Dillinger Escape Plan - Hi-Fi Melbourne 27 Feb 2014

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Re: Dillinger Escape Plan - Hi-Fi Melbourne 27 Feb 2014

Post by Kittaan »

M0G wrote:Gotta be the screaming. Shame Kittaan cannot get past that. So many incredible bands he is missing out on.
It is a shame on some level, but you like what you like, n'est ce pas?

In the case of DEP, I don't like the writing OR the vocals, and seeing them live just cemented it for me. Sitting though that set was a truly awful live music experience. Completely cringe worthy. As I looked around at others in my section, I was not alone. There were more than a few zoning out or wincing as was I. It was exacerbated as they were sandwiched between Red Fang and Mastodon who both blew them out of the water in terms of musicianship, writing and performing chops.

Yes, they are talented musicians, but that makes little difference in context.

PS - I don't feel bad in the least slamming bands you fuckers dig, you are always shitting all over my faves. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Dillinger Escape Plan - Hi-Fi Melbourne 27 Feb 2014

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote:
M0G wrote:Gotta be the screaming. Shame Kittaan cannot get past that. So many incredible bands he is missing out on.
It is a shame on some level, but you like what you like, n'est ce pas?

In the case of DEP, I don't like the writing OR the vocals, and seeing them live just cemented it for me. Sitting though that set was a truly awful live music experience. Completely cringe worthy. As I looked around at others in my section, I was not alone. There were more than a few zoning out or wincing as was I. It was exacerbated as they were sandwiched between Red Fang and Mastodon who both blew them out of the water in terms of musicianship, writing and performing chops.

Yes, they are talented musicians, but that makes little difference in context.

PS - I don't feel bad in the least slamming bands you fuckers dig, you are always shitting all over my faves. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Fair. Although I rarely slam bands you dig since we dig many of the same bands. Dammit man get over the screaming!

I feel ya though. Sometimes good bands have trouble live and vice versa. I haven't seen DEP live yet so I can't really debate with you on that one. Just felt like a style of metal that you would really dig. Like I said I am not a huge DEP fan. Some of their prior stuff didn't do much for me but as I said, their most recent album made me pay attention. I really, really like One of Us is the Killer. Really is quite a bit of jazz/math in that album.
The most intelligent person on this forum