Maynard on Joe Rogan Experience 29-Jul-2019

The Main Event
Boldizar
Optomist

Re: Maynard on Joe Rogan Experience 29-Jul-2019

Post by Boldizar »

I like how he has a Centipede tattoo because they scare him.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I liked his tattoo explanation too. He's such an interesting fellow. I can relate with the introvert/standoffish personality type. It comes off very dickish, but it usually isn't.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I don't like Maynard. I never will. I find him to be hypocritical quite often. That said I did watch a bit of the show and it was probably the least pretentious he has been in awhile. Maybe age is mellowing him out. Maybe he was just in a good mood. The fact that he, at bare minimum, recognized the patience of the fan base is something.

Rogan just needs to shut the fuck up all the time just keep your mouth shut let the people you are interviewing talk. They are smarter than you 95% of the time (he does bring in the crazies now and again). I support weed and would smoke it if i could but it doesn't have to be the centerpiece of every other conversation.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Did anyone notice that his nostrils looked different than usual?

I'm not some superfan or anything but something looked off.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:55 pm I don't like Maynard. I never will. I find him to be hypocritical quite often. That said I did watch a bit of the show and it was probably the least pretentious he has been in awhile. Maybe age is mellowing him out. Maybe he was just in a good mood. The fact that he, at bare minimum, recognized the patience of the fan base is something.

Rogan just needs to shut the fuck up all the time just keep your mouth shut let the people you are interviewing talk. They are smarter than you 95% of the time (he does bring in the crazies now and again). I support weed and would smoke it if i could but it doesn't have to be the centerpiece of every other conversation.
Why cant you smoke it if you don't mind me asking?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Joe Rogans fans probably love his tedious stoner rambling bollox and think he's highly intelligent so he plays up to it. Fair enough if Maynard likes him tho.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I listened to an hour of it. I'll get to the rest later. What strikes me about Maynard is his work ethic. And it becomes obvious listening to him that when he is in charge shit gets done. What he speaks of here and not for the first time is that he is just one voice on the TooL committee comprised of more than one strong minded individual.

Oh and TooL fans all smoke or have smoked/consumed dope. So yeah
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:35 pm Did anyone notice that his nostrils looked different than usual?

I'm not some superfan or anything but something looked off.
He seemed uncomfortable while posting the Instagram stuff. I think it was a combo of getting over the exhausting hurdle of making the announcement, getting thrown by it not being live, and JR’s bizarre dismissal of it. MJK needs no sympathy, but the whole thing fell flat and I felt a little bad. I know these sentiments have been posted several times but worth agreeing.
SoMuchChub
My pain is just an excuse

Post by SoMuchChub »

I'm thoroughly enjoying the meltdown over the podcast. Anyone who was expecting it to be an hour and a half about the new album is an idiot. I find it hilarious they expected Maynard to delve into details about it and are blaming Joe for stopping him. Just days earlier Joe was amazing, now he can't interview for shit.

Mayjingo made it pretty clear in the instagram post, all the other details will be forthcoming, he wasn't about to drop some big news only for Joe to lead him astray.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

SoMuchChub wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 pm Anyone who was expecting it to be an hour and a half about the new album is an idiot.
Thankfully I don't think many actually expected that. Still, it would have been nice to get more than 2 minutes worth.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:48 pm
SoMuchChub wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 pm Anyone who was expecting it to be an hour and a half about the new album is an idiot.
Thankfully I don't think many actually expected that. Still, it would have been nice to get more than 2 minutes worth.
While I'm not surprised by the lack of quantity on there, was a bit of a dick move to plurarilse the word to announcements. Can see why people had higher hopes.

As far as any new information goes, We got the album title. They'd already confirmed their music would come to streaming services and of course track listing and a single would come before the album.

Kind of expected if not a song to be premiered maybe a tour announcement or something a bit more than just the album name.
Listen to All Them Witches
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

He gave a hard date for streaming services for whatever it’s worth. That was the second “announcement”

I find the update/edit to the album title post rather odd. Why add the “TBA”? Totally unnecessary. Almost as if there was supposed to be something more.
Last edited by Takeo on Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah I guess that's exciting for some out there. I kinda figure anyone who's a genuine fan of the band would already have access to their music one way or another so isn't a big deal. but Can see for the more casual fan it would be big news I guess
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:12 pm Yeah I guess that's exciting for some out there. I kinda figure anyone who's a genuine fan of the band would already have access to their music one way or another so isn't a big deal. but Can see for the more casual fan it would be big news I guess
ya, streaming is cool for people that need or want that but you can stick me in the catergory of i bought their CDs twice over except Opiate. i have no reason to buy digital files unless it was something not on the albums which it wont be. maybe in the future if they release something digital only, i would. i made my first digital purchase last Dec. <PIG> put out a small e.p for free but you had the option to donate to a good charity, so i did that. a good start to buying digital files.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

As far as the announcements we got from the interview, I'm quite satisfied. I would have loved Maynard to speak a bit more about the process of creating the record, not so much the roadblocks, but the inspirations and such. I would have loved for him to talk about the Opiate video, and whether that will ever appear. I'd have loved him to talk about where the inspiration for his new outfit came from. I'd have love to have heard how it felt to debut a song on the road for a change. Hell, I would have even been happy for him to talk about what Puscifer might get up to in 2021. I really dug the part where he spoke about the whiskey project he was getting involved with.

It was nice to hear him talk about topics Joe likes, and just shoot the shit for a bit, but as a fan I'm also pretty damn excited to hear what he's up to.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 pm I really dug the part where he spoke about the whiskey project he was getting involved with.
It was funny to hear Joe ask him if it was like port.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:19 pm As far as the announcements we got from the interview, I'm quite satisfied. I would have loved Maynard to speak a bit more about the process of creating the record, not so much the roadblocks, but the inspirations and such. I would have loved for him to talk about the Opiate video, and whether that will ever appear. I'd have loved him to talk about where the inspiration for his new outfit came from. I'd have love to have heard how it felt to debut a song on the road for a change. Hell, I would have even been happy for him to talk about what Puscifer might get up to in 2021. I really dug the part where he spoke about the whiskey project he was getting involved with.

It was nice to hear him talk about topics Joe likes, and just shoot the shit for a bit, but as a fan I'm also pretty damn excited to hear what he's up to.
Exactly! Joe really dropped the ball. Even Maynard told him there are people tuning in just for that reason!
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

I must’ve missed it - what’s this whiskey project?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah I could name plenty of things I would have like Maynard to have spoken about but we both those things were never going to happen. I wasn't expecting much more than what we got, just calling out the usage of the word announcements (plural). Just could have given some more factual info I guess, eg tour announcements or an actual date of when single will be released.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i think tour dates are out of their hands really. once that stuff is ready to go its announced. other companies involved etc etc. didnt he say the title track is being released with the pre-order ? but that was put to TBA shortly after it said this friday which lasted like an hour or something according to what i read online.
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Takeo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:02 pm I must’ve missed it - what’s this whiskey project?
He talked about a collaboration with these guys: https://www.angelsenvy.com/
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Canned audience laughter
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

bob wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 am
BlackHole83 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:22 am
tys0n wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:54 pm Joe stop with the fucking WEED TALK

Every fucking podcast DUDE WEED
Ganja is a prettt big deal in the US. Still very taboo out here in Aus unfortunately. Rogan is always blazing on the air. No surprise really.
in the U.S the taboo is lessoning but still illegal in a lot of States. In Canada it was legalized last October/was available to buy online. retail stores opened April 1st of this year too. i havent smoked weed in 22 years pretty much so its no matter to me but totally legal here.

so you Aussies are living the conformist life eh? no wonder Tysons got such a bone for steve! all that built up tension. start hittin' the sauce!
Haha yeah maybe. I’m from Cali man. Just living out here but I guess it’s just me complaining it isn’t as welcomed as it is back home (Herbs).

Back to the podcast. I’m not surprised it went down the way it did. Disappointing as many of you have said, as it seemed MJK appeared to be willing to open up and give more info if questioned but Joe did what Joe does. He spoke over him and talked about shit he wanted to talk about. Maybe this is how they planned it, who knows. But there were definitely a lot of fans tuning in for more info regarding the new album. He did seem more vulnerable, and not as articulate as he normally is. Maybe he was tired, who knows. It seems the 4 of them have a mutual respect for one another And he did say they were his brothers which I think should put the rumors to rest that they are divided. I did skim through the rest, Rogan was pretty annoying to be honest. Maybe a surprise single this Friday to make up for the lack of news?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Dope was decriminalised in South Australia for a time and then they backtracked. Fucking ridiculous.

Still haven't made it back to the last half hour of that podcast. I started glazing over when Joe started rambling on about gut health.