TooL posters (and other bands) for sale

basejumper
Droner

Re: TooL posters (and other bands) for sale

Post by basejumper »

azbay wrote:I bought myself an extra, of course to hopefully try and trade for a Reno 2012, but yes one on egay for $299 right now
I might be able to find a Reno for trade. 8-)
Professor of Lesbian Science
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

azbay wrote:^keep an eye out I noticed earlier today they had posted a few more, looks like it was only 10 at a time they were selling them...
10 just came up in the shop...
Professor of Lesbian Science
nsfw dave
Bronco's Fan

Post by nsfw dave »

ive been watching all day, apparently night time is the right time
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Trade totally sounds good to me, but of course I'm sure that's if you don't end up nabbing some yourself from toolband I'm supposing.....
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

azbay wrote:I bought myself an extra, of course to hopefully try and trade for a Reno 2012, but yes one on egay for $299 right now
Not sure if Hellboy ever mentioned it, but I bought 10 Reno 2012 posters for a Fourtheye giveaway. Another TA/FE member offered to have Danny sign them (he was friends with Rynne and had the hook up) while we were both in Reno, so I gave them to him. He strung us along for months until we realized that he was never going to return them. I still don't know what really happened to them. Very disappointing as this guy was a friend and seemed like a very cool guy.
Ki77aan :twisted:
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

man that's horrible! very sad situation, just when you think it's nice that you can trust people, especially when they seem like a reputable TA/FE memeber and then they burn ya. I've read some posts in the past that exhibit the same nature of misled trust unfortunately. Luckily I've had and made great connections through this forum (props to HB!) from poster trades to wine deliveries at concerts and just meeting cool people. I unfortunately have a little bit of a collecting bug myself, and have been on this hunt for the Reno poster for years! It's crazy the amount of energy that goes out there to swoop up all these posters and turn a profit! I remember the 2 night L.A. (2010?) posters came out and no joke some dude bought like a 100 of each night! anyways I've aquired a few of these poster in hopes of a trade for Reno, so even buying 2 of these Sacromento ones that popped up. Last on my list would be the Camden 2012 (as you can tell, I would like to have the Korin Faught collection) and a Phoenix 2009 signed (concert was on my actual birthday and was so broke couldn't afford the signed one, but at least got one unsigned by sacrificing alcohol consumption haha) ok my novels done for now....
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Jane's Addiction Kettle Whistle promotional poster 33"x60" It's HUGE!!

$40

i got this poster from Tower Records in 1997 after the album was released. Perfect condition, no rips.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

And now we start seeing the Sacramento posters on ebay..... $499..... $399....
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Maybe im crazy but I would only ever want a concert tour poster to a show I attended. Doesn't make sense to me to collect posters from cities and shows I didn't go to.

"Oh that's a cool Tool poster, we're you at the show?"
"No... I just bought that. "
"Oh....."
ectiger86
Maynard Believer

Post by ectiger86 »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Maybe im crazy but I would only ever want a concert tour poster to a show I attended. Doesn't make sense to me to collect posters from cities and shows I didn't go to.

"Oh....."

This is how I am. The thing is , I never bought the posters at the show and I am trying to get them and its been a pain in my ass. I am in the middle of getting my first poster right now. I wish i would have just done it at the show but ninja be broke always.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Maybe im crazy but I would only ever want a concert tour poster to a show I attended. Doesn't make sense to me to collect posters from cities and shows I didn't go to.

"Oh....."
I was at that Sac show, but I still don't want the poster.
Ki77aan :twisted:
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

"Oh....."

Hooray for you. A lot of people like collecting posters because of the artwork or artist. Move along. These are not the posters you are looking for.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

I just purchased the 2014 Tool San Diego poster that I attended last year for cheaper on Tool merchandise than it was at the show.

/Score

Unsigned tho. I ain't rich.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

badkittygothgirl wrote:

"Oh....."

Hooray for you. A lot of people like collecting posters because of the artwork or artist. Move along. These are not the posters you are looking for.
You always have a smart ass remark towards me...I feel like you dont like me for some reason. If my first post was pointless in your opinion then so was yours. Neither of us added to the poster discussion/sales/trades. Move along grandma.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

I have no feelings for or against you. I rarely comment these days and can hardly remember any conversations we might have had in the past. Read the thread title and subsequent post regarding me selling some of my collection. You clearly have stumbled onto the wrong thread. You are more than welcome to leave.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Opinions on whether or not selling posters is a good idea or not are probably posted elsewhere. Either way, it's time for this conversation to end.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Hey my bad also for starting a different poster convo here, forgot this was originally a BKGG thread for selling a poster collection. Cheers on the successful sells btw, and I'll move further comments/poster stuff not related to this thread to the "Tool poster trade thread"
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Two new posters in the Toolband store:

http://shop.toolarmy.com/ProductDetails ... MANCHESTER
http://shop.toolarmy.com/ProductDetails ... =PMANITOBA

The Manitoba one is by Justin, so is a pretty good catch I reckon, and there's only 20 of them in total.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

There's 3 more Tool posters in the store today - Everett, Saskatoon and LA from the '07 tour.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Now just Everett and Saskatoon.
rgardjr
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rgardjr »

Looking for the Todd Slater poster from Atlantic City in 2007. The arm/clinched fists made out of tvs. I've got plenty to trade.
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/63815

Does anyone know if BigBoy55693 has that extensively doodled Jermaine poster from Woodlands, TX in 2001? I saw that he posted a bunch of pictures of it on Ebeans.
http://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/2149

Thanks-
Rick
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Manchester, UK '07 & Tucson, Az '12 posters on sale at toolband now, what's funny is the new announcement of them being on sale shows it was posted at 3am while Tucson sold out by 10pm last night...
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

More '07 posters in the shop now
sosa14
Maynard Believer

Post by sosa14 »

Never been a fan of the PM prints. The Jesus/Mary LV set was cool, but other than that I always thought they looked thrown together and cheesy..
rgardjr
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rgardjr »

sosa14 wrote:Never been a fan of the PM prints. The Jesus/Mary LV set was cool, but other than that I always thought they looked thrown together and cheesy..
That's the potential problem when you give half a tours worth of posters to a single artist. Of course before this tour I don't remember seeing any posters, if the show even had one, for sale at the show. I liked the San Francisco poster from the PM run as well. Not much of a fan of the Hatch prints from this tour, but I'm always going to buy a poster at a show that I go to if they are for sale.