November 2015 Musical Review

Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Re: November 2015 Musical Review

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:
Capital Decapitation - The Anthropocene Extinction These guys always deliver intense in-your-face metal/grind and this album is no exception. Feels a bit "been there, done that" though. 6/10

Don't you mean "Cattle Decapitation"???
Uncle Acid - The Night Creeper These guys seem to get plenty of good reviews, but I usually find I walk award from listening to them a little uninspired. This album was no real exception. 5/10

Yeah...they're terrible. More or less.

Chris Cornell - Higher Truth Well, it's not as bad as scream, but still nowhere near the classic Euphoria Morning was. 4/10
He's the "Hayden Christensen" of solo performers and really SHOULDN'T venture much further beyond the cosy confines of what he does best ie Soundgarden.

And nuts to you for calling Euphoria Morning a "classic".

Deafheaven - New Burmuda The hipster black metal band everyone loves to hate. This was a pretty good album for a band that doesn't deserve as much flack as they get from people who I doubt have listened to them. 8/10
Nup .Just Nup. And yeah I've listened to them.

Killing Joke - Pylon Never really understood why Killing Joke get the accolades they do. They're a good band, but never heard anything I'd classify as great. 7/10

They are hit and miss. First two albums are essential. Their latter day albums more or less stink the house up. Especially the one Dave Grohl played on. The only good album Killing Joke have put out in the last 25 years was Pandaemonium.

Nowadays they shovel out the same old politically lop sided post punk metal and conspiracy theory arena rousing junk time after time after time....and are about as edgy as Bono wearing purple Nikes. Or an Ozzy Osbourne tele movie.

Also you forgot to review the new Wolf Eyes silly...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris