MJK Sexual Assault claims

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: MJK Sexual Assault claims

Post by Busty McCracken »

Well Option B does sound the most likely and fair of conclusions to jump to from where I stand.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:36 am I understand the discussion and need for a thread, just from what I've seen, Hellboy has generally been pretty quick to douse any hysteria on a tool rumour. Where as in this thread , has made a few comments , albeit hypothetical, that give me the impression he sees potential they may come true.. just surprised is all.
I don't mean to suggest it will come true. Certainly based on the evidence provided so far nothing will happen.

Should more evidence come to light and he be found guilty then I would definitely be closing the site disc
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

maybe it was the legal issue that delayed the new tool album (lol)
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:19 pm I LOL'd when I read it the first time. Then I died when I read your post highlighting it.
He is interested in anal as you would assume
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

APC was on stage last night if im not mistaken ..... Any one know if any backhanded comments were made by MJK? Its like him to make vague, yet related, comments in passing...
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

At this point I hope he doesn't even address it. He shouldn't, and doesn't have to.

It's one lone anonymous shit-stirrer at this point. You notice ZERO even halfway respectable news blogs have picked this up and for good reason: It's irresponsible to do so. Just like it's irresponsible to just wing out serious, damaging allegations like that.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

And if I sound agitated, I am, but not so much for #metoo related reasons as fucking Twitter/Reddit. People put too much time and stock into those fucking sites, which are RIDDLED with bullshit upon bullshit upon bullshit. Humanity would be better off immediately if you could somehow just close those fucking things (you can't, I know).
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:53 am Well Option B does sound the most likely and fair of conclusions to jump to from where I stand.
I think you're thinking about this too specifically. Like I think HB's is just drawing an ethical line in the sand and if any member of Tool were convicted of rape he would shut down the site. It's just that this is not a policy that has ever had any reason to come out before.
Don't mow your lawn
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

we have come this far. 12 years without anyone of them getting cancer, having an accident or whatsoever. if this shit seriously delays the progress of the album now just a few weeks before MJK is about to track his Vox i am seriously pissed.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I am hoping for the best. But if any accusations are true, shut it down HB.
also, Avatar!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It won't, because it's bullshit. 3 days on now... maybe time to let the thread die.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

just would like to throw in that the whole HPV thing is almost impossible to be true. how would you know which HPV strain you got by whom. to make such a claim, one would have to prove that mjk would be HPV strain XY positive in advance (before the intercourse) plus you'd have to prove that you were negative.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Nowadays anyone with a twitter account or a reddit can accuse a celebrity.Some of those posts seemed a little much.
I believe it when an arrest warrant or lawsuit is filed .
Twiggy was accused by his early 90’s girlfriend back in 2017, i dunno if it was true or not because as far as i know no lawsuit was filed but i know he got really depressed a d got fired.
Rapists are the shit of the world but whats happening with these movements is getting crazy , they’re gonna take out the bikini thing from beauty paegents .today getty images appologized and deleted photos titled “ sexiest women in the world cup” . There were women with bras and bikinis watching the games jumping at the cameras,they looked really hot ,whats wrong in talking about them .
I forgot my pen
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

lukas wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:43 pm just would like to throw in that the whole HPV thing is almost impossible to be true. how would you know which HPV strain you got by whom. to make such a claim, one would have to prove that mjk would be HPV strain XY positive in advance (before the intercourse) plus you'd have to prove that you were negative.
Rarely post, usually lurk, but had to respond. Assuming she might have been a virgin at 17 would be one way, which is very possible.

Not saying I think the allegations are true, but I also don't understand why it's so hard for Maynard fans to believe that he could do something like this. The objectification of women evidence is there with his well documented backstage cherry picking.

Also, read the guys lyrics... interviews, comments he's shared over the years. Yes, that doesn't mean anything in terms of guilt or innocence, but jeez, seems fairly obvious the kind of guy he is with 25+ years of lyrics, interviews, etc. Not such a crazy long shot something like this went down.

Props to Hellboy for your at-the-ready stance on the issue.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

joeypants wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:26 pm It won't, because it's bullshit. 3 days on now... maybe time to let the thread die.
Joey you can't assume anything. I think maybe your passion for Tool's music is getting in the way of your objectivity. I am not saying I think the allegation is true or false. As I said I don't not have enough information to pass any kind of judgement. I would like to hear a response from Maynard as silence isn't helping him out any.

Again I think we just need to wait and let the situation play out and see what more information becomes available. We don't want to jump to conclusions but we also don't want to dismiss things like this out of hand as everything that has happened recently with so many people in Hollywood and in positions of power have been found out.

This could all be bullshit but we simply do not know. I am hoping for the best obviously. I don't care for Maynard but I certainly hope this is not true. Rape is a terrible thing. Being accused of something you didn't do it (if that is the case) is also a terrible thing. We can't dismiss and we can't condemn. We need information and we need some kind of response from Maynard.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Mog, Void and anyone else with a similar stance, I'd argue very strongly that I can make a judgement on this. This has nothing to do with my passion for Tool but more my common bloody sense. The power of the #metoo movement is it contains real people with real credibility standing behind their name and making legitimate accusations.

This is a fucking anonymous social media post, which gives it absolutely zero credibility and I'll treat it as such until something actually concrete and legit were to come out. I honestly feel like Grimesy in the nuclear power plant right now reading some of these comments...
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

M0G wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:52 pm
joeypants wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:26 pm It won't, because it's bullshit. 3 days on now... maybe time to let the thread die.
Joey you can't assume anything. I think maybe your passion for Tool's music is getting in the way of your objectivity. I am not saying I think the allegation is true or false. As I said I don't not have enough information to pass any kind of judgement. I would like to hear a response from Maynard as silence isn't helping him out any.

Again I think we just need to wait and let the situation play out and see what more information becomes available. We don't want to jump to conclusions but we also don't want to dismiss things like this out of hand as everything that has happened recently with so many people in Hollywood and in positions of power have been found out.

This could all be bullshit but we simply do not know. I am hoping for the best obviously. I don't care for Maynard but I certainly hope this is not true. Rape is a terrible thing. Being accused of something you didn't do it (if that is the case) is also a terrible thing. We can't dismiss and we can't condemn. We need information and we need some kind of response from Maynard.
I see what you're saying. But for reasons previously stated, this whole thing reeks of bullshit.

And let's say Maynard says what you all know he'll say, if he says it: I didn't do that.

What then? Assuming this anonymous person posts nothing else (and they haven't)... what then? Is this sewing circle going to keep spinning?

Also, if we're at the point where people have to address anonymous allegations like this on fucking twitter, where people do and can say anything they want... hooooooo boy. Hang it all up. Send nukes.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

If you want to stand behind a VERY serious allegation and do it properly, I will listen. I will believe, and ask for more information/etc.

This? Fuck that. Fuck Twitter, and fuck dicking with people's reputations anonymously.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:10 pm Mog, Void and anyone else with a similar stance, I'd argue very strongly that I can make a judgement on this. This has nothing to do with my passion for Tool but more my common bloody sense. The power of the #metoo movement is it contains real people with real credibility standing behind their name and making legitimate accusations.

This is a fucking anonymous social media post, which gives it absolutely zero credibility and I'll treat it as such until something actually concrete and legit were to come out. I honestly feel like Grimesy in the nuclear power plant right now reading some of these comments...
How many times recently have we seen an accusation, and we have all said no way, not this time, not this person...and it turned out to be true? I am simply saying we should all be cautious on making any judgements of any kind on the matter until we have more information to work with.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Where as I think we should be cautious in giving anonymous Twitter posts credibility.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

M0G wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:23 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:10 pm Mog, Void and anyone else with a similar stance, I'd argue very strongly that I can make a judgement on this. This has nothing to do with my passion for Tool but more my common bloody sense. The power of the #metoo movement is it contains real people with real credibility standing behind their name and making legitimate accusations.

How many times recently have we seen an accusation, and we have all said no way, not this time, not this person...and it turned out to be true? I am simply saying we should all be cautious on making any judgements of any kind on the matter until we have more information to work with.
Yes. ALL from someone with a name. Who truly stood behind such a serious accusation. (I believed ALL of those for that reason, btw).

This can never fully be proven nor disproved as it stands. Until there's more to it, I don't think he owes anyone anything beyond a "I would never do such a thing." Yes, rockstars do wild shit sexually. Backstage. That's not crazy. Rape? From THAT guy? I'm not inclined to believe it for a second.

But again, this is all back and forth "well I think..." "yeah well I DON'T think..." It's a pointless conversation at this point, and probably always will be UNLESS there is a name to go with the accusation and more information (but mostly a PERSON behind it).

And that is the one reason this hasn't and probably won't go anywhere else. All of the other major #metoo victims/moments/what have you were tied to a specific person and for good reason. It's probably the most serious accusation short of murder you can dole out, and if you start believing anonymous twitter accounts... everything falls apart. And that's sad to me.

And with that, I'm out of this thread. Unless there's more to it, this is pointless and borderline offensive.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:25 pm Where as I think we should be cautious in giving anonymous Twitter posts credibility.
I think we should be cautious period. That is what I am getting at. Cautious on all fronts. There just isn't enough information to draw any conclusions or make any judgements at all.

The situation is going to play itself out and I imagine we will have more clarity on it sooner than later. Either that or it will quietly disappear, although with the nature of the media and social media in general, I just don't see that happening.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:25 pm Where as I think we should be cautious in giving anonymous Twitter posts credibility.
I think we should be cautious period. That is what I am getting at. Cautious on all fronts. There just isn't enough information to draw any conclusions or make any judgements at all.

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

From a recent NME feature on Maynard/APC dated, June 14th:

“We’re missing the Gordon Ramseys of the world, people who’ll critique every gross path you’ve decided to take. But people don’t want that. They want to be a powder puff. A snowflake. Friction is needed to make art possible.” – Maynard James Keenan

"What they’re squeaking about,” he continues, “always seems to be about what you’re doing wrong, rather than what they’re doing wrong. There’s little accountability. There’s little desire to look at themselves and ask what they’re contributing to make things better…”

Source: http://www.nme.com/music-interviews/a-p ... DKvseo5.99

Kind of prescient, potentially hypocritical depending on your current take, a little ironic as well.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Not sure it's hypocritical at all, as I don't think Maynard is trying to exclude himself from criticism.