Leave request

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Leave request

Post by The Boss »

WHITE POWER.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

The Boss wrote:WHITE, POWER of Love.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Professor of Lesbian Science
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

basejumper wrote:

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:UndKeineZwEier mouth fucked his avatar while listening to a Nas mixtape I pm'd him.
So THAT was what that was. I thought she had come to life like in that movie... uh.... um... SPLASH with Tom Hanks or had been possessed by a demon like in that movie Dr. Doubtfire. What a relief! Now I can take her out of the iron maiden.

Hopefully I can return all this holy water....
I think you're talking about Mannequin, not Spalsh
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

The Boss wrote:
basejumper wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

petemasterpete wrote:I think you're talking about Mannequin, not Spalsh
You've just been cheesed, masterPete.
Even I knew he meant 'Mannequin,' but purposely said a similar movie, era-wise, to make the joke seem more, 'real'. And you bought 'Splash'....shall we say...hook line and sinker?

Bravo!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm going away again for a couple of weeks. Foolishly APC have elected to release their new album while I'm off exploring caving in the Nullarbor.

Kittaan will be holding the fort for the time being. If you have any complaints, feel free to send him as many PMs as you'd like. All will be treated with due time and respect.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:I'm going away again for a couple of weeks. Foolishly APC have elected to release their new album while I'm off exploring caving in the Nullarbor.

Kittaan will be holding the fort for the time being. If you have any complaints, feel free to send him as many PMs as you'd like. All will be treated with due time and respect.
Have a great time HB!! Ill be sure to annoy the shit outta Kittaan while youre gone. We'll do our best to keep M0G on a short leash. We will limit the political rants in inappropriate threads to a minimum. We will complain endlessly about Eat The Elephant and what is right/wrong about it, showing no signs of the appreciation that they finally made an album after 13 years.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

@Hellboy - Hope you have a blast mang

@Zimmer - Fuck all republicans

@Fourtheye - Fuck APC

@Kittaan - Let me know if you run out of Depends old man can't have you shitting yourself during your admin duties
The most intelligent person on this forum
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Have fun Hellboy, sounds like fun!

ok... finally we can start the titty thread up again! The world was such a better place when we had that to look forward to.... that and ilikecheese's posts. I miss that randomness. WIll he even return?
Professor of Lesbian Science
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

basejumper wrote: ok... finally we can start the titty thread up again!
Blame basejumper not me
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Can't we not just let Mog run rampant for the week, have political arguments wherever the fuck we want, for gods sake just have a little fun while the principal is on holiday leave. It's like none of you ever had the joy of a relief teacher.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm so so sick of politics, we use to argue policy and now it's all personality, it's garbage.
Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Woah, woah, woah, HB you can't just take off for a few weeks without getting my approval. This is grossly irresponsible and I'm afraid I'm going to have to let you go.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So I'm outta here again, this time to Tasmania for a caving conference near Devonport. I'll be somewhat available during it, but unlikely to do much posting or moderating (unless Tool unload an album on us or something).

Things to look out for:
* The December Newsletter
* See if any clickbait sites pick up on my "news" from last week

Have fun!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Have fun stay safe all that shit. I assume that leaves Kittaan to watch over things? Don't forget to wake him up and made sure he takes his meds. Oh and his glasses he tends to get forgetful in his old age.

Oh and did you really put Eat the Elephant on your top ten list? I expect more out of you.

Happy new year!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

We all have our vices. You actually think that Eminem is ok, which is frankly far more embarrassing.

I will enjoy the trip!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:03 pm We all have our vices. You actually think that Eminem is ok, which is frankly far more embarrassing.

Fair, but I didn't put Eminem in my top ten ;)
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Are you watching me Mogret? Uncannily accurate.

Have fun Matt. I’ll be semi-available as well if necessary.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Have you properly dug into Elephant Mog? I get if people dont dig it, but Thematically that album is a fucking masterpiece.
Oh and have a bloody splendid time away Hboy
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:08 am Have you properly dug into Elephant Mog? I get if people dont dig it, but Thematically that album is a fucking masterpiece.
Oh and have a bloody splendid time away Hboy
Yep I dug into it. Three absolutely AWFUL tracks and one re-used track doesn't constitute a great album. The strong tracks are strong, and Maynard's vocal performance is excellent. But as an album, taken in it's entirety, it is entirely average. No more than a 5 or 6 out of 10. Only three songs stood out to me as excellent. Disillusioned, The Doomed, and So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish. Feathers is good. The Contrarian is okay. TalkTalk is okay but Maynard's choice of vocals and vocal style on it ruin the song for me. (again I thought Jimbo was solid, just not on that track). Hourglass is meh. Eat the Elephant is meh. By and Down the River I refuse to acknowledge at all since it is almost exactly the same as By and Down. The changes are so minimal I cannot believe they actually had the nerve to change the name at all.

Delicious, DLB and Get the Lead out are complete garbage.

That all adds up to an average album, no befitting any top ten list.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Actually, both Delicious and Get the Lead out are a couple of my favorite cuts from the album.

Mog, I don't doubt you'e given EtE a fair go, and appreciate your honest opinions regardless of if we agree. My take on the album is that Billy & Maynard set out to capture a different style to APC than their 90s albums. I wonder sometimes that people don't like it just because it's not another Mer De Noms. Just like Tool ain't doing another Aenima, neither will APC do another 90s alt rock album.

I was actually expecting the album to be as disappointing as eMotive - they certainly dodged that bullet in my opinion, can came up with something that has some interesting ideas.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Doesn’t bother me that ETE was musically different than previous albums. I expected it. There are just some poorly done songs that hurt the album overall. Half the album is very good, at times even excellent. A great album is great from beginning to end. No weak tracks. Mer de Noms and Thirteenth Step are great albums. ETE is not. It is better than Emotive on that I will agree.

Oh and before anyone bitches about off topic fuck right off. Nothing here is on topic. When Tool shit actually starts happening I will stay on topic in those threads.

I am a bit concerned about Kittaan being in charge with Hellboy away. Not sure he can stay awake long enough to get anything done. Plus I imagine internet time is limited in the nursing home :lol:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Wow, I agree with Mog on everything he said above. I must be off my meds!

You nailed it buddy. I will revisit, but doubt my mind will change. Too many skippable tracks to be considered in the same light as the first two, but appreciably better than eMotive. The fact that I needed a reminder to give it another spin says it all.

Off to Seattle today. Be well.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm back from the Tasmanian wilderness! Did you guys miss me?