Positivity week

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Positivity week

Post by hellboy »

I'm sick of all this shit, and things need to change.

As a result, the Infinity forum has been closed until we can reconnect as brothers and sisters in our until love for Tool and other interests. Note that trolling and bickering outside of the Infinity forum will result in a ban.

I may re-open the Infinity forum in a weeks time should things improve.

The Grudge thread remains open, and is the place to go should you wish to rant about Tool. Other rants should not be posted here.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Positivity week

Post by Ravenpig »

Damn. Random Thoughts is my favorite thread.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:Damn. Random Thoughts is my favorite thread.
Mine too. I guess we'll just find a new favorite thread. Maybe this can be it.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm positive we can find one.
Hey! Denty!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I'm positive if you guys donated money you could probably create a new 'random thoughts' thread in the subscribers only.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Careful guys. If this thread goes away from the original post for 5 consecutive posts it will be deleted! Just a word of warning. Passing on HBs word.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Positivity week

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Not Tyson wrote:I'm positive if you guys donated money you could probably create a new 'random thoughts' thread in the subscribers only.
Literal LOL.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

See you all next week. Maybe...
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Positivity week

Post by xZ1mM3r »

liz wrote:See you all next week. Maybe...
Yeah I agree with you there...maybe it's a sign to leave FE for a while.
Last edited by xZ1mM3r on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Positivity week

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

See you next week guys. I will also point out that this is a test of sorts. If Fourtheye can't existing without the Infinity forum, then it may as well not exist at all. I've come to the realisation lately that I have better ways to spend my time than moderate a bunch of school children.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:See you next week guys. I will also point out that this is a test of sorts. If Fourtheye can't existing without the Infinity forum, then it may as well not exist at all. I've come to the realisation lately that I have better ways to spend my time than moderate a bunch of school children.
That's fair. To be honest I would like this to be what it was intended to be. A tool fan site.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Vitriol rising)

Post by Ettan »

Why is infinity locked? It's the best part on this forum..

ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Oh my.

Think Positive

yay
edit

the movie thread is closed.

must...

must...

Think Positive
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:I'm positive if you guys donated money you could probably create a new 'random thoughts' thread in the subscribers only.
Speaking of money, I'm completely out until next Thursday. This is the most broke I've been since 2007.

I'm positive I'm fucked.

See what I did there? Great thread.

Read into that what you will.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:See you next week guys. I will also point out that this is a test of sorts. If Fourtheye can't existing without the Infinity forum, then it may as well not exist at all. I've come to the realisation lately that I have better ways to spend my time than moderate a bunch of school children.
Seriously?

:lol:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
Seriously?
Very serious!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Oh well. Let's all be positive and make the best out of this. No one interested in the APC drive?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:Oh well. Let's all be positive and make the best out of this. No one interested in the APC drive?
I've lost interest in APC to be honest. It sounds like a cool project, but I haven't even bothered with their recently released live stuff, let alone a bunch of bootlegs.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Just a suggestion (which you can, and will, ignore): Incentives promoting good behaviour are usually more successful than the threat of punishing bad behaviour. I know this, because I have literally "moderate[d] a bunch of school children".

You'll also notice that we have no competitions, no weekly little challenges or whatever you want to call them like AOTW or anything else. Not only that, but you and others of your ilk are lashing out at members that you simply do not like.

When you think about it, what else did you expect to happen?

And for what it's worth, I am failing to see what this huge cataclysmic event was that made you start thinking that this place has gone to the wolves. You may have had a wonderful, positive weekend, and you have a fresh perspective, for however brief it will last - but for most of us, life is just the same as always.

Try promoting positivity yourself, rather than threatening everyone with taking away what is mostly just a cool little distraction and a way to find new music, movies, TV, etc.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by BlackHole83 »

Hey Hellboy, just a query. Obviously the infinity forum was shut down. Did you maybe think to punish those who crossed the line, rather than close it up for the rest? Or maybe block those individuals from accessing the infinity forum only?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:Just a suggestion (which you can, and will, ignore): Incentives promoting good behaviour are usually more successful than the threat of punishing bad behaviour. I know this, because I have literally "moderate[d] a bunch of school children".

When you think about it, what else did you expect to happen?
I'm not trying to paint myself as blameless here, but thing have gone far enough. To be honest I'm not even happy with the way I've posted of late. I don't like what I see this forum becoming, and a line has to be drawn somewhere. People have noted time and time again that the positive parts of this forum are the music and other media sharing opportunities, and recently it seems the focus is on nothing more than petty banter, thinly veiled racism (even if it's meant in a humorous nature), needless slagging off on celebrities, criticism band members girlfriends, etc, etc. This is not what I had in mind when I created the forum. If these are the reasons you come to Fourtheye, then it's time to move on.
The Boss wrote:And for what it's worth, I am failing to see what this huge cataclysmic event was that made you start thinking that this place has gone to the wolves.
There was no cataclysmic event. Just yet another pointless bickering fest, combined with recent revelations that I don't really have time for this shit.
The Boss wrote:Try promoting positivity yourself, rather than threatening everyone with taking away what is mostly just a cool little distraction and a way to find new music, movies, TV, etc.
You're right, I should try and be more positive.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Easy, then: Make the "Infinity" forum Subscribers Only, and let Kittaan moderate it.

That way, you don't even have to look at it, and the general public will never see what fucking idiots we are.

Existing members who don't have a subscription (myself included, as it lapsed a while ago) will happily pay the small amount that you ask, and everyone gets what they want.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote:Hey Hellboy, just a query. Obviously the infinity forum was shut down. Did you maybe think to punish those who crossed the line, rather than close it up for the rest? Or maybe block those individuals from accessing the infinity forum only?
You are right - it does unfairly punish the innocent (there are not many of those however).

The real point behind the closure is the reinforce the positives of the remainder of the forum. As my post above discusses, the Infinity forum is not what this site is about. It's a part of the site that I spend several hours of the day "patrolling" in order to see that it fits my view of how the forum should be. I've let that line waver over the years, for better or worse, but I've reached a point where I'm over it. I want the site to be known as a place where music fans came come and discuss common interests. There's nothing to be gained from having a thread where you can call other forum members dickheads. All it does is encourage people to keep upping the ante to see who can be the biggest asshole on the block.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:Easy, then: Make the "Infinity" forum Subscribers Only, and let Kittaan moderate it.
I don't see this as a viable option because, and I mean no offense to Kittaan here, I feel the that I need to be the one policing the site, as it is a reflection on my reputation, not his. I expect Kittaan would make very similar calls to what I would, but at the end of the day the buck stops with me, and I won't shirk that responsibility.

My question to you is - what do you feel it adds to the forum? What does it give you that you don't already get on 4chan or some other site where this kind if behaviour is allowed?