Uncle Fucker

Re: Nine Inch Nails

Post by fortysixand2 »

What a hipster douche thing to do.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's very fitting with NIN's aesthetic though. And while I'm sure it's "not funny" or pleasant, you DID clearly lay out paper towels all over the place before opening so... the warning works haha.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I thought it was funny and I get it. I just don't know what to do with it now...
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ehh what? It's just plain dumb. I'm a huge NIN fan, maybe more than Tool, and I'm not making any excuse for this dumb shit.
Hey! Denty!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

That's the kind of thing, if I zoom out far enough, I love that kind of tactile, bizarre artistic aesthetic approach to physical packaging. NIN has always been great at that. And while I can't say anyone's done this before... the payoff just seems to be almost zilch. Not a cool enough effect to justify getting everyone's hands dirty.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

NIN is Friday of Riot Fest Chicago this year.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Also QOTSA is Saturday which is pretty cool but then the lineup takes a pretty big nosedive after that. I'll probably just wait until they announce a tour and hope for a closer non-festival show.

MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Riot Fest is probably the worst festival I've been to, If you do go get VIP. It's always oversold, getting beer, food, to the bathrooms, really anywhere after 5PM take forever. Good luck seeing the stage, they have bleachers for the VIP's near the soundboard so if you are not lined up early you wont see anything. Not to mention the stages are so close the sound bleeds over each other.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Agreed did VIP for Riot Fest last year and was very disappointed. Worst festival venue I have ever been to. However the lineup this year is a lot better IMO.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

fortysixand2 wrote:Also QOTSA is Saturday which is pretty cool but then the lineup takes a pretty big nosedive after that. I'll probably just wait until they announce a tour and hope for a closer non-festival show.
Are you kidding? The lineup looks great: New Order, Gogol Bordello, TV On the Radio, Ministry, Dinosaur Jr, Fidlar, Bad Brains, DFA1979, Peaches, Dead Cross (presumably with Mike Patton, and their only announced show) just to name a few.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Gogol Bordello is amazing live, they bring so much energy. Had the fortune of seeing them as soon as the gates opened @Vegoose07. Daft Punk and RATM headlined the festival. Ah good times, where does it go?
Sorry for the rant but I have also had the opportunity to see them open for Primus on multiple occasions. Let's face it Gypsy Funk is amazing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

HB- I think the comment was meant more towards the Sunday line up (post QOTSA). I know you rattled off a couple that performs on Sunday but it does seem to drop off a bit. And being a Sunday doesn't help matters.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I haven't seen the day-by-day breakdown of the acts, so no comment on Sunday. Jawbreaker being the headliner suggests a significantly more low key day than the others though.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
‘Score’ Trailer Reveals Documentary about Film Music and Composers

The first trailer for the Gravitas Ventures film Score: A Film Music Documentary has landed online, and this thing looks like a must-watch for cinephiles. Directed by Matt Schrader, a former newsman for CBS, and two years in the making, the film offers a look at the art and impact of film composers, featuring interviews with everyone from John Williams to Trent Reznor to Hans Zimmer to Bear McCreary. This promises an inside look at how film scores get composed, how they’ve evolved over the decades, and where the medium is at right now.
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor Debuts New Song “Green Lines”

Nine Inch Nails members Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross are ‘performing’ nightly at Bansky’s Walled Off Hotel in Bethlehem, Palestine. Their new song “Green Lines” was written for its player piano.

Nine Inch Nails, along with film composer Hans Zimmer, are performing pre-recorded gigs in the piano bar of Banksy’s Walled Off Hotel in Bethlehem.

The hotel’s website states, “Britain got its hands on Palestine in 1917 and the piano bar is themed as a colonial outpost from those heady days. It is equipped with languid ceiling fans, leather bound couches and an air of undeserved authority. Guests can peruse a collection of Banksy artworks that include vandalised oil paintings and statues choking on tear gas fumes. Warm scones and freshly brewed tea are served daily on fine bone china and the Walled Off Salad should not be missed.”

It later says, “And through it all the piano plays – by itself. Our remote controlled mechanical baby grand has been programmed with a bespoke score of contemporary arrangements, plus every night it will play back a concert recorded exclusively for the hotel. We start our residency programme with 3D who presents the greatest hits of Massive Attack played with three hands. Concerts start every night from 9pm. Upcoming artists include Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, Flea and Hans Zimmer.”
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Nine Inch Nails will have a new EP out this summer, with another to follow according to Trent Reznor

You never really know when a band like Nine Inch Nails might surprise you with an announcement, but when they do, people get excited. And there's plenty to be excited about, as Trent Reznor has broken the news that not one, but two new EP's will be coming in less than a year's time.

The first will be coming quite soon, as Reznor stated that it will arrive before the band's summer festival appearances, which begin on July 23. This means a new Nine Inch Nails EP should arrive sometime in the next six weeks or so.

Reznor also revealed that the band's most recent release, Not The Actual Events, was the first in a triology of EPs, meaning that a third EP will also be coming. According to his time estimation, it will arrive "6-8 months apart" from the one that'll be coming in the next few weeks. The announcement came in the form of an email in which Reznor was apologizing to fans who had ordered vinyl from the band, as the production and shipping of orders have been delayed due to some manufactuting changes.

You can read the conclusion of the email sent to customers below in which Reznor offers the news to brighten up the fans. And knowing there's new NIN on the way is definitely welcome news to any fan of the band!

Not The Actual Events was released on back on December 23, and Nine Inch Nails will be appearing at three major festivals in the coming months, which you can see below.

"FINALLY, DID YOU KNOW THERE’S A NEW TOP-SECRET NINE INCH NAILS EP THAT WILL BE RELEASED BEFORE THE FIRST SHOWS WE DO THIS SUMMER? DID YOU KNOW NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS WAS THE FIRST PART OF A TRILOGY OF RELATED EPS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ABOUT 6-8 MONTHS APART? NOW YOU DO. MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SHORTLY…

THANK YOU. TRENT”
- You like noisy music?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Always up for some new Nine Inch Nails.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

[youtube][/youtube]

^ Really good shit. Thanks Ziggy. Stoked about the new EP announcement as well. Nothing but respect for Trent.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Nine Inch Nails' eerie ambient Quake (1996) score gets a vinyl release
http://www.blastr.com/2017-6-8/nine-inc ... znor-quake
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Well, that was a badass performance.
'Twin Peaks': David Lynch Upstages Nine Inch Nails With Sprawling Nightmare Sequence
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ce-1016597
- You like noisy music?
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz "the" nine inch nails
Hey! Denty!