Ask Blair About Hydroponics Stuff!

The Main Event
cultiv8420
Bronco's Fan

Re: Ask Blair stuff!

Post by cultiv8420 »

Blair,
It is no secret that you insert clues into your posts/newsletters about all things Tool. Have you ever made any band members angry by giving away too much info (albeit cryptically)? Or are they pretty happy with you throwing a bone to any fan determined or smart enough decode your posts?
-cultiv
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Hey Blair- what's The Deal?
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Will there be another podcast with the new album?
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

If you're going to be in AZ for Monster Mash. You want to get a Taco Pizza from Happy Joe's?
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Blair: what's your take on the Tom Brady verdict?

And the Raiders fucking suck. (That's not a question as much as it is a fact, just pass that along like I'm sure he's heard a million times already)
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:Will there be another podcast with the new album?
Yeah this. Like a new Webcast or whatever they did in the past.
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

Froudie wrote:Why hasn’t anyone found Problem 8 – The Riemann Hypothesis yet?
Can it still be found?
Has anyone been close to figuring it out?
Any more clues?
This is the wrong question... the question should be "Does Problem 8 really exist? If so, why do we get dicked around about it instead of posting it for a loyal fan base who is starved for unheard material? If not, why is it funny to dick around such a loyal fan base who is starved for unheard material?"
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

All of the above.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
DinosaurAct86
My pain is just an excuse

Post by DinosaurAct86 »

These are based on some statements Blair made a few months ago and either I missed their explanation or he never explained them:

Why are towels very important? )
What do parking bollards always lie about?

These are two "Blairisms" I've never been able to piece together.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

DinosaurAct86 wrote:These are based on some statements Blair made a few months ago and either I missed their explanation or he never explained them:

if those are the only 2 then youre in good shape...
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

What do Tool have against touring in the UK/Europe? We have been waiting here patiently since '07. It almost seems like we are being deliberately avoided with every passing year and tour... I would have thought at least being English, Justin would have dragged the guys over here by now. Hell, maybe even Maynard for all the vineyards etc. And there is plenty of history/ancient ruins etc. for DC's occult appetite. What gives?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
DinosaurAct86 wrote:These are based on some statements Blair made a few months ago and either I missed their explanation or he never explained them:

if those are the only 2 then youre in good shape...
Not if he doesn't know why towels are important.

Blair:

New album?
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Blair:

New album?
If that is our only question as a collective, and he answers it sincerely in detail then we are in good shape.

Seriously, props to Hellboy and Blair for getting this done. This should be pretty cool.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

A few more questions for Blair:

What has been your favorite tour stop when traveling with Tool?

Which Tool composition impressed you the most from when you first heard it in its infancy state at the loft to the evolution of the finished product?

What career path do you think you would have taken if you didn't land your job with Tool?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

If you could switch places with any member of the Tool "family", be it a fan, a member of the band, a crew member, or anyone else associated with the band, who would you choose and why?
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It'd be awesome if he said Paul.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:It'd be awesome if he said Paul.
It'd be awesome if he said, "That's a great question, here's 2 grand!"

Blair:

How close to the ballpark are the most popular Curveball guesses? Are they in it, tailgating in the parking lot, or touring the ancient pyramids of Egypt?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Good questions so far - I have about 56 collected from here, the Blog and on Reddit. I'll likely edit them a little, cull some of the more redundant or cringeworthy ones and send them to Blair over the weekend.

What is the curveball, and when can we expect it to be released?
Any surprises planned for Monster Mash? A Tool/Primus collaboration perhaps…
Can you reveal what the Golden Ticket holders from the recent Opiate re-issue received?
Do the band still use LSD?
What got you interested into the occult, and how has this changed your life?
Are there boxes of merchandise laying around from previous album tours that you know of? Specifically Aenima.
What is your favorite Tool song?
Will the new Tool album be a double album with an accompanying movie?
Have Tool ever met Aphex Twin or have any plans to work with him?
Have you or the guys from Tool had any weird runnins/stories with other musicians? Talk to me about Jello Biafra being a priest..
What was Adam doing in the studio when Motorhead caught him there?
Years ago you answered me on the TA forums saying there was something to come out on Lachrymology finally or info on a book whatever it was, with this yet it was deemed b.s YEARS before (which i didnt believe of course, sorry Blair but....ha) so any word on this still?
Has Blair ever witnessed any of the guys meet someone who's presence caused this reaction from them? Has he ever seen them starstruck? And if so, for who?
Paul D'Amour- quit or fired?
Why hasn't anyone found Problem 8 - The Riemann Hypothesis yet? Can it still be found? Has anyone been close to figuring it out? Any more clues?
Do you have any upcoming books/projects that fans would be interested in?
What are your favourite Aleister crowley books/objects in your collection? What are your favourites in Danny's collection?
Does there exist and/or will there be any official video of concerts pre-10,000 Days that will ever have an official release?
Has anyone successfully solved the "puzzle" hidden within the booklet/packaging of 10,000 Days?
Have you yourself ever had a rendezvous with sentient beings on strong psychedelics whilst camped beside a certain US military base that doesn't exist?
I'd like your thoughts on the Oxford comma...outdated, unnecessary, or tastefully classic?
Other than the obvious new material for the album, does tool have any unreleased or cut songs from any previous albums? Could they ever see the light of day?
What was the recent scary health issue with someone in the band? What was it and who did it affect?
Will 10,000 Days ever happen?
do you talk I the same manner you write newsletters? And if so, how many people have fallen asleep on you mid-conversation? Kidding! Where/how did you come upon your unique writing style?
How does Blair "feel" about the Oakland Raider's ranked a the bottom of the NFL/ESPN FPI? Is #32 an inspiration or should the Raiders just call it a day? Maybe they can find positions in the NRL?
Is Danny stoked on the Chiefs at #10 in the FPI. Is this Alex Smith's year?
Does Blair have any insight into whatever happened with that 'Human Experimente' group Maynard was involved with back in 2009?
What is your all time favorite album?
Ever hear of the bomber that crashed(early 50's) in North Coast British Columbia , said to be carrying an atomic bomb?
do you like smoked salmon?
What is the spookiest thing you have ever encountered?
Please elaborate on the progress of the album from when you believe you heard half of an album (sans Maynard) in Danny's car several years back to what you have heard recently. Did they decide to scrap some of the music and start over?
I would like to know if Blair plans to continue to write newsletters if/when the band decides to retire.
Which track on Lateralus would you say is Tool's "Crown"ing achievement?
When are we finally going to hear another album from Surprise? Will there be a special 40 year limited reprint of Assault on Merryland?
What, if anything, have you been doing in between your intense Tool news gathering sessions? (zenarchist)
Will Puscifer ever tour in Europe?
It is no secret that you insert clues into your posts/newsletters about all things Tool. Have you ever made any band members angry by giving away too much info (albeit cryptically)? Or are they pretty happy with you throwing a bone to any fan determined or smart enough decode your posts?
What’s the Deal that was mentioned in the June 2015 Newsletter?
Will there be another Tool webcast/podcast?
If you're going to be in AZ for Monster Mash. You want to get a Taco Pizza from Happy Joe's?
Dave Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar?
What has been your favorite tour stop when traveling with Tool?
Which Tool composition impressed you the most from when you first heard it in its infancy state at the loft to the evolution of the finished product?
What career path do you think you would have taken if you didn't land your job with Tool?
If you could switch places with any member of the Tool "family", be it a fan, a member of the band, a crew member, or anyone else associated with the band, who would you choose and why?
when will the band throw us one, legitimate, bone?
Is there any news coming from Tool any time soon? Anything insightful you can share with us that you've recently discover from what Tool are doing?
any new tool material on the monstermash fest?
do they (tool) have like a few songs mostly completed or maybe it's more like half-way or perhaps mostly done? the new album i mean.
is maynard using his new station at the loft or is he working from home?
Being from the Midwest and all, can you please tell us how old you were when you caught your first sheep tangled up in a fence?
Will the new Tool album be available in some hi-res HD audio version? Are there any plans to release hi-res versions of any previous albums?
What do Tool have against touring in the UK/Europe? Been waiting patiently here since '07. Doesn't Justin have any desire to play shows for UK fans???
Does the band to your knowledge use occult practices in they're presentation , writing ,arranging or recording as well as live performances in order to better serve they're vision and art to the masses?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

It's funny when you said you were only accepting "serious" questions when all we're going to get from this guy is silly, tongue in cheek smarminess and cryptic half truths.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:It's funny when you said you were only accepting "serious" questions when all we're going to get from this guy is silly, tongue in cheek smarminess and cryptic half truths.

:|
Well, I'd argue that there's a fair percentage of those questions that aren't serious.

I should also add I didn't request only serious questions, I was referring to off-topic discussion:
Also, in the interests of not cluttering up this thread, I ask you to consider posting jokes and off the cuff remarks elsewhere. Legitimate discussion of questions is fine though.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Is that Maynard autobio still happnin'? It's been awhile since we've heard about it.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Actually, didn't Maynard say something about canning it or something?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Is that Maynard autobio still happnin'? It's been awhile since we've heard about it.
That's a good question, I was wondering that myself recently. I don't remember hearing anything about it being canned (I could be wrong though), but it was supposed to be out for his 50th.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

- You mentioned in the Dec 2001 newsletter that Tool are contractually obligated to release all of their albums on vinyl if so, when will Tool release 10,000 days on vinyl?

- What do you and the band think of Pono? Will they release any material through it? https://www.ponomusic.com/

- I was recently reading about the Integratron and remember you talking about the area it is located in (giant rock, ca) and wondered if you or any members of the band have experienced it and what your thoughts were on it if you have. http://integratron.com/
Professor of Lesbian Science
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I seem to remember May Jay saying he wasn't going to do the bio after all.
Hey! Denty!