'm going to pirate whatever they release in the future so hard. Get an eyepatch, a Jolly Roger, and talk like a pirate for a full week.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

crow011 said
And they don't release little bits of information about recording that turn out to be complete lies years later.

You could argue a strong case that the band started believing the hype after "10,000 ABORTIONS", and thought they could use suspense and intrigue to keep people interested in them.

Unfortunately, they're not a bunch of secret service agents, so it turns out that no one gives a fuck anymore.

I'm going to pirate whatever they release in the future so hard. Get an eyepatch, a Jolly Roger, and talk like a pirate for a full week.

change the name of 'H' to 'R.'

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineEier said

Ravenpig said
The longer this album takes to drop the more I think that the frustration May Jay shows when he's asked about Tool has to do with his bandmates taking so long.  He keeps quiet instead of running his mouth on them.  I mean think about it, how many frontmen have talked some kind of shit about his/her bandmates and cause drama?  May Jay might be a douche and all that but you gotta admit he's never talked shit about his Tool bandmates.

Yeah I was thinking that too.  Earlier today.  Weird.

I'm sure Moggie is lurking, and not replying to these kinds of posts must be making him blow a gasket.  Hehe.

C'mon Moggie, open yet another account already, you know you want to.
Ki77aan :twisted:
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said

UndKeineEier said

Ravenpig said
The longer this album takes to drop the more I think that the frustration May Jay shows when he's asked about Tool has to do with his bandmates taking so long.  He keeps quiet instead of running his mouth on them.  I mean think about it, how many frontmen have talked some kind of shit about his/her bandmates and cause drama?  May Jay might be a douche and all that but you gotta admit he's never talked shit about his Tool bandmates.

Yeah I was thinking that too.  Earlier today.  Weird.

I'm sure Moggie is lurking, and not replying to these kinds of posts must be making him blow a gasket.  Hehe.

C'mon Moggie, open yet another account already, you know you want to.

LOL, do it Mog! Let the butthurt flow!

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said

hellboy1975 said

Yeah, but we're not talking about them, are we.

We are when we cite Tool as the laziest band ever
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I'm sure that was just an exaggeration.

They are really fucking lazy, though.
thirdeye42012
Bronco's Fan

Post by thirdeye42012 »

same old, same old...
Chill316
Maynard Believer

Post by Chill316 »

Like it has been said by many of you all, all I want is a quality video or audio live release of a show and that will be good. I could really care less when the album comes out. I just want some great sounding alt live songs. That would help them out a lot with funding this album wouldn't it? Why are they so against release live material?
toolrocks
Maynard Believer

Post by toolrocks »

Cmon givem a break will ya, a song a year is pretty aggressive. They should take a much needed break.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

toolrocks said
Cmon givem a break will ya, a song a year is pretty aggressive. They should take a much needed break.

I agree.
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Chill316 said
Like it has been said by many of you all, all I want is a quality video or audio live release of a show and that will be good. I could really care less when the album comes out. I just want some great sounding alt live songs. That would help them out a lot with funding this album wouldn't it? Why are they so against release live material?

No doubt....I could care less when the album comes out.

All I want is a quality video or audio live release that will be good.

They're so against releasing live material.  Why? 

I just want some great sound alt live songs.

This has been said by many of you all.

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

I get it with Tool, i really do, they dont want to release Anything that doesnt produce their full quality, and at this stage why should they. However, with how good they are live, and they themselves make sure they are, they should consider taping more(audio and visual), and at least not for now, for later releases. It would do, not only themselves, but the whole rock and roll industry a disservice not to. Their fantastic live as we all know. More than not their spot on, especially compared to other bands. I sure hope one day more of their live material sees the light of day from a official release. It would be a huge disappointment if it didnt. Because their capable of the best.
snaggle
Maynard Believer

Post by snaggle »

I'm positive there's not a Pot video in the works. Never has any band ever released a video for a 6.5 yr old song, from an album they stopped touring at least 3 years ago. If Adam is working on a music video it's more likely for another band, or some kind of art installation... doesn't Chet Zar have some upcoming gallery shows? Maybe Adam is in on that..?
Unless Adam specifically stated somewhere that he's definitely doing a Pot video. In which case, why the fuck bother? As someone else said, quit riding the 10,000 Days coattails.

They also seem like they don't know how to manage their time very well or something. Justin has, what, like 4 projects going at once, and none of them are going anywhere. Danny has a handful of side stuff that we've been told for like the last year are in various stages of recording, mixing, mastering... yet none of it has seen the light of day.

Justin needs to stop with all the half assed side bands that aren't going anywhere.
Adam needs to stop with the puppy love bullshit on his twitter, he's a grown man acting like a 15yr old virgin.
Danny needs to stop getting drunk everyday and wasting time on selling lame "magik" books and accessories and fucking cushions (cushions?!?!?!?!) with that self centered, totally in love with his own shit, arrogant cunt of a man, Blair.
And Maynard needs to get in the rehearsal space with the rest of them, and stop treating Tool fans as just a bunch of consumers for him to exploit and bombard with ads for his wine and his fucking pasta and his fucking coffee and shit.

Maynard posted the "Hitler finds out about new Puscifer EP" video on his twitter. So now he's laughing at us, in between bouts of marketing his fucking food and wine at us. Bah!!!
Fuck Tool.