Intronaut

Music in all its forms and styles
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Intronaut

Post by The Boss »

First time I ever saw a squirrel was in Missouri. I lost my fucking shit. Awesome animals.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

watched one play with a stick with leaves all over it the other day for a solid 5 minutes before pulling off for my drive to work. the little guy was having a ball! kinda reminds me of what a new Intronaut release would make me feel like.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

NYC squirrels are a bulky and altogether different breed. They're awesome.

My neighborhood has a bizarre overabundance of albino squirrels. It's somewhat isolated by water I guess that plays into it.

We also have lots of porpoise/dolphins here. (And thus, the thread is on topic again...)

REALLY wish I could hit one of the Intronaut 10th Anniversary tour stops. Love Anciients.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

They should do a folk version and call themselves "OUTRONAUT".
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

does anyone think they will record some live goodness on this tour? that would be nice.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Gat. Damn.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Thanks Joey. Seeing them tomorrow night in Oakland @ The Metro, with Rajas. Flub and Isles too, but I'll likely miss them.

Can't wait to see Intronaut again. Excellent live band.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You lucky bastard!!!

Let me know how it is. I'm sure you'll hear lots of new stuff.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Excellent show! I think Intronaut whipped out 4 new tracks and I loved them all. Very small crowd for a decent size venue. I'm sure it was disappointing to the bands, but they played extremely well despite that. Dug Rajas too.

Both bands played less than an hour each, and I would have liked more from Intronaut.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Nice!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Another one.

Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

New album info coming soon. Cannot wait. Just a little mid-day reminder as to why these guys are one of the best bands around. They will be touring in the fall so get out and see em.

[youtube][/youtube]
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ WTF? 1:20. LOULZ

Yep, looking forward to the new disc big time. They just kill live. CM vox and all.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:^ WTF? 1:20. LOULZ

Yep, looking forward to the new disc big time. They just kill live. CM vox and all.
Devin Townsend is producing this one. Not a big fan but his production skills are excellent so I imagine the album is going to sound really good.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yeah, I had a chance to check out DT (notice the initials...) but after checking out some material decided against it. Life is too short.

Glad he's good at production though.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Devin Townsend isn't producing the album, he's just mixing it. Intronaut are going to be in the studio with the same guy who engineered Prehistoricisms and Valley of Smoke.
Don't mow your lawn
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Devin Townsend isn't producing the album, he's just mixing it. Intronaut are going to be in the studio with the same guy who engineered Prehistoricisms and Valley of Smoke.
Thanks for the clarification. Cant wait to hear the album. Sacha said it is heavier. Not entirely sure how I feel about that. Habitual Levitations seemed like a natural progression for them. Regardless I am sure it will be on my album of the year shortlist. Kinda hard for a band of their caliber to get it wrong.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Were in the studio... past tense. Recording is totally done and it's being mixed/mastered now. Comes out in November.

And yeah, he said it's heavier but everything I've heard so far follows a logical progression from their past on through to this. I haven't heard vocals yet though. I posted a video earlier in the thread of one of the new songs being played live, sans vocals. It's the tits.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

joeypants wrote:Were in the studio... past tense. Recording is totally done and it's being mixed/mastered now. Comes out in November.

And yeah, he said it's heavier but everything I've heard so far follows a logical progression from their past on through to this. I haven't heard vocals yet though. I posted a video earlier in the thread of one of the new songs being played live, sans vocals. It's the tits.
Right on. Last update I saw they said the music was complete but the vocals hadn't been recorded yet. Figured the recent facebook post about about info coming soon was foreshadowing a release date but sounds like you already got the inside track on that one. Only confusion I had was Townsend, which Uke cleared up. I thought Townsend was producing, didn't realize he is just mixing.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
joeypants wrote:Were in the studio... past tense. Recording is totally done and it's being mixed/mastered now. Comes out in November.

Right on. Last update I saw they said the music was complete but the vocals hadn't been recorded yet. Figured the recent facebook post about about info coming soon was foreshadowing a release date but sounds like you already got the inside track on that one. Only confusion I had was Townsend, which Uke cleared up. I thought Townsend was producing, didn't realize he is just mixing.
Mog you saw Scale The Summit are laying tracks down too, as we speak. new drummer in the mix, should be interesting.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:

Mog you saw Scale The Summit are laying tracks down too, as we speak. new drummer in the mix, should be interesting.
No I wasn't aware STS were working on a new album. Definitely will check that out. Meshuggah also working on a new album. Good shit on the horizon.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

STS, Meshuggah, Metallica, Tool, Dream Theater, Deftones, Gojira, Soundgarden, Helmet and Corrosion Of Conformity all have albums in the works between now and 2nd quarter 2016. that's some promising shit right there.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Tour just announced today with Between the Buried and Me. Album update and additional shows (headlining) coming soon.