New Music Thread

Music in all its forms and styles
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: New Music Thread

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:41 pm The new Daughters leaked, it's fucking rad.
Nice, looking forward to checking it out, but since I'm lazy I'll probably just wait for it to hit streaming services. It'll probably be one of the best albums of the year based on the tracks released so far.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Enjoyed Monolith of Phobos, so cool to see these guys doing another album together:

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

So many good albums over the last couple of months. Let's start with Eminem destroying mumble rappers on Kamikaze

Oh and this gem where Machine Gun Kelly gets lyrically skull fucked

The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

New Conan

New Crippled Black Phoenix

Future Usses - Sacha from Intronaut, ex MOTA guitar player Dan Wilburn and ex Bereft drummer Derek Donley

Cypress Hill back at it again with Elephants on Acid

Author & Punisher with an industrial-doom masterpiece called Beastland

Between the Buried and Me with Automata II

High on Fire's latest, Electric Messiah

Last edited by M0G on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Eminem is terrible, dude needs to retire.
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:17 pm Eminem is terrible, dude needs to retire.

^^^ Na I don't think so. I am not even a huge Eminem fan but the man is as good as he ever was and at his best he is one of the best to ever do it
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

lol Eminem - I expect he is terrible as ever. The thought of a 40 year old engaging in rap battles is pretty cringeworthy.

Looking forward to checking out the other recommendations I haven't already.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:34 pm lol Eminem - I expect he is terrible as ever. The thought of a 40 year old engaging in rap battles is pretty cringeworthy.

He's nearly 50.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:34 pm lol Eminem - I expect he is terrible as ever. The thought of a 40 year old engaging in rap battles is pretty cringeworthy.

I respect your opinion on most things but you talking about hip hop is like me talking about grindcore.

A number of other albums to post it has been a solid year so far those were just off the top of my head stuff I have been listening to recently. Gotta check out some of your recommendations as well. Even that filthy conservative Cal I imagine has unearthed some gems.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Acid Mothers Temple release new track

The Japanese psychedelic rockers Acid Mothers Temple start a new chapter with their upcoming album “Reverse Of Rebirth In Universe”.

A lot of new talent started in the last couple of years. Jyonson Tsu (vocal, midnight whistler), Satoshima Nani (drums, another dimension) and Wolf (bass, space & time) are added to the original members Kawabata Makoto (guitar, speed guru) and Higashi Hiroshi (synthesizer, noodle god).

“Reverse Of Rebirth In Universe” is an album with reworked tracks by the the refreshed Acid Mothers Temple.

The album will be released by Riot Season Records on November 30.

Enjoy their first 9 minute cosmic track: Dark Star Blues.

https://riotseasonrecords.bandcamp.com/ ... n-universe

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 pm

I respect your opinion on most things but you talking about hip hop is like me talking about grindcore.
Well as a fan of hip hop let me place an argument.

The guy hasn't made a good album imo since the slim shady show.

He's so fucking massive though, he really is Elvis with his reach and fan base, who will love everything he does regardless of talent.

Speaking of talent, I understand his technical ability far exceeds his peers, but so what, to me he's the Dream Theater of hip hop artists.

KAPOW.
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:23 am
M0G wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Well as a fan of hip hop let me place an argument.

The guy hasn't made a good album imo since the slim shady show.

He's so fucking massive though, he really is Elvis with his reach and fan base, who will love everything he does regardless of talent.

Speaking of talent, I understand his technical ability far exceeds his peers, but so what, to me he's the Dream Theater of hip hop artists.

KAPOW.
I don't agree at all on any level and I am not a huge Eminem fan. In fact I like him now more than I did back in the Slim Shady show days. Back then it was less substance more gimmicky shit. Now it is about showcasing the art of rapping. No one pulls double and triple entendre's like Eminem. His use of metaphor and the ability to switch flows seamlessly is unmatched. The only person off the top of my head that I can think of that even comes close is Aesop Rock. Moreover the Dream Theater reference is absurd. Eminem can go full technical prowess Rap God style and on the next track tell an engaging story and has done so many times. To imply that he is not a substance rapper is foolish at best.

Regardless I don't want to turn the new music thread into an Eminem debate thread so let's agree to disagree or discuss it further in a hip hop thread.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

M0G wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:56 am
The only person off the top of my head that I can think of that even comes close is Aesop Rock.
You've got to be trolling, Aesop Rock is the creme de le creme of backpacker hip- hop and runs rings around Marshall, I'm also sorry you have even given any of Marshall's album after the Slim Shady show a serious listen, because they have all been trash.

But hey, no need to respond, I understand your position and you understand mine, lets leave it at that (that being you're wrong)
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

That Royce Da 5'9 - Book of Ryan is one of the best albums of 2018. Will definitely be in top 10 list. Kamikaze will not. I love the run of the Ringer, Greatest, Lucky You....then it falls off like most Em albums do. He slays in Killshot though. And Hellboy, stay in your lane.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Definitely correct in that I'm not the best person to be making a top 100 rappers list or anything. All I know is that Eminem's music is almost as excruciating as his fan base.

Tool fans seem like a delightful bunch in comparison.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

When the admin is right, he's right.
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ziggy23 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:25 am
Nice didn't notice they had put up another new vid. I am really digging the new album. Cypress Hill doesn't get the respect they deserve and B-Real in particular is an extremely underrated MC.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Ziggy - Speaking of Cypress have you heard DJ Muggs latest Soul Assassins album? Muggs still delivering some of the finest beats in hip hop.

Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

hellboy wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:58 am Definitely correct in that I'm not the best person to be making a top 100 rappers list or anything. All I know is that Eminem's music is almost as excruciating as his fan base.

Tool fans seem like a delightful bunch in comparison.
I'm just busting your balls. I'm pretty much on board with your sentiments on Eminem, but sometimes you do make head-scratching comments about hip hop artists.

To be fair, a lot of his own fan base said that Revival wasn't good. He also told his own fans to kick rocks if they are Trump supporters. Even after all the fan alienation from his last album and BET cypher, somehow this dude still goes platinum every time. I laughed at the Dream Theater comparison because it's true. I'm not an Eminem stan or anything, but I can respect what he did with Kamikaze. (I give Revival a 3 and Kamikaze a 7)
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Also, I'm loving that Muggs is producing records for the funky Cypress Hill shit again.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Slipknot dropped new single...

Deftones!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »