Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

Ever since the newsletter was released Mog has been posting up a storm, he may say he doesn't care but it's obvious he's excited as hell at the prospect of a new Tool album, hell if he was any more transparent he'd be the father of Kylie & Kendell Jenner.

Hi oh!
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

tys0n wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 am Ever since the newsletter was released Mog has been posting up a storm, he may say he doesn't care but it's obvious he's excited as hell at the prospect of a new Tool album, hell if he was any more transparent he'd be the father of Kylie & Kendell Jenner.

Hi oh!

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I'm leaning towards he's just turned himself into a parody account of his former self , kinda like the evil dead series and is now just taking the piss. At least I hope anyway
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

tys0n wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 am , hell if he was any more transparent he'd be the father of Kylie & Kendell Jenner.

Hi oh!
:lol:
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

If I was more up to date with current pop culture I'd give kudos to what must have a good one but I honestly have no idea who they are
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm assuming cat owners
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Exactly.

Zen it up Mogret. You’re not getting any younger and you don’t need the stress.
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 am Ever since the newsletter was released Mog has been posting up a storm, he may say he doesn't care but it's obvious he's excited as hell at the prospect of a new Tool album, hell if he was any more transparent he'd be the father of Kylie & Kendell Jenner.

Hi oh!
Well played
The most intelligent person on this forum
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G being M0G. No surprise there.

I am most interested in HB confirming that MJK has recorded vocals. At the risk of being completely ignored, ill go ahead and probe a little deeper (thats what she said):

How far along are the 'recorded vocals'?
Has the band already went through the musical adjustment of incorporating the lyrics into the tracks? I know they have mentioned in the past that they usually modify the music to fit the lyrics, and vice versa.
Do we know who/where they plan on mastering the album?
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Agreed. Probe more. Do tell. If there is ever a time
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Thirds! Ignore the silly mog derailing the thread stuff.

Hellboy, please a little more info on how you know Maynard recorded lyrics and thank you for that hot take nugget you gave us. Best news I heard about the new record and Blair could have kept the whole newsletter and just included that Maynard has completed his lyrics, but like a couple of you have said, the whole Tool team is being good to Maynard by not saying anything during the APC tour so people/journalists don’t bug him with questions about the new Tool record. My two cents and can’t wait for next year.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

He's saying they're done. In the can.

Also probably not gonna tell you how he knows.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I know how he knows, but it's a secret so shocking that to reveal it would bring this site crumbling down around us like a sandcastle at high tide.
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

"...this one weird trick..."
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 pm M0G being M0G. No surprise there.

I am most interested in HB confirming that MJK has recorded vocals. At the risk of being completely ignored, ill go ahead and probe a little deeper (thats what she said):

How far along are the 'recorded vocals'?
Has the band already went through the musical adjustment of incorporating the lyrics into the tracks? I know they have mentioned in the past that they usually modify the music to fit the lyrics, and vice versa.
Do we know who/where they plan on mastering the album?
My uninformed guess is that vocals were recorded in the first couple of weeks of October, whilst MJK was hanging around in LA prior to the APC tour kicking off. I think that is why Danny text BMB on the 8th Oct saying that he "REALLY" liked what he heard in the studio that night, and that BMB assumed the recording process was going well for "ALL" involved. AJ also posted some EQ analyser on the 23rd Oct that looks like it has 4 distinct tracks or frequency plots on it, which I assumed were vocals, guitar, bass and drums (I'm not a musician/producer so that might be horribly, horribly wrong). Based on all of this I hope the vocals are recorded in full, and that they have been mixing/adjusting since mid-October and that it should be finished by Christmas and ready to master in the new year.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:18 pm I know how he knows, but it's a secret so shocking that to reveal it would bring this site crumbling down around us like a sandcastle at high tide.
I think we all know that the secret is Hellboy = BMB. :lol:
Professor of Lesbian Science
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, you guys have largely worked it out I think. I asked Blair if there was Maynard on what he heard, and the answer was yes. I didn't ask (nor will I) for further information.

As to where they are at - I'm no expert in the process, but seems likely that the majority of the recording is done. Any further recording at this stage I expect would just be to add a bit of colour and depth to the album. I'd like to think however that's all done, and all that remains is some tweaking of the mix, and sending off to master in January. I expect Maynard will want to be involved in approving the final mix, so don't expect this part to be "done" until after APC wrap up.

I still think an album in April is the most likely scenario, unless Tool take what I'd consider to be an unusual step (for them) of releasing digitally first, and then physically second.

Assuming they go for a traditional physical release, we need to ponder where are they at with artwork? Are they going to do vinyl? I doubt the band is going to take a backwards step in regards to the presentation of their physical release
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

ALRIGHT I KNOW THIS LOOKS BAD, BUT TIMES ARE TOUGH FOLKS. PEOPLE SOMETIMES HAVE TO DO DISTASTEFUL THINGS TO SURVIVE, EVEN IF IT MEANS CONVORTING WITH THE ENEMY. I KNOW WE ARE ALL SHAKEN BY THIS BETRAYAL BUT I THINK IF WE JUST CALM DOWN AND TALK THINGS THROUGH WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS ALRIGHT. JUST BREATHE FOLKS I THINK WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS.
Don't mow your lawn
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:32 pm Well, you guys have largely worked it out I think. I asked Blair if there was Maynard on what he heard, and the answer was yes. I didn't ask (nor will I) for further information.

As to where they are at - I'm no expert in the process, but seems likely that the majority of the recording is done. Any further recording at this stage I expect would just be to add a bit of colour and depth to the album. I'd like to think however that's all done, and all that remains is some tweaking of the mix, and sending off to master in January. I expect Maynard will want to be involved in approving the final mix, so don't expect this part to be "done" until after APC wrap up.

I still think an album in April is the most likely scenario, unless Tool take what I'd consider to be an unusual step (for them) of releasing digitally first, and then physically second.

Assuming they go for a traditional physical release, we need to ponder where are they at with artwork? Are they going to do vinyl? I doubt the band is going to take a backwards step in regards to the presentation of their physical release
You should have just let them continue to speculate it is hilarious. Toolios :roll: I will ease up for awhile and let the circle jerk commence. Wake me up when they actually announce the album is being mastered.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

That Maynard tweet he deleted with the Apple music tag makes me think digital release, just like that small band U2 did with Apple.
Canned audience laughter
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Do you know those weren’t scratch vocals?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm Do you know those weren’t scratch vocals?
I do not, though I'd be surprised if they were.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Came across this a few moments ago:

https://burningshed.com/store/kscope/or ... gory_id=66
O.R.k’s debut recording for Kscope.

On Ramagehead, the line-up of LEF (lead vocals), King Crimson's Pat Mastelotto, Porcupine Tree's Colin Edwin, and Carmelo Pipitone is joined by extra special guest Serj Tankian (System of a Down) on the song Black Blooms.

A product of the band’s collective vision, unique influences and a multi-layered reflection of their powerful and engaging live experience, the album contains all the ingredients of a fiery O.R.k. performance with dark and heavy riffing, mesmeric atmospheres and politically motivated lyrics.

Mixed by Adrian Benavides and three-time Grammy-winning engineer Marc Urselli (U2, Foo Fighters, Nick Cave), and masteried by Michael Fossenkemper, the engineering was by Benavides and Bill Munyon. The cover art comes courtesy of Adam Jones (TOOL, Ghostbusters, Jurassic Park).

CD in sleevepac with a pull-out poster book.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

$1000 says Adam utilizes that exact same software effect for the new Tool album cover.

And $1000 says I complain about it louder than anyone else.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:16 pm $1000 says Adam utilizes that exact same software effect for the new Tool album cover.

And $1000 says I complain about it louder than anyone else.
Deal