Elephteria wasn't needed.

Wait... Failed.

Honest: no, not to many.
mattw
Geacon

Re: Has Tool made too many albums?

Post by mattw »

No.

I think one more album in a few years, say maybe 2025 or so, will be just about right. Some might also argue they haven't made enough albums. Going 13 years between 10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum was obviously frustrating as a fan.

Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, 10 000 Days, Fear Inoculum and _________ would be fine with me. :)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Somewhere in the world I'm fairly certain Mogs head just exploded... (Hi Mog)
Listen to All Them Witches
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

I don't know. I think the Airplane sequel movie was just as good as the original Airplane movie. Wait, what was the question?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

It's called Flying High fuck face! Shi'ite (golly)
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Okay, got it dummy.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Stupid question. Tool Will create at least one more for us stupid fans.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:59 pm Stupid question. Tool Will create at least one more for us stupid fans.
Sorry buddy, only us smrt ones will be able to hear it
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

you bored braaah ? (tyson)
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:10 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:59 pm Stupid question. Tool Will create at least one more for us stupid fans.
Okay poindexter, but seriously. (Just speculation), I think these guys have enough material to create at least 2 new albums. (hopefully no drum solo song wich was just a filler) I really think that they can release new music a lot sooner than the crazy 13 year gap. My main concern is how bad did Covid fuck up Maynards voice. Many people have said "fuck Maynard make an instrumental". Let's be honest, Tool music would not be Tool without Maynard.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:21 pm
hellboy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:10 pm
Okay poindexter, but seriously. (Just speculation), I think these guys have enough material to create at least 2 new albums. (hopefully no drum solo song wich was just a filler) I really think that they can release new music a lot sooner than the crazy 13 year gap. My main concern is how bad did Covid fuck up Maynards voice. Many people have said "fuck Maynard make an instrumental". Let's be honest, Tool music would not be Tool without Maynard.
His voice is already going south but he did say it wasnt affected after his 2nd round of Covid. So thats good to hear but hes not getting any younger. Honestly, the 2nd show i saw in toronto he wasnt so great that night. maybe if i was further back it would of sounded a bit better but i had the stack literally in my face. i cant imagine it was much diff in any other seat based on that sort of.
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by novaconda »

I'm sure I'm in the minority here on this, but since they are not contractually bound at the moment, I'd like to see the release in a less-traditional manner. Handful of singles throughout the year, another EP, thematic releases...I don't know.

I'd like to have one more full album, but honestly at this point, I don't see it happening. I think they love making music, but for such the battle it was for FI, I think they will be creative with their music in their own ways with their own individual projects. Seemed like getting everyone on the same page for FI was like going to the dentist for each member. (Obviously all my perspective and speculation)
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

novaconda wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:03 pm I'm sure I'm in the minority here on this, but since they are not contractually bound at the moment, I'd like to see the release in a less-traditional manner. Handful of singles throughout the year, another EP, thematic releases...I don't know.

I'd like to have one more full album, but honestly at this point, I don't see it happening. I think they love making music, but for such the battle it was for FI, I think they will be creative with their music in their own ways with their own individual projects. Seemed like getting everyone on the same page for FI was like going to the dentist for each member. (Obviously all my perspective and speculation)
i dont think that was the case entirely. Info around has said the lawsuit with the insurance company kept them waiting it out longer then they should have. Plus they are OCD anyway when it comes to making music. They arent hungry anymore, that last part is my own take on it and i kinda buy the other stuff too. Danny did say he'd like to do an E.P during the off time with this covid stuff but you know how all that goes with them. That might end up being how it goes though, Justin said too he wouldnt mind making a song or two. Times ticking for another album like you said but ya never know.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Adam is an absolute perfectionist and I doubt this is going to change as he gets older, Tool is his band and I doubt he's going to tarnish his legacy by rushing out singles.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:20 am Adam is an absolute perfectionist and I doubt this is going to change as he gets older, Tool is his band and I doubt he's going to tarnish his legacy by rushing out singles.
but they dont have to rush out singles if they only do 1 or 2 here and there. Did you hack Bustys account ? hes acting like a dick kinda, hahaha.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

bob wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:25 am
tys0n wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:20 am Adam is an absolute perfectionist and I doubt this is going to change as he gets older, Tool is his band and I doubt he's going to tarnish his legacy by rushing out singles.
but they dont have to rush out singles if they only do 1 or 2 here and there. Did you hack Bustys account ? hes acting like a dick kinda, hahaha.
Hahahaha am I? Ill reign it back sorry pal.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:46 am
bob wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:25 am
Hahahaha am I? Ill reign it back sorry pal.
not really! Its Tysons fault anyway. f him! haha
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

I think tool should still do that movie. Like Imaginaerium was the movie for Nightwish.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ms2r wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:20 am I think tool should still do that movie. Like Imaginaerium was the movie for Nightwish.
idk, after all this time, nothings going to live up to the wait,imo at least. Release something more then Salival for live stuff. Once they pack it in, im sure they will try to milk live stuff in releases as much as they can or at least in some form. Something live has to make it one of these days, Salival doesnt count enough. At least some of the longer songs were on there. No Quarter also sounds better live then the Salival release, i think anyway.

i heard a bit of that Nightwish band a month or so ago. its good but i cant help but think it reminds me of Lord of the Rings adventure music or something, haha, i feel like im going on an adventure when i hear that stuff. The bass player guy just left and wrote some statement about it. thats how i came to know of them a bit.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I'd rather they just stuck to making music tbh. I could die happy without ever seeing a Tool movie.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I would very much adore a live DVD
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I would absolutely adore a Salival type release every 5 years
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Live DVD I'm cool with. A 2 hour long music video - less so
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Considering Adam couldn't be arsed churning out a 10 minute music video , unless of course Gibson pay him enough money, I don't think you've got to much to worry about