Re: MJK Sexual Assault claims

Post by Busty McCracken »

Listen to All Them Witches
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Some people showing their true colours in this thread. Regarding the rape rumour, I see it as case closed until/if the girl/guy behind the twitter account comes out with new info. Honestly I can’t see any healthy discussions going on in this thread anymore, only purpose it has now is for people to throw shade at each other or at Maynard with no other reason than to be malevonent and mean. Have a beer.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I like that this thread has moved on to Flying High (Airplane). What a shitty state of affairs the last few days have been. After reading all of the twitter/reddit comments posted in response to this it amazed me how many people were willing to virtue signal and condemn a man (regardless of his occupation and status) as a fiend and a rapist, based on nothing more than an anonymous tweet that could have been written by anybody. In comparison I thought the dialogue in this thread was relatively restrained. In any case it is a fucking joke how easily a man (or any person) can have their character butchered by misinformation spread via social media, especially a person with a high profile. I hope this is the last we see of this issue, bring on the new album...
Be good to each other.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Just to play doubles advocate, this guy represents 3 bands, one that's basically a corporation at this point (think Metallica Inc), the future earnings of fellow band members, mangers, roadies, lawyers, accountants and fansite moderators hinge on this being bullshit.

I kid, it's bullshit.

Just food for thought.
Canned audience laughter
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

a) he doesnt give a damn
b) it adds up long buried agression towards fans and communities (internet etc)
c) he feels disgust and sadness, and dont want to make a new record
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:36 pm
void wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:31 pm Regardless of what happened, it's good he was taken down a peg.
You're a piece of shit
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:52 am Some people showing their true colours in this thread.
I'm not sure who you're referring to. I don't think anyone here has thrown Maynard under a bus, most have been pretty balanced or dismissive of the claims.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

tys0n wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:36 pm
void wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:31 pm Regardless of what happened, it's good he was taken down a peg.
You're a piece of shit
Yea, I'm not ready to kiss Maynard's ass at every chance I get, I guess I am.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:47 pm
void wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:31 pm Regardless of what happened, it's good he was taken down a peg. His ego has been unchecked and out of control for far too long. He fucks with people too much not to have had any adverse consequences yet.

As others have said, hopefully it contributes to some visceral energy and emotion in the new Tool music, "friction" as he calls it. He's had about zero for as long as anyone can remember.

And yea, this is one step closer to an instrumental Tool album. We're making progress, albeit slowly (kidding, but instrumental Tool would be amazing).
How you could possibly know this? How do you know what someone who is a complete and utter stranger to you has been through? And being publicly slandered, falsely mind you to a world wide audience is a good thing to you?

Going off his prior comments about society & the over abundance of morons contained within it, I'm fairly sure he has all the ammo he needs to add some visceral energy to his music already.
Oh, come on. He's been very wealthy for some time now and has lived an easy lifestyle compared to most people. He trolls people, fans, interviewers, etc pretty frequently and has engaged in sex with groupies. It's only a matter of time before there will be some negative consequence from that is all I'm saying. A little bit of karma.

Also, as Hellboy said previously, this will most likely be forgotten about in a few weeks time.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Sex with groupies!!!! HEAVENS NO!!!!!

Jesus tittyfucking christ, you all. Grow up.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

joeypants wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 pm And with that, I'm out of this thread.
Don't mow your lawn
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

A number of people acting foolish in this thread. You have Busty and Joey acting like the accusation was a personal affront that could never have possibly been true and dismissed the entire thing out of hand. Then you have Void taking the situation and blowing it into a character analysis on Maynard. Tyson is of course doing what Tyson does, which is pulling strings and and watching the reactions.

Bottom line most of you did the right thing, which was to keep an open mind but not jump to any conclusions.

At this point, we have an anonymous accusation made that has not been substantiated and no further accusations have come forth. Maynard has publicly responded saying that the accusation is false. Unless more information is made public or additional accusations come out, the issue is a dead one.

Now bring on the new Tool album
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:52 pm
joeypants wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 pm And with that, I'm out of this thread.
touche! haha
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 am Just to play doubles advocate,
It's 'devils advocate' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_advocate

You may already know that and spell check just tried to make you look smart because you spell like shit :?: :P
Professor of Lesbian Science
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Void: oh my, he had sexual relations with groupies, what a bastard. Money isn't everything in this world, you shouldn't pretend to know someone's story or how easy they've got it when you don't even know them.

Mog; not a personal affront , just dumbfounded at how easily some people gave an accusation via an anonymous tweet such potential credibility. Then to see others instantly feel so relieved it was all fake because Maynard tweeted innocence??? If the opinion was, I don't know enough about this, hopefully and likely its bullshit but could be true, then if that's the approach of most in here, why then do you all feel its so case closed coz Maynard said its bullshit? Maybe he's lying..
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

basejumper wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:15 pm
tys0n wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 am Just to play doubles advocate,
It's 'devils advocate' https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_advocate

You may already know that and spell check just tried to make you look smart because you spell like shit :?: :P
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn’t take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It’s clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother’s mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
Canned audience laughter
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

:lol:
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

void
Fanboi

Post by void »

M0G wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:20 pm A number of people acting foolish in this thread. You have Busty and Joey acting like the accusation was a personal affront that could never have possibly been true and dismissed the entire thing out of hand. Then you have Void taking the situation and blowing it into a character analysis on Maynard. Tyson is of course doing what Tyson does, which is pulling strings and and watching the reactions.

Bottom line most of you did the right thing, which was to keep an open mind but not jump to any conclusions.

At this point, we have an anonymous accusation made that has not been substantiated and no further accusations have come forth. Maynard has publicly responded saying that the accusation is false. Unless more information is made public or additional accusations come out, the issue is a dead one.

Now bring on the new Tool album
It's true, we should wait until the new Tool album is released to continue this conversation. I'm being 100% serious.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I think we should continue the conversation when there is something to discuss