Rumours abound of South American shows

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Blair has hinted several times in newsletters that there may be some plans to get Tool down to South America. Today there seem to be rumours afoot on Twitter and Reddit that Tool will be playing in Caracas, Venezuela of all places. My Spanish is pretty rough, and I can't find any real confirmation online, but I know news of Tool hitting this continent would go down very well with a large number of Tool fans in the region.

Speaking of Tool rumours, there's also one started on Toolnavy today suggesting that some summer shows in the US may not be unlikely.

How seriously should we take these rumours? Personally, I don't think they should be taken seriously at all. I actually believe Tool don't intend to do any significant touring until the new album is out, and considering they aren't likely to record anytime before June, I don't see any tours in the horizon for 2013.

Still, it is nice to dream...

unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

A while ago Blair mentioned the band was considering a "new concept in touring". I have speculated that this new concept could mean more touring, but with frequent breaks (lots of mini tours). The mini tour model has certainly been utilized since the time Blair referred to the "new concept" in his newsletter. It also seems like Maynard tends to use this model with Puscifer...
DRURY
Fanboi

Post by DRURY »

It sure does seem like they hit some kind of wall last year. Everything appeared to be going smoothly, and then suddenly it all kind of stopped.

Hooefully they are just making sure its the best album it can be. Ive read that they always have to overcome some pretty rough disagreements during the writing of an album.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Maybe Adam wants to go down there and, aside from playing a show or 2, scout some amateur talent that the Dodgers could sign.  Venezuela is quite the hotbed for baseball talent.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I kind of agree with Drury on this.  And considering it will likely be their last album together (hopefully that's not the case, but all signs point that direction), it's even more significant to them to "get it right" no matter how long it takes.

Regarding the SA rumors:  I hit Caracas usually once a year, so I'm stoked that's even a rumor!  How badass would it be to make a show down there?  Very.  However there's a lot of turmoil there with the Chavez situation (even more than usual), so I find it HIGHLY unlikely.  Other SA stops might be in the plan.  Interesting.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't know if I think this is their last album, but if there is another album after this oneit won't be for at least 15 years after this one drops.  Or maybe they release this album, get released from their contract, and start dropping albums every 2 years.  Who knows?

Don't mow your lawn
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

After this long, I really hope they just buckle down and finish the thing. Obviously anytime their together its a good thing, but they really cant beat the last set of shows set list without a new album, so...

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Oh... I bet they could. Still, new album first please.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said 
However there's a lot of turmoil there with the Chavez situation (even more than usual), so I find it HIGHLY unlikely.  Other SA stops might be in the plan.  Interesting.

I agree.  If the rumour were Brazil or Chile then I'd find it a whole lot more believeable.  But Venezuela seems pretty unlikely to me...
Jethro Tool
Maynard Believer

Post by Jethro Tool »

er so no album until 2014?! 8 years is taking the piss! its almost like they know prog bands get away with waiting that long is if it makes them better albums. it doesnt. but im still checking the website every day so i suppose it works. Venezuela?! Europe hasnt seen em since 07! Anyway comment by Kabir on Toolshed about Netflix suggests tour movie / 3D live event to me...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Jethro Tool said
Anyway comment by Kabir on Toolshed about Netflix suggests tour movie / 3D live event to me...

Kabir was talking about his own show, not something from Tool.
thirdeye42012
Bronco's Fan

Post by thirdeye42012 »

I never even bother going to t.d.n. anymore, Kabir has let that great site go to shit!
thirdeye42012
Bronco's Fan

Post by thirdeye42012 »

I consider it highly likely that Tool will be playing more shows this summer than just the Japan show. Danny has been saying since '09 that they won't tour until the album's done...but then there was the '10 mini tour...then the '11 Hawaii/Australia tour...then the epic '12 mini tour. I think it's a pretty good bet that at least SA will see some shows, if not NA. I want them to finish the fucking album too, but my favorite thing in the world is live TOOL, and the 2012 mini tour was their best since '02, so if they're gonna do it then bring it on motherfuckers.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

thirdeye42012 said
I never even bother going to t.d.n. anymore, Kabir has let that great site go to shit!

Music to Hellboi's ears.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

A show = bread.

We all need it.

Given the facts Maynard addressed recently, touring, again, seems to be the one constant for the musician to make money.  Of course there are many considerations when touring; however, when a band or musician has control of the situation and executes the tour plan with a clear head and a solid history, not to mention a fan base willing to put out a reasonable amount of money, how can you blame them?  I for one would love to research the TooL market in South America.  Roger Waters and RUSH and I'm sure others have toured there recently and it was nothing but success, or so the respective camps have both said in media.  I think TooL is on that level; let's find out.  And what does it say about longevity if TooL tours SA, sells out everywhere and yes, they play the 'same old setlist?'  Anything? Something?  Hell, I don't know; that's why I'm asking you! 
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Not newsworthy material. They could start a tour in the moon for all I care. Seven years touring the same album - fucking shameful and a disgrace! Laziest band ever! Maynard has had more album output in the last two-three years then all of the TOOL albums put together. I don't blame him-it's the other three lazy couch potatoes that are to blame.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

on*
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

lateralus live from the moon would be cool though

The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Cheese, go read the new newsletter on toolband
Hey! Denty!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Oh and all at the same time tending to his vineyard too whilst the other members were holidaying and doing jackshit.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

do i have too?

how bad do i look right now without reading it, even though I know I would then 'get' something i'm missing.....
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

The new newsletter = I'll believe it when I see it.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Whose dick is on fire?
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Maynards probably looking to go drink some good south american malbecs! Sounds good.