Disappointed in Tool's 2013 setlist (FULL OF SPOILERS!)

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Also why do they never play Judith or 3 Libras?
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

Tyson said
Also why do they never play Judith or 3 Libras?

Hell yeah, man, The Undertaker is my favorite Tool song. Mer de Noms is their best album! 
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I refuse to go another Tool show until they pull Passenger out again.
Don't mow your lawn
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Apparently last night they dropped Sober and Hooker, replacing (one of them) with Opiate. Only 10 songs? Did that leave you fulfilled, like you got your money's worth? I'd just like to hear a bit more variation I reckon they should ditch Vicarious or Jambi (boring songs to me - shoot me) and replace with Parabola, the Patient, Right in Two or Jimmy.

OR THEY COULD JUST LENGTHEN THE SHOW A LITTLE BIT AND PLAY A FEW MORE SONGS

I mean, they haven't played a full show in NZ since 2001, surely they could thank us a bit considering that, per capita, we are the highest buyers of Tool (and Bob Marley) records in the world? Oh well. I love 'em anyway
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

@NickTheGC

Ignore what it looks like on paper and just drink in the experience...rather than worry about what you're not getting, concentrate on enjoying what you do get. It's the only way you'll be satisfied.
mearle
Maynard Believer

Post by mearle »

Having only seen tool twice in NZ at the BDO and APC in Christchurch I am so pumped for the 2 NZ gigs. Am sitting first night and GA second.

After watching the live Aenema clip on youtube at melbournes first night I thought they sounded great, especially considering Maynard was sick. Can't wait for the gigs and as for the setlist's they seem pretty mean. I am hoping we get something special in NZ. Loved when we got intolerance at BDO it was epic!

First post on these forums, have been loving reading the personal reviews and encounters with the band. Classic how many people complaining about Tool and Maynard. I have no expectations I just cant wait to hear Danny Carey smashing the hell out of it and the bass and atmospherics all coming together. Oh shit it's going to be good!

NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

mearle said
Having only seen tool twice in NZ at the BDO and APC in Christchurch I am so pumped for the 2 NZ gigs. Am sitting first night and GA second.

After watching the live Aenema clip on youtube at melbournes first night I thought they sounded great, especially considering Maynard was sick. Can't wait for the gigs and as for the setlist's they seem pretty mean. I am hoping we get something special in NZ. Loved when we got intolerance at BDO it was epic!

First post on these forums, have been loving reading the personal reviews and encounters with the band. Classic how many people complaining about Tool and Maynard. I have no expectations I just cant wait to hear Danny Carey smashing the hell out of it and the bass and atmospherics all coming together. Oh shit it's going to be good!

That's funny, I'm going GA first night, and seated the second I agree, it's gonna kick ass

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Too many sheep fuckers lately
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

NickTheGC said 

I'm sorry, but why the hell did they think that Intension was a good choice as one of the 11 songs played?! It's more or less an album filler, and it's a pretty big proportion of the concert itself. 

Shut up. Dickhead.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay said

NickTheGC said 

I'm sorry, but why the hell did they think that Intension was a good choice as one of the 11 songs played?! It's more or less an album filler, and it's a pretty big proportion of the concert itself. 

Shut up. Dickhead.

Agreed.  I'd doubt anyone who actually went to the show was actually disappointed by that at all.  You may not enjoy the song, but the lighting effects used were sublime.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

What the fuck's wrong with Intension? Very atmospheric and a great comedown from the brutal Rosetta Stoned.

Great track. Better than Vicarious and Right In Two.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay said
What the fuck's wrong with Intension? Very atmospheric and a great comedown from the brutal Rosetta Stoned.

Personally I think it's a great song, but I'm sure there are plenty of meatheads out there who just want more metalz
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

Calfium Jay said

Better than Right in Two? Are you serious? Right in Two is a god damn masterpiece. Beautiful f*cking song. One of the biggest build ups of any Tool song too. I'm amazed that you actually think Intension is better than Right in Two. It's actually quite interesting to me as I'd rate Right in Two their best song, and Intension their worst. Huh.

Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Only track I don't like on 10,000 Days is Vicarious.

Music is decent but lyrics are lazy. We all live vicariously through the media??! Please. This is hardly a worthy theme for a Tool track.

"Eyes on the tv, cos tragedy thrills me....."

Ouch. I cringe.

not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay said

Music is decent but lyrics are lazy. We all live vicariously through the media??! Please. This is hardly a worthy theme for a Tool track.

Ouch. I cringe.

Don't necessarily agree with you regarding the lyrics - they're not a high point in Maynard's career by any means though.  But the song itself I find to be the least interesting on the album (segues aside).
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay said

Ouch. I cringe.

I'm glad I've missed the "10,000 DAYS" tour. The whole album is full of cringe-worthy lyrics.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Right In Two is pretty cringe worthy.  By far the weakest lyrics of any song on that album.  I pretty much eject the CD at that point every time.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

I must be the only Tool fan on Earth who likes Lipan Conjuring.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay said

No, you're not.  It has the best lyrics on the album imo.
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

hellboy1975 said

Calfium Jay said

God Tool fans are such tools... Either hate on Maynard every step of the way or claim that he is god. No wonder why Maynard acts like such a dick to his fans

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NickTheGC said

hellboy1975 said

Calfium Jay said

God Tool fans are such tools... Either hate on Maynard every step of the way or claim that he is god. No wonder why Maynard acts like such a dick to his fans

I think you'll find that the two bolded parts are connected in ways you might not wish to admit.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
NickTheGC
of Arimathea

Post by NickTheGC »

I don't hate on him nor ride his dick. But nice work finding that connection!