Puscifer release Bohemian Rhapsody video

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Is this video not proof that he is just trying to be silly with Puscifer. He must be tired of people judging all of his work with extreme seriousness, and wants to be recognized for his sense of humor. Obviously he doesn't take himself as seriously as his fans do.

I personally love this video. It is definitely influenced by Tim and Eric, but he still makes it original.
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

I find it extremely predictable, yes. Maynard's sense of humour has remained the same and although predicting details is impossible the entire atmosphere and concept behind the video is very predictable. Agree or disagree, that's my opinion.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not sure how the video can be considered predictable, but I can understand that people don't like it.
Davvda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Davvda »

Maybe predictable isn't the word I'm looking for but what I'm trying to say is that it's just same old, same old... I adore Maynard as a musician and at times for his humor but this time it feels very forced. I wish I lived in a country where I could experience Puscifer live as it is meant to be experienced. I suspect it beats the recorded releases by miles. Sweden isn't really the best place to make wine so I doubt I'll ever get the chance. Sorry for the extreme offtopic, I'll let this be my last comment on this video.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I reckon Maynard's Freddie boner won't go down, neither.  
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

OK, well. I would've thought that my silence was deafening on this one, but apparently not . . .

Here goes:

Not only do I have to listen to this terrible, bland, cover again, but now I have to interpret "anti-humour"? Is that what's going on?

I'll preface this by saying that a certain friend introduced me to a sample of anti-humour. I didn't get it, but I dug it. It's almost like art for art's sake, yeah? Seriously, help me out, because I'm willing to learn.

I'm getting REALLY FUCKING SICK of the 'Nard dressing up like a priest, a woman, etc etc etc et al to make a point. His whole conceptualisation of humour goes beyond "anti-humour" - it just ends up looking weak. Remember how we all read about (and, nay, might have seen, with some members here) him calling out the Scientology people by "bleeting"? Did it a few times on other occasions too, huh.

The guy dresses up like a "redneck", a "priest", a fuckin' "evangelist" - yeah, cool, we get it. You're out of ideas. These TYPES of people let you down. Please allow me to draw you a picture of all the people who have been fucked over by "types" before, and have handled it with far more eloquence.

. . .

Was he making fun of the keyboardist there, or was that more "anti-humour"? Fuck, it's a safe way to sell your shitty cover and video without offending people, huh. Looks to me like you wish you had the same talent. Can't even cover a song that I've seen drunk twenty-three year olds own. Fuck me.

Cross-dressing. Ha. Camel-toe. Ha.

Fuck me.

Well, it took imagination, to be sure. I suggest to the Rev. 'Nard, that he should stop sampling his own produce. I don't expect TOOL from PUSCIFER - but I expect the same level of conviction and humour that I got from "V IS . . ."

Terrible. 2 'Nards out of 10. (For showing up. This is the system I grade my students on, and I'll be fucked if I'll break it).
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

crow011 said
OK, well. I would've thought that my silence was deafening on this one, but apparently not . . .

Here goes:

Not only do I have to listen to this terrible, bland, cover again, but now I have to interpret "anti-humour"? Is that what's going on?

I'll preface this by saying that a certain friend introduced me to a sample of anti-humour. I didn't get it, but I dug it. It's almost like art for art's sake, yeah? Seriously, help me out, because I'm willing to learn.

I'm getting REALLY FUCKING SICK of the 'Nard dressing up like a priest, a woman, etc etc etc et al to make a point. His whole conceptualisation of humour goes beyond "anti-humour" - it just ends up looking weak. Remember how we all read about (and, nay, might have seen, with some members here) him calling out the Scientology people by "bleeting"? Did it a few times on other occasions too, huh.

The guy dresses up like a "redneck", a "priest", a fuckin' "evangelist" - yeah, cool, we get it. You're out of ideas. These TYPES of people let you down. Please allow me to draw you a picture of all the people who have been fucked over by "types" before, and have handled it with far more eloquence.

. . .

Was he making fun of the keyboardist there, or was that more "anti-humour"? Fuck, it's a safe way to sell your shitty cover and video without offending people, huh. Looks to me like you wish you had the same talent. Can't even cover a song that I've seen drunk twenty-three year olds own. Fuck me.

Cross-dressing. Ha. Camel-toe. Ha.

Fuck me.

Well, it took imagination, to be sure. I suggest to the Rev. 'Nard, that he should stop sampling his own produce. I don't expect TOOL from PUSCIFER - but I expect the same level of conviction and humour that I got from "V IS . . ."

Terrible. 2 'Nards out of 10. (For showing up. This is the system I grade my students on, and I'll be fucked if I'll break it).

I thought he was doing a keyboard cat sort of thing.

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Geez Louise its just a weird video to a bad cover song man. Take a couple of steps back and *ahem* don't forget to breathe
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said
Geez Louise its just a weird video to a bad cover song man. Take a couple of steps back and *ahem* don't forget to breathe

That's what MARK LANEGAN is for.

The fucker is almost meditative in my eyes.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I heard that Blues Funeral album on account of you fawning all over it, thought it was ok. I could hear how you would love it but its just not my thing. Glad I heard it though cause I had no idea who he was.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said
I heard that Blues Funeral album on account of you fawning all over it, thought it was ok. I could hear how you would love it but its just not my thing. Glad I heard it though cause I had no idea who he was.

Well, I guess I have to be OK with that.

Because the God's honest truth is, I think that album is shocking. It definitely woke me up.

But thanks for giving it a chance, man. It means a lot.

(BY THE WAY, fuckers, - "A" and "LOT" are two separate things. Stop butchering our language. Cunts.)

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Cool man, I hear the albums that some of you all rave about. Lately I've heard:

From HB: Faith no More- Angel Dust (its ok)

Mog: (though I admit he just gave me the final push to give them a shot since i intended to since seeing them open for Tool) Intronaut- Prehistoricisms (awesome...a song about Austrolapithecus?...awesome!)

Tyson (assuming Chandler's being serious): Crippled Black Phoenix- A Love of Shared Disasters (will hear soon)
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said
Cool man, I hear the albums that some of you all rave about. Lately I've heard:

From HB: Faith no More- Angel Dust (its ok)

Mog: (though I admit he just gave me the final push to give them a shot since i intended to since seeing them open for Tool) Intronaut- Prehistoricisms (awesome...a song about Austrolapithecus?...awesome!)

Tyson (assuming Chandler's being serious): Crippled Black Phoenix- A Love of Shared Disasters (will hear soon)

You might want to check out The Real Thing, I think it's better introduction to Faith No More than Angel Dust.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Faith no More is one of those bands that I've heard a lot (Crow is smiling somewhere) but I never actually heard a full album, before thus one obviously.

I'll give that one a whirl as well though.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig said
Faith no More is one of those bands that I've heard a lot (Crow is smiling somewhere) but I never actually heard a full album, before thus one obviously.

I'll give that one a whirl as well though.

"ANGEL DUST" is one of the finest albums you'll ever hear.

But still, fuck Patton.

Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I was referring to my use of "a lot".
Hey! Denty!