May 2014 Musical Review

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Re: May 2014 Musical Review

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:Better than the last Mastodon
without a doubt, by far, and every other synonymous term of agreement you can think of
hellboy wrote:Better than the last DEP
are you fucking high? I bet you are ... go seek help and take preventative measures against future use of mind altering substances

It is a better album than I thought it would be ... certainly better than most "super group" records
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The last DEP album was ok, but a long way from their best.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy wrote:Swans - To Be Kind A couple of good tracks, but ultimately repetitive and bland. 6/10

Truckfighters - Universe A couple of good songs, but a little disappointing. 6/10

King Buzzo - This Machine Kills Artists EP Not the full album. Sounds good but probably not something I'd listen to all that often. 7/10

Tomahawk - M.E.A.T Bring back Faith No More. 3/10

Fucked Up - Glass Boys Really don't get the appeal of this band. 4/10

Misery Index - The Killing Gods Grindy metal drum fest. 8/10
Swans: Stoked at first listen especially the immediate tone of the opening track, but agreed, my interest has waned and a month or so later, I'm bored

Truckfighters: agree with your assessment ... not nearly as good as previous releases, but alright, I suppose

King Buzzo: interesting take and likely a great source of output for him, but unlikely to listen to in place of 'electric' Melvins ... still going to see him, cause why the fuck not.

Fucked Up: yes, why does anybody listen to this band ... utter fucking garbage, all of it.

Tomahawk: that or just about any other Patton project (including soundtracks and scores) if this is the output

Misery Index: yet to listen, but sincerely want to check it out ... all reports are positive from those I trust

NEW Reviews not listed:

Agollach - The Serpent and the Sphere

don't think I've listened to any of their releases in a while, andd only got to this once on the NPR stream, but I liked most of it from memory (7/10)

Barrows - Red Giant

actually think this is one Mog posted ... I loved it enough to spend 6 bucks ... solid throughout and I was left wanting 'just one more' track when it was over (8/10)
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining