Rodrigo y Gabriela

Music in all its forms and styles
Moridin
Has been

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Post by Moridin »

Instrumental acoustic rock duo, they have a new album out soon (April 26th) called Mettavolution. 6 new original tunes + an 18 minute cover of Pink Floyd's Echoes.

-Tracklist-
Mettavolution
Terracentric
Cumbé
Electric Soul
Krotona Days
Witness Tree
Echoes

Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Rodrigo y Gabriela

Post by Busty McCracken »

Rodrigo Gabriela are fan fucking tastic . Check out an Aussie band called opal ocean similar kind of vibe to them
Listen to All Them Witches
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Yes they are great. I've spoke about them on here before. Hope to go see them at some point!
Professor of Lesbian Science
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

Album is out, here's the last 3 songs (plus the album version of Cumbé)

The only thing I'm not happy about with this release is that it's really an EP being sold as an album. Only 6 original songs (total about 20mins) with a giant 20 cover tagged on, after it being 5 years since the previous album. It's a fantastic cover, but I'd trade it for 20 more minutes of original material.
I have a pet peeve about bands putting covers on mainline studio albums.

I really dig the 6 originals here though. Terracentric is probably my favourite at the moment.
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:42 pm Rodrigo Gabriela are fan fucking tastic . Check out an Aussie band called opal ocean similar kind of vibe to them
Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll check them out.
basejumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:28 pm Yes they are great. I've spoke about them on here before. Hope to go see them at some point!
They're great live. Incidentally, they blast The Pot over the PA right before they hit the stage.