Opiate 21st Anniversary reissue on sale to the public

cubanpete
Maynard Believer

Post by cubanpete »

Do we have any idea when the rerelease will begin shipping?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

cubanpete said
Do we have any idea when the rerelease will begin shipping?

I checked my bank account today, and I've been charged, so my guess is they will start leaving the warehouse on Tuesday.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

your tuesday? or my tuesday?

go taff!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Tuesdays don't belong to him or you.

They belong to everyone
Hey! Denty!
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

good point pig

go taff!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I presume Easter Monday is also a public holiday in the US?  That being the case I don't see them being shipped until Tuesday.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said
Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I presume Easter Monday is also a public holiday in the US?  That being the case I don't see them being shipped until Tuesday.

you presume wrong... back to work you good for nothing cock stains
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

petemasterpete said

hellboy1975 said

you presume wrong... back to work you good for nothing cock stains

Wikipedia seems to say it's only used as a holiday in select areas of the US.  That being the case I can say with complete confidence that if anyone over there takes the day off to celebrate the day after of the resurrection of our Lord and savior it'd be the Tool merch dudes
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Also what the mother fuck.  Explain this Pete:

Buffalo
The world's largest organized Dyngus Day celebration occurs in Buffalo, New York. In Buffalo's eastern suburbs and the city's Historic Polonia District, Dyngus Day is celebrated with a high level of enthusiasm. Although Dyngus Day was celebrated in traditional Polish neighborhoods of Buffalo dating back to the 1870s, modern Dyngus Day in Buffalo had its start with the Chopin Singing Society. Judge Ann T. Mikoll and her late husband Theodore V. Mikoll held the first party at the Society's clubrooms in the Buffalo Central Terminal. The Society left the East Side in the 1980s and moved to new clubrooms in nearby Cheektowaga, where the festival attracted a new generation of revelers. In recent years, the focus of Buffalo's Dyngus Day celebration has returned to the Historic Polonia District in the form of large parties at the Buffalo Central Terminal, St. Stanislaus - Bishop & Martyr Church, the Adam Mickiewicz Library and Dramatic Circle, and at many family-owned Polish taverns. The World's First Dingus Day Parade, inaugurated in 2006, makes its way through the Polonia District from the Broadway Market to Buffalo Central Terminal. In 2008, the parade attracted more than 25,000 people.[9] In 2012, it was reported that more than 50,000 revelers attended Dyngus Day events.[10]

In 2006, two-time Grammy Award nominated Polka band Jerry Darlak & the Touch recorded the "Everybody's Polish on Dyngus Day" polka. "The polka is meant to capture the uniqueness of the Buffalo Dingus Day celebration," explained the song's composer, Ray Barsukiewicz. Lyrics include references to pussy willows, the sprinkling of water, polka dancing and parties that last until daylight. That same year, Lenny Gomulka and the Chicago Push released the "Dingus Day in Buffalo Polka" to recognize Buffalo's time-honored traditions. Gomulka is regarded as one of the nation's premiere polka stars, having been nominated for 11 Grammy Awards.

In 2007, the world's oldest working fireboat, the Edward M. Cotter, received the honor of being named the "World's Largest Dyngus Day Squirt Gun". "This could explains [sic] why the Cotter is painted red & white," said Marty Biniasz, alluding to the colors of the Polish flag and the Cotter's current livery. "It's only right that The Dyngus Day Capital of the World should have the World's Largest Squirt Gun. We are proud to now make Buffalo's most-loved ship part of our Dyngus Day Buffalo tradition."

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Easter Monday? lol. Good Friday was a holiday in the U.S., that could be the reason for the delay but Monday was not a holiday in any way shape or form.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

@HB...CJ29 is also well versed in Dyngus Day.  From what I gather, those Buffalonians love any reason for a drinking holiday.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I didn't know they gave Grammys to Polka Bands.
Don't mow your lawn
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

There is no such thing as Easter Monday. I assume you are not a church goer
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

today (Tuesday) is April Fool's Remembrance Day and the post office is shut down in the the states so I'd imagine they won't ship out until tomorrow
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said
Also what the mother fuck.  Explain this Pete:

Buffalo
The world's largest organized Dyngus Day celebration occurs in Buffalo, New York. In Buffalo's eastern suburbs and the city's Historic Polonia District, Dyngus Day is celebrated with a high level of enthusiasm. Although Dyngus Day was celebrated in traditional Polish neighborhoods of Buffalo dating back to the 1870s, modern Dyngus Day in Buffalo had its start with the Chopin Singing Society. Judge Ann T. Mikoll and her late husband Theodore V. Mikoll held the first party at the Society's clubrooms in the Buffalo Central Terminal. The Society left the East Side in the 1980s and moved to new clubrooms in nearby Cheektowaga, where the festival attracted a new generation of revelers. In recent years, the focus of Buffalo's Dyngus Day celebration has returned to the Historic Polonia District in the form of large parties at the Buffalo Central Terminal, St. Stanislaus - Bishop & Martyr Church, the Adam Mickiewicz Library and Dramatic Circle, and at many family-owned Polish taverns. The World's First Dingus Day Parade, inaugurated in 2006, makes its way through the Polonia District from the Broadway Market to Buffalo Central Terminal. In 2008, the parade attracted more than 25,000 people.[9] In 2012, it was reported that more than 50,000 revelers attended Dyngus Day events.[10]

In 2006, two-time Grammy Award nominated Polka band Jerry Darlak & the Touch recorded the "Everybody's Polish on Dyngus Day" polka. "The polka is meant to capture the uniqueness of the Buffalo Dingus Day celebration," explained the song's composer, Ray Barsukiewicz. Lyrics include references to pussy willows, the sprinkling of water, polka dancing and parties that last until daylight. That same year, Lenny Gomulka and the Chicago Push released the "Dingus Day in Buffalo Polka" to recognize Buffalo's time-honored traditions. Gomulka is regarded as one of the nation's premiere polka stars, having been nominated for 11 Grammy Awards.

In 2007, the world's oldest working fireboat, the Edward M. Cotter, received the honor of being named the "World's Largest Dyngus Day Squirt Gun". "This could explains [sic] why the Cotter is painted red & white," said Marty Biniasz, alluding to the colors of the Polish flag and the Cotter's current livery. "It's only right that The Dyngus Day Capital of the World should have the World's Largest Squirt Gun. We are proud to now make Buffalo's most-loved ship part of our Dyngus Day Buffalo tradition."

Smingus Dingus is the name for Easter Monday in Poland and the diaspora. All countries practice a unique custom on this day. In Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic[3] traditionally, early in the morning boys awake girls by pouring a bucket of water on their head and striking them about the legs with long thin twigs or switches made from willow, birch or decorated tree branches. Another related custom, unique to Poland, is that of sprinkling bowls (garce) of ashes on people (starts men on women) or houses, celebrated a few weeks earlier at the "półpoście." This custom is almost forgotten, but still practices in the area around the borders of Mazuria and Masovia.

I remember growing up in Eastern Europe and all the teens would drop buckets full of water on passers by from apartment windows - especially young girls. Its one of those days to have a bit of fun once the traditional Easter days are over. You might think this is an odd custom but the same could be said of Europeans thinking Aussies are a little weird too- "People enjoy outdoor sporting events, such as the Oakbank Easter Racing Carnival in South Australia, Australian Three Peaks Race in Tasmania as well as the Stawell Gift." Racing Carnivals during Easter? WTF?!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

brewdog123 said

It's a public holiday.  I'm not a church goer, but am happy to not work should some idiot want to have some wierd religious celebration.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

hellboy1975 said

brewdog123 said

It's a public holiday.  I'm not a church goer, but am happy to not work should some idiot want to have some wierd religious celebration.

Says the Freemason...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

doors said

hellboy1975 said

brewdog123 said

Says the Freemason...

He has a point, Hellishboi . . .

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'm all for masonic public holidays as well...
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Monday is not a holiday in my part of the woods, and my CC was charged yesterday.  Hopefully they are leaving the warehouse today.  Does anyone know if they usually provide a tracking number for the shipments?  I've never purchased anything off of TA before.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The post office looks for any reason to have an off day.  They're having cash problems.

When I was in grade school we got the Monday after Easter off because it was considered a travel day, not a holiday.  It would be kind of like having class the day after Christmas, probably half empty classrooms led by mostly substitute teachers.

Hey! Denty!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Been emailing merch about the problem they asked me about and still haven't heard anything back. Gimme a fuggin break
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

crow011 said

doors said

hellboy1975 said

brewdog123 said

Says the Freemason...

He has a point, Hellishboi . . .

Wait, they are religious?

petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

badkittygothgirl said
@HB...CJ29 is also well versed in Dyngus Day.  From what I gather, those Buffalonians love any reason for a drinking holiday.

@HB: THIS... and also the whole large polish contingency that settled in the area is all I know... have never participated in any of the pagentry affairs... also, I usually just heavily sedated myself on alcohol for the sake of doing so, regardless of the dayr.  

Every day is a drinking holiday in Buffalo. Naming the day just provides accepted reason to get absolutely pissed in public (think of it as Australia Day in Buffalo, except all year round)

EDIT: also worth noting that I've been on the Edward M. Cotter before and Buffalo Central Terminal is fucking awesome!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

petemasterpete said

Every day is a drinking holiday in Buffalo. Naming the day just provides accepted reason to get absolutely pissed in public 

If I remember correctly, there are more bars per capita in Buffalo than anywhere in the U.S.  Why?  Because there is nothing to do in Buffalo but drink.