Maynard on WTF With Marc Maron this Monday

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Maynard on WTF With Marc Maron this Monday

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:But you could 'track' in the loft?
Tracking is just a term for recording the individual tracks (instruments, vocals, etc) on the album. It could be done in the Loft, but I doubt they would record anything other than demos or segues there.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

So I was right, they are tracking for Maynard
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:So I was right, they are tracking for Maynard
If by tracking you mean recording, then yes. But they record every session they do, so it's kind of a moot point.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Obviously every band would be different but how it works for us would be that if me & the boys pen a tune instrumentally at a jam, it will generally be tweaked in structure to suit what parts work vocally over the top. I imagine Tool would be similar & changes would be made structurally once Maynard joins, so would be a waste of time & money to lay down proper tracks til he has had his say..
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So this guy got May Jay to talk about Tool, quite a bit too, where other interviewers can barely even get one question out. How did he do it? Because he's a minor celebrity himself?

And I find it weird that May Jay's "Give me music" comment didn't get more attention here. If it had been one of the other guys saying something similar about May Jay The Grudge thread would've exploded.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

You're in a weird headspace lately, dude.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:You're in a weird headspace lately, dude.
Huh? What did I write there that was so bad? And why does every comment of mine that isn't 100% vanilla taken as bad?

The comment about the Grudge thread was a guess, not a complaint. (I'm guessing that's what ruffled your feathers? Heh, that's funny. Cause you're Crow)
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:
Huh? What did I write there that was so bad? And why does every comment of mine that isn't 100% vanilla taken as bad?

The comment about the Grudge thread was a guess, not a complaint. (I'm guessing that's what ruffled your feathers? Heh, that's funny. Cause you're Crow)
Sorry. Maybe just your tone.

For example, I can tell when some people are on a drunken rampage. Or when other people have just had a rough week.

I don't know, it's probably because I'm obviously on here all the time. There are certain nuances that people have and give away.

I'm just a PM away, dude. Not sure what's up with your studies. i enjoyed talking about that not long ago, by the way.

Or maybe I'm just being retarded. If that's the case: Image
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

^ comments like that are why I love coming to this place. Without turning this into a circle-jerk, I feel a sense of community here that most other forums/social media sites lack.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:

Sorry. Maybe just your tone.

For example, I can tell when some people are on a drunken rampage. Or when other people have just had a rough week.

I don't know, it's probably because I'm obviously on here all the time. There are certain nuances that people have and give away.

I'm just a PM away, dude. Not sure what's up with your studies. i enjoyed talking about that not long ago, by the way.

Or maybe I'm just being retarded. If that's the case: Image
^ You two keep this touchy feely shit up you are going to make Tyson jealous
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Meh. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and see no reason to not be brutally honest.

This shouldn't be news to anyone here.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I wear my heart on my cock, that's why it's so shitty.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

For anyone who still hasn't heard it, here's a link to the podcast: http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/ ... mes_keenan

What makes people think this was recorded so long ago? Haven't seen anything mentioning this anywhere.

"I'll be 49 next month", and his birthday is in April. Got it. So this is from March. Yeah, that seems very strange to sit on an interview like this for so many months. Wonder what the story is there.
Ki77aan :twisted:
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

he said something about his birthday with is in April.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Umadbrah? wrote:he said something about his birthday with is in April.
Yep, just realized it and edited my post, then saw this. Thanks.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Ravenpig wrote:So this guy got May Jay to talk about Tool, quite a bit too, where other interviewers can barely even get one question out. How did he do it? Because he's a minor celebrity himself?

And I find it weird that May Jay's "Give me music" comment didn't get more attention here. If it had been one of the other guys saying something similar about May Jay The Grudge thread would've exploded.
Forget that, I was surprised at the fact that in the middle of 'writing' Danny decided to start touring with Volto, obviously the writing is done or they stalled, again.

Yet not one outraged Tool fan.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:So this guy got May Jay to talk about Tool, quite a bit too, where other interviewers can barely even get one question out. How did he do it? Because he's a minor celebrity himself?

Forget that, I was surprised at the fact that in the middle of 'writing' Danny decided to start touring with Volto, obviously the writing is done or they stalled, again.

Nah, August is the Harvest. Tool ain't doing shit then anyway. If anything it's sign that writing is done.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:

Nah, August is the Harvest. Tool ain't doing shit then anyway. If anything it's sign that writing is done.
That's what I assumed with regard to Carey apparently jumping ship to go play in some shitty jam band. At the very least, it's a sign that they're happy with what they have, and don't feel in any hurry to rush the process.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:

sounds like they're doing quiet well with the harvest this year in AZ.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/pour-me-some-g ... e-harvest/
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

The Boss wrote:That's what I assumed with regard to Carey apparently jumping ship to go play in some shitty jam band. At the very least, it's a sign that they're happy with what they have, and don't feel in any hurry to rush the process.
Oh, that's what it is.
Guess they've all been happy as shit the past 4 years.

Happy with what they have.
Think you pretty much summed it all up right there.

But I guess it's hard to be 'angsty' when you're content with your squishy life.
Can't blame them
also, Avatar!