Post by joeypants »

I stand corrected. Bring on the donuts.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan wrote:
M0G wrote: In defense of Tyson...it did make me chuckle...reminded me of days gone by. All good family reunions involve some friendly needling ;)
Not only that, but Tyson has been on his best behavior in history. Cut him a bit of slack HB. We all remember what he’s capable of, so this is pretty impressive.

Reading that back, it sounds kind of condescending. Not intended. I like having you back Tyson.
I'm not overly upset, and a bit of ribbing is fine. The concern is more that it comes from a know troller, and aimed at someone who is easily provoked. Let's keep it civil, and note that there are other threads and sub-forums more appropriate for trolling.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I don't think Mog is easily provoked. I mean, I called him a retard (with love) on multiple occasions and he never once retaliated.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Given the history, I can understand where you coming from but a little bit of argy bargey is down right welcomed by me... YOU CLAUDE!
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Anyways who cares about the music, I wonder what the segues will be.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

If it's a one disc effort I hope they're kept to a very bare minimum
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I hope there's an Intension 2.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Maynard: Sturmprecht! Sturmprecht! I'm hearing it...in spades now.

Baressi: Get out of here! You joker! I have....wait...seven of those.

Maynard: *mouths* Is it like this?

Baressi: Iron. Let's record this for May. Cut the audio - paste. Done.

Maynard: I'm reading that! The Fourtheye forum lights up...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I hadn’t seen this. Evil Joe seems like a very cool and interesting dude. It made me like and respect him even more, and happy he’s involved again. I like his experimental side, like a young kid still very much involved and evolving at his craft. There are a few tidbits on Tool, and a bunch of others on cool related bands.

Also Hellboy I have had two usernames for far too long, Intension - I can only log into on the main page which I have used since around 2010 and this captshipwreck I can only use on the forum. Anyway I don’t have to log into both for seperate pages? It’s given me zero street cred. But, more importantly I’m happy to see convos finally heating up again!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Busty McCracken wrote:What the hell's a Gigahorse?

And that's funny Children coz my favourite songs of 10K days are easily WIngs 2 & Rosetta. Goes to show how ya can't please everyone I suppose. Also i have in the back of my head that Puscifer Instagram mentioned not long ago they were working on new tunes also.
Yeah Wings 2 is easily one of my favorites. It's up there with D/R/T and Third Eye. All of those took years to full appreciate so I understand how casual listeners wouldn't care for it. 10,000 Days was really a dense record. There was a lot of information to process. Even Vicarious had kind of a different rhythm that didn't grab me immediately. There is a level of dynamics between the instruments that does not exist on any of the other records, where you get a sense of how they actually sound live. You can hear the dimensions that are created in the spaces between and it is magical. I think that's exactly what they were going for and they will continue that on the next record I am sure (especially with Baressi being involved again). It took some herbal medicine (and maybe something a little stronger) with some quality headphones to get into the right state of mind to take in the experience properly. But once you tap into the frequency that TOOL is operating on, it just sucks you into it and takes you to another place. Not a lot of bands can do that.

I feel that there is a thread that ties throughout the albums. H. and Pushit seem to be cut out of the same fabric that became the tone of most of Lateralus. 10,000 Days furthered that tribal and ethereal feel but with a darker atmosphere, with songs like Wings1+2 and Intension/Rn2 and Jambi that had so much depth dynamically.
The tone of 10,000 Days is like the opposite of Lateralus. The pristine, almost flawless, sound of it makes you feel as if you are reaching an enlightened state; like it takes you straight from prying open your third eye into what it actually feels like once your pineal gland is open and activated to its fullest extent. Then you experience ego death by the time you get to the end of Reflection.

On 10,000 Days you start from the ground up from ego death and are reconstructing your worldview and searching for the truth through this new perspective and seeing reality for what it actually is, which is a gritty, hopeless dystopia especially in other parts of the world where children are starving to death, or getting bombed, or worse. Initially you focus on all the death and destruction you see around you and it wakes you up to a harsh reality when you pull your head out of your hippie haze and realize the universe is hostile and impersonal. You must do what it takes to survive. You must keep yourself centered so you can resist the dark temptations and not let yourself be divided. From there you are ready to continue your journey and face the world head on. You see the lies and corruption and hypocrisy within religion and the government and the ignorant people who have fallen victim to the deception and the thousands of years of damage that has been caused by it. You fall deeper into the rabbit hole until you have a revelation of truth that shatters your mind. You try to tell the world of your discovery, but you can't remember what it was. Your mental state deteriorates to the point where you get locked away in an asylum. You realize you will never know the truth to this reality and lose your mind completely. Through insanity you find God within yourself and see the true nature of reality; that we are pure light and will return to one. You see how humanity has separated itself from God and that is what is causing all of the problems in the world. You wonder when we will learn to stop fighting and live in peace. Finally, you die and ascend to heaven, and that is where we are left off for the next record to start. It will be quite an album opener to begin at the point of ascension.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

:shock: Children :shock:
I had to read your post twice - not because I didn't understand it - but because it was so good. I, also, hope that you are correct in your assumption that the next album opener will begin at the point of ascension. Although, I'm not quite sure Maynard is going to be on that same page. 10,000 Days had some of the most beautiful lyrics to date, but also had some very somber moments as well. The world has become an even darker place since he last put pen to paper for Tool. As he is still a sentient being with compassion and sensitivity, I would be surprised if we do not have more apocalyptic and dystopian themes on the new record.
I am excited for the members of Tool. It must be such an exhilarating feeling - probably more so than ever - to finally get back in the studio with each other after so long. I'm also excited for Fourtheye and the excellent contributions and debates that are happening again. We have a good community here. It's nice to see some old faces gracing this site now that there is some actual activity happening. I look forward to experiencing the next cycle with all of you.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
M0G wrote: In defense of Tyson...it did make me chuckle...reminded me of days gone by. All good family reunions involve some friendly needling ;)
Not only that, but Tyson has been on his best behavior in history. Cut him a bit of slack HB. We all remember what he’s capable of, so this is pretty impressive.

Reading that back, it sounds kind of condescending. Not intended. I like having you back Tyson.
I'm not overly upset, and a bit of ribbing is fine. The concern is more that it comes from a know troller, and aimed at someone who is easily provoked. Let's keep it civil, and note that there are other threads and sub-forums more appropriate for trolling.
I'm quite fine and am happy Tyson is back around. Take a breather my friend. All is well.

@Bill - Love you too

@children - k

@Busty - Agreed. Minimal segues. From everything they have said about song length and amount of material seems like there won't be much room for segues anyway.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

children wrote:

And that's funny Children coz my favourite songs of 10K days are easily WIngs 2 & Rosetta. Goes to show how ya can't please everyone I suppose. Also i have in the back of my head that Puscifer Instagram mentioned not long ago they were working on new tunes also.
Yeah Wings 2 is easily one of my favorites. It's up there with D/R/T and Third Eye. All of those took years to full appreciate so I understand how casual listeners wouldn't care for it. 10,000 Days was really a dense record. There was a lot of information to process. Even Vicarious had kind of a different rhythm that didn't grab me immediately. There is a level of dynamics between the instruments that does not exist on any of the other records, where you get a sense of how they actually sound live. You can hear the dimensions that are created in the spaces between and it is magical. I think that's exactly what they were going for and they will continue that on the next record I am sure (especially with Baressi being involved again). It took some herbal medicine (and maybe something a little stronger) with some quality headphones to get into the right state of mind to take in the experience properly. But once you tap into the frequency that TOOL is operating on, it just sucks you into it and takes you to another place. Not a lot of bands can do that.

I feel that there is a thread that ties throughout the albums. H. and Pushit seem to be cut out of the same fabric that became the tone of most of Lateralus. 10,000 Days furthered that tribal and ethereal feel but with a darker atmosphere, with songs like Wings1+2 and Intension/Rn2 and Jambi that had so much depth dynamically.
The tone of 10,000 Days is like the opposite of Lateralus. The pristine, almost flawless, sound of it makes you feel as if you are reaching an enlightened state; like it takes you straight from prying open your third eye into what it actually feels like once your pineal gland is open and activated to its fullest extent. Then you experience ego death by the time you get to the end of Reflection.

On 10,000 Days you start from the ground up from ego death and are reconstructing your worldview and searching for the truth through this new perspective and seeing reality for what it actually is, which is a gritty, hopeless dystopia especially in other parts of the world where children are starving to death, or getting bombed, or worse. Initially you focus on all the death and destruction you see around you and it wakes you up to a harsh reality when you pull your head out of your hippie haze and realize the universe is hostile and impersonal. You must do what it takes to survive. You must keep yourself centered so you can resist the dark temptations and not let yourself be divided. From there you are ready to continue your journey and face the world head on. You see the lies and corruption and hypocrisy within religion and the government and the ignorant people who have fallen victim to the deception and the thousands of years of damage that has been caused by it. You fall deeper into the rabbit hole until you have a revelation of truth that shatters your mind. You try to tell the world of your discovery, but you can't remember what it was. Your mental state deteriorates to the point where you get locked away in an asylum. You realize you will never know the truth to this reality and lose your mind completely. Through insanity you find God within yourself and see the true nature of reality; that we are pure light and will return to one. You see how humanity has separated itself from God and that is what is causing all of the problems in the world. You wonder when we will learn to stop fighting and live in peace. Finally, you die and ascend to heaven, and that is where we are left off for the next record to start. It will be quite an album opener to begin at the point of ascension.
DUDE WEED LMAO
Canned audience laughter
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I hope Shpongle gets a feature on the new record 8-)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Thats some deep shit right there Children.. I just thought those songs sounded killer ai :lol:

Funnily enough on my very first listen of 10K days the album, wings 2 stood out to me the most by far and to this day is still my fav off the album. When that bass line kicks in around the 5:30 mark , i just remember having a massive shit eating grin on my face. Saying that i am a bass player so that probably helped with the instant attraction. Speaking of bass playing Rosetta stoned is by far the hardest song to learn chancellor has laid down. Absolute bitching song musically
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

children wrote:

Nice try Blair. You aren't fooling us.

Well written children. Cool read. Can't wait for new tool

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

I think it is also important to note how much the death of MJK's mother played into the lyrics and overall mood of 10,000 days. The album, understandably, has a more somber tone to it than say Lateralus or Aenima which, while still dark and heavy, have a "brightness" to them while 10,000 days is definitely darker tone overall. Going back to Undertow & Opiate, you really the anger and grittiness of their attitude at that time of their lives.

If I am in a bad mood, I will generally go to Undertow or Opiate. If I want to get pumped up and high energy I play Lateralus or Aenima. If I want to chill, wind down and be more introspective I will listen to 10,000 days or Salival. Of course there are days when I am coding that I will just play all the albums back to back.

I am certainly anxious to hear what 12-13 more years of life experience will sound like from the boys.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I think it is also important to note how much death mood of 10,000 days, the album. Understandably, Lateralus or Aenima have a "brightness" to them while overall.
If I am in a bad mood, I want to get pumped up and high energy and be more introspective I will Salival. Of course there are days when I am coding.

I am certainly anxious to hear what 12-13 more boys will sound like.
What you're saying is not altogether and I think your heart's in the right places.
More attitude? Unlikely to happen, as he fixates on those aspects. Themes of ritual abuse, sex, empowerment, religious devotion and hidden circles are most notable in each added chapter and there's no reason to believe that future arrangements will stray from this path. Certain to see more negative space but used aggressively and not offhand. Wouldn't be surprised if it raises pulses within the more conservative media. But let's hope it wields. I did.

---

shade
Maynard Believer

Post by shade »

Update from Blair, essentially summarizing things that we know at this point:
Who’s ready for some major breaking news? Brace yourself; get ready… okay, here we go. We are very excited to announce what is sure to be welcome news for both fans of TOOL and prog-metal enthusiasts in general. After all the years of writing and arranging (and re-arranging) at the band’s loft, I can at this time officially report that the guys have moved into a major studio where the recording process for the next album is about to begin in earnest. For the past few days the band members have been getting sonically adjusted to their new surroundings - dialing in the equipment settings and restaurant catering choices - in preparation for Danny to begin his tracking any time now – perhaps by the time that you read this!

I am also excited to announce that ‘evil’ JOE BARRESI will once again have his capable fingers at the engineering controls for what will certainly be another masterful TOOL offering by the talented team. Pinch yourself if you want, but I have been told that all systems are GO at this point for the upcoming sessions.

I will be posting periodic bits and pieces on the progress of the tracking once the guys get deeper into the recording process, and hope that all of you will keep checking back to the official website for these updates. In the meantime, be sure to also visit the individual band members’ sites and socials (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) for more inside glimpses as TOOL prepares for the next stage in their musical odyssey.
https://www.toolband.com/news/451933/to ... rding-news
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Shade posts are so much better than Shit posts.

Where is the BMB signature though?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Happy Trails, Bill.

As usual, BMB is a dollar late and a day short on the breaking news. But it’s hardly his fault.

Welcome “news” regardless.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Wattup tho, Kittaan. I'm actually happy to see Blair make an official announcement on the website. He's been missed, and I'm sure he's going to put out some stellar newsletters now that he has some actual Tool news to support his ramblings.

Hey Mog - It's your night.
M0G wrote:
When Blair posts on toolband.com that they are actually recording i will pay attention.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

I hope ‘Day 2’ went well!
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote:Wattup tho, Kittaan. I'm actually happy to see Blair make an official announcement on the website. He's been missed, and I'm sure he's going to put out some stellar newsletters now that he has some actual Tool news to support his ramblings.

Hey Mog - It's your night.
M0G wrote:

When Blair posts on toolband.com that they are actually recording i will pay attention.
Bout damn time they made it official. Well good for them. Still don't see this thing coming out this year. Good news nonetheless. Now wake me up when they announce a release date.
The most intelligent person on this forum