Fear Inoculum Australia

The Main Event
liz
Lunchinator

Re: Fear Inoculum Australia

Post by liz »

M0G wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:50 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am
tys0n wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am And the fact Tool don't care is kinda shitty.
Agree 100%

With the lack of care they show for Toolarmy and presales, I doubt the band members have any fucks to give about Aussie Tool fans being shafted.
This is simply another example of what I have said for many many years. Tool does not care at all on any level about their fans. They do not respect their fans at all.

Now I am not trying to be negative or stir the pot or derail the thread. A new Tool album is out in 8 days and that is a fantastic thing. And as we have spoke of before the music is indeed the most important thing. However, when the music is the most important thing, and Tool makes it so a large segment of their fanbase has no access to that music, that says something about Tool.

Obviously it is not directly on Tool. Sony Australia is setting the price but Tool is a smart band and they cannot be unaware of issues that were going to arise with this packaging decision and subsequent cost and how that would impact availability as well as cost to the consumer internationally.

I sincerely hope every Aussie fan gets their pre-orders from whatever source they purchased and I hope the situation improves.
That's not quite true, the access to the music should be quite straight forward, its just the limited edition gimmick that, is well, limited.

I'm also not convinced most of the band had considered the logistical implications of supplying the limited edition product world wide. I would imagine they only hoped for the sort of attention their new music and back catalogue is now getting and that the sort of issues that are arising now are really great problems to have to deal with.

That being said I do hope someone deals with this order mess. Who is responsible for sorting this out I'm not really sure. It may be that the band has little control at this point.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

liz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:12 pm
M0G wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:50 pm
hellboy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:11 am
Agree 100%

With the lack of care they show for Toolarmy and presales, I doubt the band members have any fucks to give about Aussie Tool fans being shafted.
This is simply another example of what I have said for many many years. Tool does not care at all on any level about their fans. They do not respect their fans at all.

Now I am not trying to be negative or stir the pot or derail the thread. A new Tool album is out in 8 days and that is a fantastic thing. And as we have spoke of before the music is indeed the most important thing. However, when the music is the most important thing, and Tool makes it so a large segment of their fanbase has no access to that music, that says something about Tool.

Obviously it is not directly on Tool. Sony Australia is setting the price but Tool is a smart band and they cannot be unaware of issues that were going to arise with this packaging decision and subsequent cost and how that would impact availability as well as cost to the consumer internationally.

I sincerely hope every Aussie fan gets their pre-orders from whatever source they purchased and I hope the situation improves.
That's not quite true, the access to the music should be quite straight forward, its just the limited edition gimmick that, is well, limited.

I'm also not convinced most of the band had considered the logistical implications of supplying the limited edition product world wide. I would imagine they only hoped for the sort of attention their new music and back catalogue is now getting and that the sort of issues that are arising now are really great problems to have to deal with.

That being said I do hope someone deals with this order mess. Who is responsible for sorting this out I'm not really sure. It may be that the band has little control at this point.
Quite frankly I think you are being naive. Tool is completely aware of logistics and the fundamental decision to even go with this overly elaborate packaging IS the reason this is happening as there was ALWAYS going to be ADDITIONAL costs ABOVE AND BEYOND what would be NORMAL for International markets.

Is Sony Australia taking advantage? Absolutely. Is Tool unaware and blameless? Absolutely not. That is the last thing I will say on the matter other than I sincerely hope the Aussie contingent sees their packages arrive safe and sound and on time.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah I think a standard cd and booklet option in addition to the limited edition version would have been the smart idea to avoid issues. but then saying that, most of us on here would still have opted for the ducks nuts version so we'd still be in the same boat
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@Mog As you just promised to say nothing more I take you at your word. So I shall take the last.

I did not say the band where unaware but that I doubted all members had given the issue much consideration. Bigger fish to fry and all that.

Sure it sucks that because I live in Oz that product is more expensive and harder to procure. Should the band preference it's OZ fans over the hometown crowd or be required to provide equally ? Probably not. Should they care? Well sure but we'll get a footnote is an interview or a comment from the stage next tour saying "thanks Oz we luv yuz all and we're just as dissapointed as you are" and we'll back in that warm glow and move on. I waited 13 years for new songs after all not a marketing gimmick although I want one badly. :)
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

That the package is limited I have zero problems with. I'm ok with Tool pressing as many as they deem appropriate - no problems there at all. It's now available digitally, so people aren't missing out per se. Sometimes you snooze, you lose.

I do take a great deal of exception to Tool fans outside of the US being take for a ride on price though. Other bands well known for taking care of their fans (NIN and Pearl Jam come time mind) would be coming out at this point and telling Sony it's not on, or at the very least making some kind of statement. Tool's typical MO is to just sweep it under the rug.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:18 pm
That is the last thing I will say on the matter...

My ass it is.

:|

..other than I sincerely hope the Aussie contingent sees their packages arrive safe and sound and on time.

Oh for fuck's sake / and ** Foster
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

You guys heard anything from Amazon yet? I got my confirmation email last month and that's it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

FEAR INOCULUM
Arriving Tue, Sep 3
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

For what's it worth:
FEAR INOCULUM
Arriving Tue, Sep 13
(The Netherlands)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

tys0n wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:02 am FEAR INOCULUM
Arriving Tue, Sep 3
As in that's an email you got? When ?

Cheers msr2
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Nah click you orders, find Fear Inoculum and click track package.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Cheers bruv. 'Will dispatch Aug 30, we're preparing your order' . Wonder if we get a free strawberry milkshake with the order?
Raffa D
of Arimathea

Post by Raffa D »

Arriving october 16 (Netherlands)
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

CD Imports. "The album is being released on August 31st". Gee thanks for the info!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Told you the website was suss
Canned audience laughter
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I am assured by a reputable source in discord that they have delivered before. Before when I'm not sure about.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

There are reputable sources in discord?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

They said "trust me".
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Famous last words
magnetar
Maynard Believer

Post by magnetar »

Guys, just been on Amazon Australia.....looks like some pre-orders available through Rarewaves UK......I've just paid for one.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Dude $157.75 is way overs.
Canned audience laughter
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[del:]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:59 pm You guys heard anything from Amazon yet? I got my confirmation email last month and that's it.

That's all
- You like noisy music?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

ziggy23 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:59 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:59 pm You guys heard anything from Amazon yet? I got my confirmation email last month and that's it.

That's all
You in Ausland Zig?? :shock:
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

wrong thread
nevermind
i'm drunk
ho-ho-ho
- You like noisy music?