Australian politics thread

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Australian politics thread

Post by tys0n »

I think he said it's Labors fault.
Canned audience laughter
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Calfium Jay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:48 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 am What Christian Slaughter are you referring to? She was pretty quick to empathise with the Sri Lanka bombings

Also this

Didn't mention Christianity or "hatred" against Christianity or any perceived "phobias" against Christianity or standing shoulder to shoulder with our "Christian brothers" like they did with the attacks in Christchurch.

Back then it was all "Islamophobia" and "white supremacists" and "we stand with our Muslims brothers and "we call on the government to take a stand against racism".

Not a fucking word on any of that when it's Muslims killing Christians.

Incidentally, there have been over 5000 attacks on Christian places of worship by Muslims in the last 5 years alone.

Where are the calls of "racism" and "Christianaphobia" from the Left there?

Crickets.
They all have the same script writers. They all parrot the same ideas using the same words. Here are two US 'leaders' using the same new 'Easter Worshippers' term just hours apart. Then many more in the MSM said something similar, conveniently leaving out terms like Christians and churches.
https://townhall.com/columnists/dennisp ... -n2545189

Nobody, is allowed to talk about Notre Dame as a possible attack on Christians either. Within hours of the fire all news outlets were running stories about how it was an accident that sparked the fire. The place was still on fire and they had a narrative ready to go. No investigations had even begun but they all knew it was an accident and were quick to report it. Notre Dame had all kinds of fire detection safeguards including 2 people at all times dedicated to fire alerts and detection. How did they not see this until it was too late? How quickly do 800yr old oak timbers catch fire from just a small spark? How do timbers of that size and density just instantly go up in flames?

Former Notre Dame architect talking about how unlikely it was for this church to catch fire so quickly.

MSM at 7:40pm already saying it was an accident from construction.

No, you cannot speculate on the cause of the fire! We already know it was an accident!

Last edited by basejumper on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor of Lesbian Science
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

1. That's not Australian politics.

2. It wouldn't require much time to determine probable cause. All you really need to know is the general location of where the fire started. An intentional attack would aim for maximum damage and would likely have multiple starting locations to act as both contigencies and to ensure the maximum amount of destruction. If the fire seems to have started at one location and that location is not the optimal starting location for a fire, and also happens to be near where renovations were occurring, then it would not be all that difficult to discern that it was likely an accident and not an act of arson. Especially for those who are trained to investigate these things.

3. Why should you be allowed to speculate on the cause of a fire in a city on the other side of the world? You know nothing. The truth is not found by a bunch of dumb assholes speculating on the internet or a bunch of morons in a Fox newsroom. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for any news/government organization to withhold information for the sake of allowing people to "speculate". As all that shit does is allow dumbasses like yourself to generate and spread bullshit narratives.
Don't mow your lawn
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 pm 1. That's not Australian politics.
True, but that's the direction the thread was going.
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 pm 2. It wouldn't require much time to determine probable cause. All you really need to know is the general location of where the fire started. An intentional attack would aim for maximum damage and would likely have multiple starting locations to act as both contigencies and to ensure the maximum amount of destruction. If the fire seems to have started at one location and that location is not the optimal starting location for a fire, and also happens to be near where renovations were occurring, then it would not be all that difficult to discern that it was likely an accident and not an act of arson. Especially for those who are trained to investigate these things.
True, but did you listen to the interview from the guy who does know people who are on the inside?? There may have been separate origins. You are making assumptions that you know it started in one place.
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 pm 3. Why should you be allowed to speculate on the cause of a fire in a city on the other side of the world? You know nothing. The truth is not found by a bunch of dumb assholes speculating on the internet or a bunch of morons in a Fox newsroom. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for any news/government organization to withhold information for the sake of allowing people to "speculate". As all that shit does is allow dumbasses like yourself to generate and spread bullshit narratives.
So you're saying so called "news programs" like CNBC and their "fire officials" are allowed to speculate while the fire is still burning setting the narrative they want and anyone else who speculates anything different is spouting bs narratives? Personally, I think news programs should just report facts but we all know they report whatever their sponsors tell them to report.
Just because you can't fathom a justifiable reason for 'officials' to withhold information from the public doesn't mean it isn't happening all the time. Also, I don't see the need to start name calling unless of corse it's to make your augment seem more credible by saying everyone else is a dumb asshole. But I think everyone can see that by doing that it actually makes your argument much weaker. Maybe try something different next time.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

HOLY SHIT, a former Notre Dame architect?!?

How old is this guy? How is he still alive?
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

On Anzac day of all days, the Labor party is going to force sex changes on your kids!

Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Just because the political parties have decided not to campaign on ANZAC Day, doesn't mean their masters at New Corp won't on their behalf...
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Calfium Jay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:48 pm
hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 am What Christian Slaughter are you referring to? She was pretty quick to empathise with the Sri Lanka bombings

Also this

Didn't mention Christianity or "hatred" against Christianity or any perceived "phobias" against Christianity or standing shoulder to shoulder with our "Christian brothers" like they did with the attacks in Christchurch.

Back then it was all "Islamophobia" and "white supremacists" and "we stand with our Muslims brothers and "we call on the government to take a stand against racism".

Not a fucking word on any of that when it's Muslims killing Christians.

Incidentally, there have been over 5000 attacks on Christian places of worship by Muslims in the last 5 years alone.

Where are the calls of "racism" and "Christianaphobia" from the Left there?

Crickets.
Where was this outrage for Christians when your idol Varg was burning down churches?

Hmmmmmm
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

He stopped being my idol the day he got out of prison.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

lol
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

And then Scotty lost the election

Canned audience laughter
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

What do you think of this dude, Alexander Downer?

tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

:lol:
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Eh?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

He forgot to include the word "White"
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Sco Mo doesn't come across as racist at all
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:29 am He forgot to include the word "White"

Dumb.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I know, but this whole thread is full of dumb
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

The only thing dumb about this thread is how useless a lot of you guys are at discussing and debating actual policies and how instead you speak in platitudes, this isn't your facebook or twitter accounts lads, give it some thought or just keep your mouth shut.

To paraphrase "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

- Jebus
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So I did my postal vote yesterday, and the hardest part is finding enough parties in the senate that aren't filled with religious climate change denying right wing crackpots.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Pre polling just feels dirty to me, can't wait to grab a snag and stand in line with the filthy commoners of my electorate
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:11 pm Pre polling just feels dirty to me, can't wait to grab a snag and stand in line with the filthy commoners of my electorate
I'd normally agree as my daughters school does the whole democracy sausage and cake stall thing, but out of town this weekend
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 pm So I did my postal vote yesterday, and the hardest part is finding enough parties in the senate that aren't filled with religious climate change denying right wing crackpots.
Yes the Senate offerings were woeful. Finding 6 was a challenge. The legalise hemp party was a shining light.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Felt like I was betraying Bunnings a little this morning when I voted. Still... freedom never tasted so good
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not sure I see the logic behind "betraying" a huge corporate body by supporting a likely community based fundraiser. Sounds like the filthy talk of a Liberal voter.