This "novelty USB card" that is included in the Opiate package...

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

GaryS said
Feel like I'm missing something here...

Are these just blank usb's?

They are.  At least all that have been examined so far are (mine certainly is blank).
GaryS
Maynard Believer

Post by GaryS »

Well, fuck
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

It just seems strange they would include a blank USB. You would think there is something more in the works...
GaryS
Maynard Believer

Post by GaryS »

My bet's on the usb cards being vessels for poisoning  

Be cautious, Tool fans. Peace and luv x
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

GaryS said
My bet's on the usb cards being vessels for poisoning  

Be cautious, Tool fans. Peace and luv x

It's GarySucks!  What the hell turned you into a lurker?

And re: the lame blank USB drive fiasco... it's pathetic.  They should have put SOMETHING on there.  It really should have just contained random shit, different on every drive... even if it was completely unrelated to Tool.  That would have generated all sorts of material for the Tool whack jobs to obsess over.  Would have been priceless.  Missed opportunity.
Ki77aan :twisted:
GaryS
Maynard Believer

Post by GaryS »

I miss my "ucks" 

Not sure, maybe it's the thrill of watching over you all secretively. All behind me now though, I'm out the closet

...heh
jabuddha
Bronco's Fan

Post by jabuddha »

Kittaan said

"the lame blank USB drive fiasco… it's pathetic.  They should have put SOMETHING on there.  It really should have just contained random shit, different on every drive… even if it was completely unrelated to Tool.  That would have generated all sorts of material for the Tool whack jobs to obsess over.  Would have been priceless.  Missed opportunity."

That would have taken tons of effort for the best joke in tool history. I like it.

I'm going to load mine with something. I've been thinking about it. Either a meme photo of Charlie Sheen with "Winning!" on it or that video of Maynard choking the fan out. Maybe both.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think you guys are over analysing this.  Someone probably saw a similarly branded USB card at a conference once and thought this would be a cool thing to do.  Nothing more.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

hellboy1975 said
I think you guys are over analysing this.  Someone probably saw a similarly branded USB card at a conference once and thought this would be a cool thing to do.  Nothing more.

True- It just seems like a real odd thing to put into the packaging, y'know?

bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

I agree that it is probably a useless card seen by a manager who thought it would be cool to use.

Another plausible use could be that maybe they will have a booth at shows where if you have the USB card you get something cool to load on it....  Highly doubtful as it would require effort on the bands management part, but a cool thought none the less.

I will bring mine to the next concert just in case.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA