Height: 182cm

Re: What are you PLAYING?

Post by hellboy »

242 is a crazy amount of hours for Oblivion in 2018
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

To be fair it was enhanced for the xbox one x.

Also I spent a few days trying to find a cure for vampirism which really shitted me and I almost quit.
Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Vampirism was a bitch from what I remember. Especially since there wasn't anything you could do to defend against it.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I remember attempting a Vampire run through, but found it to be more trouble than it was worth. Still, it's a cool thing for the game to have.

I should get back into Skyrim one day.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Just Cause 4 got a big patch which apparently has addressed SOME of the graphics issues, particularly on console. As pissed as I am about the state of the game at release I am willing to take a look at this update. Apparently it actually did fix a number of issues. I am still skeptical I wasn’t even going to reinstall it on principal but fuck it might as well take a look.
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Life's too short to be pissed at something for more than a week, especially when efforts are made to atone.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Yeah so Just Cause 4 is still fucking garbage on console even after the update. Fuck Avalanche stop worrying about trying to design 200 different ways to blow shit up in your games and start focusing on basic shit like textures and animations and fucking optimization.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Got 2 weeks off and not really feeling RDR2, going to fire up Fallout: New Vegas instead (High speech all day every day).

Play that during the day and watch The Shield Remastered and drink beer during the night.
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Scrap that, Ori and the Blind Forest just came on game pass.
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I thought I was going to be playing a simple and relaxing platformer, not some fucking sadistic piece of shit hard as balls bullshit fucking game.

FUCK

Time for a beer.
Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Git gud
Don't mow your lawn
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is amazing. The Xbox One X enchaned version looks fantastic and the game plays incredibly well. Mechanics are superb, narrative, sound, voice acting all excellent. This game is about as polished as you can ask for on a console. Perfectly optimized. Really a shame the game didn’t sell that well. It needed to be released about two months earlier. It came out in the end of September and that was never going to work with AC Odyssey, Red Dead 2 and CoD all coming out in October.

If anyone hasn’t played this game I highly recommend it even if you are not a big Tomb Raider fan.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

As soon as it is under $30 I'll get it, just like the last two.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Yeah, there's very little reason to pay full price for a Tomb Raider game. The last couple were great, though neither of them strayed from the formula.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:28 am Yeah, there's very little reason to pay full price for a Tomb Raider game. The last couple were great, though neither of them strayed from the formula.
I do not agree at all this is a highly polished extremely high quality game that I would have happily paid full price for but as I mentioned above it got buried by October releases. With AC Odyssey and RDR2 I knew October gaming for me was full. I then expected to dive into Fallout 76 but we know how that turned out. Then JC4 came out and was another dud so I found a window to fit in some games I didn’t expect to get to. I got SOTR for $30 so it was a no brainer. Had SOTR come out a month or two earlier I would have paid full price no problem.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Is SOTR really much different from the last two though? I have no doubt it's of excellent quality, but the last one was certainly a bit of "been there, done that". I'm not convinced it's enough of an improvement to warrant going out and buying it right away. It'll be under $20 within 12 months, so I'm happy to wait for that.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:35 pm Is SOTR really much different from the last two though? I have no doubt it's of excellent quality, but the last one was certainly a bit of "been there, done that". I'm not convinced it's enough of an improvement to warrant going out and buying it right away. It'll be under $20 within 12 months, so I'm happy to wait for that.
Different no but I do think it is the most polished. I keep using that word but it really does best describe the experience. Everything just feels a bit better and looks a bit better. It reminds me of Naughty Dog kind of quality for a game like this that switches so often between cinematics and gameplay.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Was the Thief reboot any good?

I remember the reviews being generally ok, but everybody on the internet hated it.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:26 pm Was the Thief reboot any good?

I remember the reviews being generally ok, but everybody on the internet hated it.
I remember playing the first few levels, and it was fine. Don't recall everyone hating it personally, that was more aimed at Deus Ex Invisible War (which personally I thought was ok).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pm
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:26 pm Was the Thief reboot any good?

I remember playing the first few levels, and it was fine. Don't recall everyone hating it personally, that was more aimed at Deus Ex Invisible War (which personally I thought was ok).
There were quite a few people bitching about how they thought the game was dumbed down, but most of them came to that conclusion before the game came out and so I don't think most of them ended up playing it.

I tried playing Invisible War a long time ago and couldn't figure out how to get out of the first area.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:11 pm
There were quite a few people bitching about how they thought the game was dumbed down, but most of them came to that conclusion before the game came out and so I don't think most of them ended up playing it.

I tried playing Invisible War a long time ago and couldn't figure out how to get out of the first area.
I think a fair number had already made their mind up, as it was using the same engine as DE:IW which had limitations, mostly due to consoles at the time. It definitely didn't have the depth of the original Deus Ex, but it was still an enjoyable game, and one I made it to the end of (which is somewhat of a rarity).

I expect the Thief remake suffered from the same issues.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Crackdown 3 is a lot of fun, I just have a feeling it's going to be short but I don't care, game pass was made for this type of game.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Getting pretty heavily into Astroneer of late. Also Sunless Sky
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Did they spice up the gameplay at all from Sunless Seas?

I liked the stories in that game but the sailing got tedious pretty quickly.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:00 am Did they spice up the gameplay at all from Sunless Seas?

I liked the stories in that game but the sailing got tedious pretty quickly.
I quite like it, but it's very much a polished version of Sunless Seas. Don't expect dramatic change