Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Re: The new album is NOT called "Chod"

Post by liz »

Kittaan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:22 pm
chodren wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:31 pm Maynard's Child
That would be a solo album.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Part of why I don't think Chöd can be the title is because of how it fits into their discography alphabetically.

If the album goes between Aenima and Lateralus, it would break up the flow of those two albums together. I see them as being a sort of part 1 and 2. Although, depending on how the new album is, it could potentially work in that spot, I wouldn't like to see it there. I just love hearing Third Eye go into The Grudge, and it works too perfectly thematically for them to alter it.

Not that I think they are necessarily thinking of this when they are naming the album or writing and recording it, but I believe there is a sort of synchronicity to how music ends up fitting together in the bigger picture of an artists catalog.

So with that, the album can't start with B through K, and I don't think they will use the letters A or L again or any other letters they have used already, but it is obviously a possibility.

I think going between Lateralus and Opiate would work, so M and N are usable letters. I see Opiate and Salival working well as companion albums so that rules out P, Q, and R, but that spot would work really well for another Salival release if they didn't want to go with Salival part 2, which I don't think they would or should.

T is a very likely candidate and would fit nicely between Salival and Undertow. I see Undertow as being the counterpart to 10,000 Days so I don't think we will see V, W, X, Y, or Z or another number like 10k, but I could be wrong.

So we are left with M, N, and T. If I had to bet I would go go with T, I suppose. I was listening to Salival recently and realized how much LAMC sounds like Invincible with the way they are doing the pulsating drums and bass in a textural way that's simple but hypnotic. Mainly in the later half of Invincible before the breakdown I believe.

Seriously you guys should listen to LAMC. Pay attention to the music and see if it reminds you of anything. I never paid much attention to the really trippy music going on in the background of the voice, but it's actually really psychedelic like Merkaba.

Anyway I think it would work going into the new album with Invincible. Although you do have Maynard's Dick stuck between em so it's give and take, but that is actually a fucking great little tune, save for the fart noises at the end, even if it is a tribute to Alice in Chains haha.

It would be a nice contrast though. The most immature track immediately followed by potentially their most serious work of art to date. Would be pretty goddamn funny. It does work now with Maynard's Dick going into Intolerance I guess but who knows what kind of sounds will be finishing off the new album and creating an even better transition into Undertow. It makes my imagination go wild when I think about it.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Children you are crazy but compared to these redditors you are a goddamn genius

But seriously you are crazy

That's okay though crazy isn't necessarily a bad thing

You keep doin you man if I ever have a word puzzle I need solving I know who I am coming to
The most intelligent person on this forum
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

I'm cool with the album being Chod (not Chode lol) I think. It would at least indicate that they are doubling down on their music being a tool for enlightenment. Could rival Lateralus in that regard.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Fools it ain't Chod.

Junior has got to be laughing his ass off every time he sees this
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Watch it be Chöd though hahahaha
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Learn to chöd, learn to chöd, learn to chöd
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

Chöd the fuck up.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

M0G wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:10 pm Fools it ain't Chod.

Junior doesn't actually know. He can't even verify that Descending and Invincible are the real titles and not placeholders. Not to knock the guy, he does amazing work, but apparently he's not just not aware.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

limeygringo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Junior doesn't actually know. He can't even verify that Descending and Invincible are the real titles and not placeholders. Not to knock the guy, he does amazing work, but apparently he's not just not aware.
I suspect Junior knows more than he lets on.

Regardless the album isn't called Chod. Stay away from the reddits only nonsense over there.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: The new album is NOT called "Chöd"

Post by Busty McCracken »

If you were employed by Tool and the band were keeping things under wraps that you were privy too, would you post said info into an internet forum against their will? Especially one that's known to be browsed for Tool updates no less?

Let's try to use our heads people
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Not many people believed that 10,000 days was the title either
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:39 pm Not many people believed that 10,000 days was the title either
this is true! i didnt think it was either based on the names before it.

i doubt its ''chod'' especially with the motley crue dots on it. i also dont care right now,mostly.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

tys0n wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:39 pm Not many people believed that 10,000 days was the title either
That's pretty much what I've been thinking about the whole Chod thing. As unbelievable as Chod is, we aren't talking about anti-gravity UFOs. We're talking about trackllsts, and anything is possible. You and others have said it best: let go of the expectation, for better or worse.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

M0G wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:48 pm
limeygringo wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm

I suspect Junior knows more than he lets on.

Regardless the album isn't called Chod. Stay away from the reddits only nonsense over there.
Probably right about Jr. Anyone of us would enjoy dispersing the occasional statement of disinfo for shits and giggles, along with damage control, if we were in his shoes. Plus I'm sure the band likes the fans to speculate, even if they have no control over the crazy names people conjure up.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: The new album is NOT not NoT called "Chöd"

Post by Bill Hilly »

Chöd > MMXIX
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

What were the 10,000 days fakes like? Did any of them have original artwork that was believable?

EDIT: fakes not leaks
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 pm What were the 10,000 days fakes like? Did any of them have original artwork that was believable?

There were a few fake images floating around, and I'm sure there were come covers but non super compelling. Once it was realised that there would be stereoscopic images, there were a bunch of fake stereographs around too.

Some people have plenty of time on their hands I guess.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

gamebounty wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:25 pm What were the 10,000 days fakes like? Did any of them have original artwork that was believable?

https://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=28164

Edit: lol @ the guy with the plaid skirt as his avatar

Machine Girl if anyone is wondering
Last edited by tys0n on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Imagine if this album is called Teleincision and 10k Days was actually the hoax album
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Systema Encephale, pt 2
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

hellboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:46 am

There were a few fake images floating around, and I'm sure there were come covers but non super compelling. Once it was realised that there would be stereoscopic images, there were a bunch of fake stereographs around too.

Some people have plenty of time on their hands I guess.
I see. Chod is growing on me. I want to believe lol. The artwork posted with it is pretty profound. Compare it to the "make your own album art" competition that was posted on reddit and it beats them all. It seems like somebody really put their heart into it.

But I've went through that guy's post history and there was a lot of stuff there that indicated that Chod is his fake. Oh well.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

hellboy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:59 am Imagine if this album is called Teleincision and 10k Days was actually the hoax album
Elephteria.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I forgot about the Sober and Prison Sex singles. They both have a couple live tracks and the Netherlands version of Sober has Tales from the Dark Side which has eight live tracks, so I was wrong about Salival potentially leading directly into new album if you include these.

On the Sober single, there is the album version of Sober, and then a live version of Bottom and Intolerance (both from Lollapalooza '93 but from different dates) which sound incredibly, especially Intolerance.

After that it goes into Tales from the Dark Side, which I consider an actual live album separate from the Sober single that it's contained on, which has live versions of Undertow, Sober, Opiate, Flood, Prison Sex, and Jerk-Off from the same night of Lollapalooza '93 as the Bottom from the other Sober single. Then you have another Prison Sex and Bottom from Lowland Paradise Festival '93 in the Netherlands, and that goes into Undertow the album or could possibly be where we go into new album.

Fits pretty nicely there I think. Some people have said they think the album will be self-titled. The only way I think that would happen is if they had a song that was self-titled, which could happen I guess. Not something I think they would do, but surprises can be cool. I like when artists have self-titled songs sometimes, when it's fitting. It tends to be songs that really encapsulate an artist as their quintessential piece of work, so if Tool were to come up with a song that they felt symbolized everything they are, then self-titled song and album would work I suppose, but it's more likely it would be untitled like ZoSo or something.

Then you have the Prison Sex single between Opiate and Salival, which fits perfectly there considering Opiate and Salival both contain live material, as well as the Sober single and Tales the Dark Side following Salival with their live tracks. The Prison Sex single has live versions of Undertow and Opiate from different Lollapalooza dates, and some versions include the Intolerance live at Lollapalooza from the Sober single.

The live versions of these really make me appreciate the songs more. Undertow has become an all-time favorite because of how good the live version is. Opiate has Maynard baaing to the audience. I don't know if it is the famous Scientology performance, but it's really great to have that on an official recording.

Couldn't find videos for the Prison Sex tracks or the other Sober single tracks, but here's TALES FROM THE DARK SIDE: