NBA

Everyone loves sport. If you don't you're a loser!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: NBA

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Russell won 11 rings and was the coach of the team he was playing on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Very true. It was also in a much smaller league and he had a shit load of hall of famers as teammates.

Jordan and Russell don't really get compared, either.

Jordan is generally regarded as the best player.

Russell is the biggest champion. But you gotta take my first sentence into the equation.
Hey! Denty!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:Very true. It was also in a much smaller league and he had a shit load of hall of famers as teammates.

Jordan and Russell don't really get compared, either.

Jordan is generally regarded as the best player.

Russell is the biggest champion. But you gotta take my first sentence into the equation.
Oh don't get me wrong Rp, I totally agree with you. Jordan is better than lebron. The Russell statement I made was just to emphasize the fact that there is endless comparisons and criteria.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I didn't get to see the game. Do you think the heat would have won if lebunk sucked it up and finished the game? Or were the spurs starting to pull away? I could only follow it on my phone thru shitty game cast occasionally
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Everyone forgets Magic Johnson played with aids, Lebron should have a better excuse than cramps :roll:
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

BlackHole83 wrote:I didn't get to see the game. Do you think the heat would have won if lebunk sucked it up and finished the game? Or were the spurs starting to pull away? I could only follow it on my phone thru shitty game cast occasionally
Their run started while he was still in the game.

Heat were up by 7 when it started, Lebron left for good when SA was up by 2.
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

BlackHole83 wrote:I didn't get to see the game. Do you think the heat would have won if lebunk sucked it up and finished the game? Or were the spurs starting to pull away? I could only follow it on my phone thru shitty game cast occasionally
The Heat would have won. They had all the momentum until LeBron started cramping. Most people don't realize just how hard he works at both ends of the court. Kind of sad a broken arena air conditioner will probably end up being the key to this series. Had the Heat pulled out game one on the road they would have won this series. Now it might go 5, maybe 6 at best.

As for the Jordan flu game comparison it is faulty logic. You can play with the Flu. You can't play when cramps take over. You cant move. Can't knock LeBron on this one.

It's been a good season. This series, however, is done.
The most intelligent person on this forum
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

M0G wrote:
The Heat would have won. They had all the momentum until LeBron started cramping. Most people don't realize just how hard he works at both ends of the court. Kind of sad a broken arena air conditioner will probably end up being the key to this series. Had the Heat pulled out game one on the road they would have won this series. Now it might go 5, maybe 6 at best.

As for the Jordan flu game comparison it is faulty logic. You can play with the Flu. You can't play when cramps take over. You cant move. Can't knock LeBron on this one.

Did the rest of the players on both teams quit playing too? Was Lebunk the only one playing? Don't make excuses for whack ass James. Blaming an air con failure? Fuck that bullshit this is the finals, man the fuck up. They are representing Miami where it gets humid and hot and stinky. However, this series is by far NOT over.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

BlackHole83 wrote:
M0G wrote:

Did the rest of the players on both teams quit playing too? Was Lebunk the only one playing? Don't make excuses for whack ass James. Blaming an air con failure? Fuck that bullshit this is the finals, man the fuck up. They are representing Miami where it gets humid and hot and stinky. However, this series is by far NOT over.
None of the rest of the players cramped. They played less minutes. Have you ever truly cramped from dehydration? Where your entire body goes into one unending cramp? You can't move.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I have actually. It's a bitch, a mother fucking bitch but I recovered, I had no choice. He is an elite athlete, being paid ridiculous coin just to play a game. He has the top medical staff at his will. Dehydrated? He does not know what dehydration is. He should be slamming water days before and up to the game and mad electrolytes during. He most likely will return next game and smash the spurs with a 40 point performance and all this will be forgotten, but this is the finals man come on. I guess that hunger just isn't there the third time around.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Anyway, we can't forget to give the Spurs credit here. They shot something like 90% in the 4th quarter. Absolutely insane.
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ravenpig wrote:Anyway, we can't forget to give the Spurs credit here. They shot something like 90% in the 4th quarter. Absolutely insane.
They shot out of their mind because LeBron wasn't on the floor playing his brand of insane defense. He captains that fucking team defensively more than anything else. They ratchet it up in the 4th quarter. The Heat seemed lost without James going down the stretch.

Look I like and respect the Spurs. They are a great team and I think they will be a deserving champion, but let's call game one for what it is. That "malfunction" cost Miami the game. Granted, you COULD make the argument that Miami's weak bench cost them the game. The Spurs bench is far superior and Popovich was able to rest Duncan and Parker far more often, hence no cramping issues, and they were fresh down the stretch. Bottom line though I doubt LeBron will recover properly by Sunday to be as effective on both ends of the floor and the Spurs will likely blow the Heat out. Coming back to Miami I expect the Heat to pull out at least one game, they are extremely difficult to beat at home. What seems likely is that the Spurs steal one on the road and close it in 5 at home.

Had the AC Incident never happened, the Heat steal game one and I think win this series. They HAD to win game one to have a chance.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:Everyone forgets Magic Johnson played with aids, Lebron should have a better excuse than cramps :roll:
Everyone else was smart enough to just ignore this... but you know how I am.

Magic had, and continues to have H.I.V. Not AIDS. If you don't know the difference, educate yourself.
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Everyone forgets Magic Johnson played with aids, Lebron should have a better excuse than cramps :roll:

Magic had, and continues to have H.I.V. Not AIDS. If you don't know the difference, educate yourself.
"When he had those AIDS..."

-Donald Sterling
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Anyway, we can't forget to give the Spurs credit here. They shot something like 90% in the 4th quarter. Absolutely insane.
They shot out of their mind because LeBron wasn't on the floor playing his brand of insane defense. He captains that fucking team defensively more than anything else. They ratchet it up in the 4th quarter. The Heat seemed lost without James going down the stretch.

Look I like and respect the Spurs. They are a great team and I think they will be a deserving champion, but let's call game one for what it is. That "malfunction" cost Miami the game. Granted, you COULD make the argument that Miami's weak bench cost them the game. The Spurs bench is far superior and Popovich was able to rest Duncan and Parker far more often, hence no cramping issues, and they were fresh down the stretch. Bottom line though I doubt LeBron will recover properly by Sunday to be as effective on both ends of the floor and the Spurs will likely blow the Heat out. Coming back to Miami I expect the Heat to pull out at least one game, they are extremely difficult to beat at home. What seems likely is that the Spurs steal one on the road and close it in 5 at home.

Had the AC Incident never happened, the Heat steal game one and I think win this series. They HAD to win game one to have a chance.
Heat win game 2 and its right back to a series. Im not saying they needed to win game 1. but i do believe they need to win 1 of the first 2
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Blaming a game on air conditioning? Lolz.
I like to poop naked.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

markuspoop wrote:Blaming a game on air conditioning? Lolz.
Um yup. You try playing a Basketball game at that level at that speed at that intensity when it is over 90 degrees on court. In LeBron's case he literally has more responsibility on the court than any other player. He plays the most minutes. Naturally if anyone was going to cramp, it was going to be him. And the Heat lost the game because of it. The Heat lost because LeBron cramped up because the fucking Arena Air Conditioning broke. They should have postponed the game. It was bullshit. The Spurs have a deeper bench and so they could rest Duncan and Parker far more often. The Heat were in complete control until LeBron started cramping.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Minutes played:

Lebron-33

Parker-37

Duncan-33

Ginobili-32

Complete control? They were up by 4 when he started cramping. Down 2 when he left for good.

This isn't even his first time cramping in a Finals game, it happened during the OKC series a couple years ago and the A/C was fine.
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ravenpig wrote:Minutes played:

Lebron-33

Parker-37

Duncan-33

Ginobili-32

Complete control? They were up by 4 when he started cramping. Down 2 when he left for good.

This isn't even his first time cramping in a Finals game, it happened during the OKC series a couple years ago and the A/C was fine.
Minutes played was down because he sat for most of the 4th. Down 2 when he left for good you could already start to see him struggling. His output on both ends of the floor far exceeds Parker, Duncan, or Ginobili. He plays defense like Leonard and dominates offensively. He had 25 points before this started. The Heat would have won that game bottom fucking line.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Oh god, now Mog is stinking up this thread. This is not the first game Lebron has cramped up in a game Mog. It's happened before in well air conditioned arena's. Spurs shot 87% in the 4th quarter. How can 1 man stop that. Spurs won because of their defense and incredible shooting in the 4th. Spurs will win this series because of defense and Greg P is the best coach in the NBA today. I must admit that I can't stand the Spurs because I am a Jazz fan and they can never win in San Antonio. Haha.

Edit: I think Lebron is the best player today. People saying he needs to be a man and play thru the cramps has never had a cramp. You can't play thru that.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan wrote:

Joke
a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yeah I figured. That's why I mentioned that everyone else was smart enough to... ah, never mind.

Jeez, there are some pretty cruel memes going around about poor LeBron's "cramping". Surprised they haven't made their way here yet.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig wrote:Can that comparison go away now?
Not if you keep bringing it UP!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

M0G wrote:The Heat lost
:arrow: moving on....
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

High level play so far in Game 2. It could easily go either way. Go Spurs.