Tool concept album?

The Main Event
Boldizar
Optomist

Re: Tool concept album?

Post by Boldizar »

Finally, all of Blair's bullshit will become relevant. See! He was giving us hints the entire time, you fools!
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

junior wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 pm I've also heard that it will have a randomizer included to change Blair's rant to one of 7 different topics each time you open it.
One of the rants will sync up to the album, while 3 others will appear to sync up when (in reality) they don't.
2 of the remaining will actually be interesting, but have nothing to do with Tool.
1 will just be complete nonsense, and possibly include some cameos of tangential Tool associates drinking at a bar in Las Vegas.
There was talk of an 8th one that also would have synced up, but there was a problem getting it to fit in the allotted space.
Well played sir well played
The most intelligent person on this forum
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

This will make this limited edition the most wonderful and worthy limited edition of the limited editions in existence.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Not being negative so don't get all pissy but I am sticking to what I have said for awhile now, I think this is going to be their last album. They are all getting older, Danny at 58 has even said what I have said a number of times that if they did do another he would hope sooner because he is getting older and it takes a certain level to play at the level required with Tool.

Based off the interviews this album almost split the group multiple times.

The biggest hurdle in my opinion is Adam and his OCD perfectionist approach. I think Danny, Justin and Maynard would be fine with doing something at a faster pace and not obsess irrationally over it but I could never imagine Adam being okay with that. It took Justin literally putting an ultimatum date in place to get this album done. Justin also doesn't sound particular enthused about getting back at it again, although he is the youngest at 47 and he could be speaking from a place of fatigue.

Also keep in mind they are going to tour fairly heavily over the next year or two. They have said they don't like to write on the road. So just getting back together to write a new album Danny would be 60, Adam 57..unless they started right away...yeah I just don't see it happening.

I do think we might get a Salival part 2 type release at some point. Maybe even a live DVD. But I don't think there will be another full length new Tool album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Who knows, they also mention being more happy in the band now. And yes, they got iffy with the perfectionism from Adam bit they did love it in the end. Being most proud of this album. I am glad Justin pulled them in the studio though. ;)

If they don't we can look forward to all the discarded material being released at one point.

Also point of note is that they are no longer under contract for a new album. This could give them freedom. Perhaps the TooL movie soundtrack which had been mentioned a couple of times by them in the past.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

M0G wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:11 pm Not being negative so don't get all pissy but I am sticking to what I have said for awhile now, I think this is going to be their last album. They are all getting older, Danny at 58 has even said what I have said a number of times that if they did do another he would hope sooner because he is getting older and it takes a certain level to play at the level required with Tool.

Based off the interviews this album almost split the group multiple times.

The biggest hurdle in my opinion is Adam and his OCD perfectionist approach. I think Danny, Justin and Maynard would be fine with doing something at a faster pace and not obsess irrationally over it but I could never imagine Adam being okay with that. It took Justin literally putting an ultimatum date in place to get this album done. Justin also doesn't sound particular enthused about getting back at it again, although he is the youngest at 47 and he could be speaking from a place of fatigue.

Also keep in mind they are going to tour fairly heavily over the next year or two. They have said they don't like to write on the road. So just getting back together to write a new album Danny would be 60, Adam 57..unless they started right away...yeah I just don't see it happening.

I do think we might get a Salival part 2 type release at some point. Maybe even a live DVD. But I don't think there will be another full length new Tool album.

Totally agree sir and understand you aren’t bitching. It’s genuinely worth mentioning that we better try and enjoy this moment.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

junior wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:31 pm I've also heard that it will have a randomizer included to change Blair's rant to one of 7 different topics each time you open it.
One of the rants will sync up to the album, while 3 others will appear to sync up when (in reality) they don't.
2 of the remaining will actually be interesting, but have nothing to do with Tool.
1 will just be complete nonsense, and possibly include some cameos of tangential Tool associates drinking at a bar in Las Vegas.
There was talk of an 8th one that also would have synced up, but there was a problem getting it to fit in the allotted space.
Double album confirmed. 🤣
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

8th problem is a problematic problem
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I agree with MOG’s assessment, i pray he’s wrong though.
I forgot my pen
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

the coleman concept..... adventures of the coleman.
go taff!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Junior’s got jokes!

I think you may want to guest post for Blair on occasion, man. I like the cut of your jib.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

Make Problem 8 Great a Problem Again.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Kittaan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:11 pm Junior’s got jokes!

I think you may want to guest post for Blair on occasion, man. I like the cut of your jib.
He gets enough grief for his writings. I don't want any of that.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fair enough.

You’re always a good sport around here. Much appreciated.
Ki77aan :twisted: