Geacon

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman »

Guys, I told ya...

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

well for Adam, hes being more direct. ''mockingbeat'' and putting ''new packaging'' didnt leave it too elite. is this real? its not real. u almost got me!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Expecting a CEO of a company to be good at whatever they are selling/servicing/etc is a fools errand.

Get a fucking grip.
Canned audience laughter
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm
Kittaan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:16 pm Dude’s playing would seriously benefit from playing to a beat of some kind. You have to have impeccable time to play that heavily rhythmic style with no reference. I wager he’s much better than he came off just playing that off the cuff.

Besides, he’d better be spending more of his time being a CEO than woodshedding.
He did pretty good (with no rhythm behind him) Kind of sloppy, but 100% better than I would have done. I think he is just trying to show that he is a Adam Jones fan. I think he is taking Gibson to a great level of quality.
I think he's the reason there is an Adam Jones signature. Him and Adam are bro's on IG. To Gibson's credit, they released a guitar to a rabid fanbase and sold them all out quickly. Why no one at Gibson ever decided to tap into it before this is beyond me.....
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Cesar Gueikian seems like a cool dude, and I think it's just incredibly impressive that Gibson replaced those stolen guitars.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

That is pretty cool. Did they ever find the 13 missing ones? Someone just had 13 Silverbursts hanging out
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:25 am That is pretty cool. Did they ever find the 13 missing ones? Someone just had 13 Silverbursts hanging out
I don't think those stolen guitars have been recovered yet. I imagine it's really just a matter of time until they surface in some way though.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Not sure how new this is, but it was pointed out that the merchandise you receive with the Tool Army membership has changed: new t-shirt design, a Wall Flag, an Enamel Pin, and a different Keychain.

Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

hellboy wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:07 pm
Sprout wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:45 pm How is the president of Gibson so shit at guitar, can barely keep time wtf. Is that irony?
Wow harsh critic. I guess you've never heard me play guitar then.
He's no guitar hero, but a long was from "so shit"
Since seen his other attempts on IG, I stand by what I said.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

nxrm wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 am Not sure how new this is, but it was pointed out that the merchandise you receive with the Tool Army membership has changed: new t-shirt design, a Wall Flag, an Enamel Pin, and a different Keychain.

it's kinda stupid, but i'd take that keychain over the plastic one. i feel like the plactic one will fall apart if you actually use it
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't mind the grey logo actually
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

people complained about the original t shirt cause it looked like red electrical tape stuck on a t-shirt, i didnt mind it but i get why its not liked. This new one has a more proper image of the logo like most shirts do. The wall flag is cool. i like it when it doesnt have the band name plastered all over it.

they still put ''los angeles,,ca'' on the arm sleeve.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:37 pm they still put ''los angeles,,ca'' on the arm sleeve.
My understanding (when that started) was that it was some form of bootleg counter-measure to prove it's official merch.
Bootleggers won't spend the money/time needed to print something on the sleeve.
I heard that somewhere. I don't know if that's the actual reason for it, though.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 pm
bob wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:37 pm they still put ''los angeles,,ca'' on the arm sleeve.
My understanding (when that started) was that it was some form of bootleg counter-measure to prove it's official merch.
I heard that somewhere. I don't know if that's the actual reason for it, though.
i remember the cardboard tags on the Lateralus shirts saying 'an official tool product'' or whatever the words where. i think i have one somewhere or i tossed it eventually. i took it off a shirt i saw in a store, haha. i already had lots of tool shirts bought officially (still have them all) so i thought it was an ok move.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

junior wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 pm
That's funny. Speaking of bootletters, when I went to the 2001 tool show at the Wiltern, i was pretty poor. So I bought a tool necklace at the merch booth, but couldn't afford anything else. After the show, I bought 2 or 3 Tool shirts right outside. I knew they weren't legit, but I didn't have enough money for the real merch. I think these shirts are still hanging in my closet, but I think if I wash them - they will probably fall apart.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

How could you Bobby, you'd look like a fucking poser wearing bootleg shit.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:42 am How could you Bobby, you'd look like a fucking poser wearing bootleg shit.
bahah, sometimes bootleg shirts are funny though. i had a Cult t-shirt from a show i saw many years ago. i bought an official one but picked up this other one outside for 10. they spelt winnipeg wrong on the back ''winpeg'' or something like that. we had some fun with that one over that.

the tool hamilton show in 2017 the scumbags were selling them before the show. Talk about getting more nervy doing it before like that. they were selling out too, geeze.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Well, bootlegs, I'm wearing Vans, no 501.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Update for Tool Army members:

NEW MERCH ALERT FOR TOOL ARMY MEMBERS

So as not to miss an opportunity to get a new release of select TOOL MERCH available exclusively to the corps d’ elite (i.e. TOOL ARMY) here’s a heads up that these new items will be released on FRIDAY, APRIL 16 starting at 12:00 PM (PST) in the Tool Army Store. As mentioned in the forthcoming TA email, this includes a limited number of NEW specialty items, as well as a restock in sizes of the TOOL V HOODIE and NEW CITIES AVAILABLE for the TOOL 2020 VIP BACKPACK. Those interested might consider signing up to take advantage of this sale… and then setting your alarm.

Membership link:
https://toolband.com/tool-army/
Tool Army store
https://toolband.com/exclusive-products/
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:42 am How could you Bobby, you'd look like a fucking poser wearing bootleg shit.
I know, right? That was the only time I have bought any bootleg stuff (such poor quality). Don't worry, I'll make it up to Tool. There will be some new merch on Friday and I'll give them some of my money.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Just what I always wanted, a 2014 VIP TShirt.
Canned audience laughter
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

tys0n wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:54 pm Just what I always wanted, a 2014 VIP TShirt.
Ah, that's a brilliant Fourtheye Secret Santa gift idea. :D
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:54 pm Just what I always wanted, a 2014 VIP TShirt.
Me too Tyson!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

or a Tool USB charger for that special someone in your life
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

That is WICKED!