June 2014 Musical Review

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: June 2014 Musical Review

Post by hellboy »

Maybe. The Yob album is better, but I'm not convinced it's a 9/10. Maybe an 8.5, but I don't like doing half points.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Maybe. The Yob album is better, but I'm not convinced it's a 9/10. Maybe an 8.5, but I don't like doing half points.
I know, right. Might as well just do it out of a hundred, then.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
hellboy wrote:Maybe. The Yob album is better, but I'm not convinced it's a 9/10. Maybe an 8.5, but I don't like doing half points.
Pretty much. The ratings are as much a concept for than a hard of fast this is better than that thing for me. 8/10 has a specific meaning to me, and that's pretty much that it's great, but has a few minor flaws that prevent me from enjoying it in full. Sure, an 8/10 is obviously better than a 7, but not all 8s are equal.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Pretty much. The ratings are as much a concept for than a hard of fast this is better than that thing for me. 8/10 has a specific meaning to me, and that's pretty much that it's great, but has a few minor flaws that prevent me from enjoying it in full. Sure, an 8/10 is obviously better than a 7, but not all 8s are equal.
Totes.

The Boss' Quick Rating Guide:

1/10: A disaster. Just an abortion in every way. Any of those "Verb-ing (Preposition) Proper Noun/Noun" kind of bands. You know what I'm talking about.

2/10: Terrible. Should never have been released. Usually a vanity project.

3/10: Awful. This artist or group is probably deeply cemented in the pop industry, but not in a good way.

4/10: Guilty pleasure territory. Here you'll find AVRIL LAVIGNE and TLC. Absolute shit, but there's a hint of talent.

5/10: Should have been better. You got lazy, kid, and it shows. Mostly a score reserved for the third album from a band who enjoyed monumental success with their first album.

6/10: I find it difficult to get rid of it and never listen to it again. Probably would be listened to a lot whilst drunk. Pretty fucking good from a well-respected band or artist.

7/10: Yeah, boi. Welcome to the club. Yep, that's a HIGH ON FIRE ALBUM over there. That one? Fucking DIDO, bruh. Yeah, give it a whirl, it's awesome.

8/10: Excellent. A truly wonderful album by people who know what the fuck they're doing. A weekly or (at worst) monthly listen.

9/10: Almost a worse score than 7/10. So close to perfection, and yet . . . Yeah, that's mostly KATATONIA over there.

10/10: TOOL. KRISTIN HERSH. Often others, but very dependent on mood. Compulsory to have on hand at all times. Multiple copies in all formats across all devices. Cassette is not out of the question. Strangely, also the most tenuous of scores. Many an album has reached the heady heights of a 10/10, only to drop back down to an 8 or 9.

Much like women, I guess.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.